Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alok Sharma has tested negative ,I didn't think you still had to quarantine if you already had the virus ! It says it saves Bojo from having to isolate..

Reactions: 3
My dad caught Covid in the hospital. He had cancer and was going to have treatment for it but the Covid robbed him of the chance.
He died yesterday and his death has now become another statistic.
I feel so cheated. I feel so angry. Why did he have to go?
My utmost condolences to you regarding the loss of your dad, Girlscout...sending you big virtual hugs xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Oh cool thank you! Where do you guys get your masks from? I don’t own one
Shops like ASOS and pretty little thing are doing “nice” reusable ones. My mum also bought a pack of 50 disposable ones on amazon for about £8

Reactions: 1
Today was my first day back actually in school since last year (secondary teacher back from Mat leave). We had staff training about year 10s coming back on 15th. They will be in classes of Max 8 and as a teacher there will be a box drawn on the floor at the front of the room and I can’t leave that box whilst teaching 😕

The head also said that he does not expect things to be much different come September and we have to prepare for continuing with online learning with some face to face (sounds like students will be in perhaps one day a week for each year group or something).

On the plus side, I treated us to a McDonald’s on the way home. My son was overjoyed 😂

Also, I saw my mum earlier who is a nurse in outpatients at the hospital. As they’ve moved to telephone consultations, it looks like they’re likely to be making the nurses redundant. Big meeting about it next week 😕 So much for respecting those NHS heroes, eh?

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Today was my first day back actually in school since last year (secondary teacher back from Mat leave). We had staff training about year 10s coming back on 15th. They will be in classes of Max 8 and as a teacher there will be a box drawn on the floor at the front of the room and I can’t leave that box whilst teaching 😕

The head also said that he does not expect things to be much different come September and we have to prepare for continuing with online learning with some face to face (sounds like students will be in perhaps one day a week for each year group or something).

On the plus side, I treated us to a McDonald’s on the way home. My son was overjoyed 😂

Also, I saw my mum earlier who is a nurse in outpatients at the hospital. As they’ve moved to telephone consultations, it looks like they’re likely to be making the nurses redundant. Big meeting about it next week 😕 So much for respecting those NHS heroes, eh?
My teenagers school are having year 10 in individually, 30 mins per subject teacher for core subjects on a one to one teacher to pupil ratio

Reactions: 2
Alok Sharma has tested negative ,I didn't think you still had to quarantine if you already had the virus ! It says it saves Bojo from having to isolate..
They haven’t been able to prove if you have it you are immune so you’d have to keep isolating

They haven’t been able to prove if you have it you are immune so you’d have to keep isolating
My brother's had it and got the anti bodies but some staff are coming back no anti bodies but tested positive for covid! It's such a weird virus!

there will be a box drawn on the floor at the front of the room and I can’t leave that box whilst teaching 😕
From a fellow teacher I empathise with how hard this is.

Oh the other hand my kids may be able that I am not ambling around the room 😂

My brother's had it and got the anti bodies but some staff are coming back no anti bodies but tested positive for covid! It's such a weird virus!
Tbf didn’t the say the antibody tests weren’t always accurate?

Hey all
Canada poster here, lol. Ventured out this morning to Homesense, Marshalls, and Winners (TK Maxx). Thought I would treat myself to some candles. Anyway, what an utter waste of time! The shelves at Homesense were BARE, it felt eerie, you could almost hear an echo in the store. Marshalls and Winners were a bit better but no candles, and still pretty bare. I would say half of the people were wearing masks (I always do)?

Reactions: 3
From a fellow teacher I empathise with how hard this is.

Oh the other hand my kids may be able that I am not ambling around the room 😂

Tbf didn’t the say the antibody tests weren’t always accurate?
Oh I don't know. These have been done at the hospital and they seem pretty confident with the testing.

I saw a YouTube video where you could make one from a pair of socks. Just cut the toe off then cut a slit at each end of the sock to slip over your ears. The heel should be on your chin! I made myself a nice one out of a bit of material and two hairbands few weeks ago. i use it when I go to the supermarket because people seem to have given up on it in the shops where I live even though on the street we are still crossing over and leaving space!

Reactions: 2
You’re saying even if you test negative you are still treated as postive ??
No, if you have had it and recovered and you them come into contact with someone else who has it (via track and trace) or show symptoms you would need to isolate again as even if you have had it they cannot be sure you are now immune.

No, if you have had it and recovered and you them come into contact with someone else who has it (via track and trace) or show symptoms you would need to isolate again as even if you have had it they cannot be sure you are now immune.
Awww ok I haven’t bothered getting the app , it’s useless for me and wouldn’t apply to me

Hey all
Canada poster here, lol. Ventured out this morning to Homesense, Marshalls, and Winners (TK Maxx). Thought I would treat myself to some candles. Anyway, what an utter waste of time! The shelves at Homesense were BARE, it felt eerie, you could almost hear an echo in the store. Marshalls and Winners were a bit better but no candles, and still pretty bare. I would say half of the people were wearing masks (I always do)?
I’m so desperate to go to homesense here in the uk!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.