Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So confused.....

All these English zoos are saying the government won’t let them open “indefinitely” but aren’t saying why?
I wonder why ? nobody be's near the animals so transmission on that front would be low..

Reactions: 2
Massive spike in Iran they've entered their second wave 😐
Iran are testing three times as many people as they were originally. They had a lockdown of just 2 weeks and opened everything up immediately. I don’t believe their first wave was ever over

Reactions: 7
Iran are testing three times as many people as they were originally. They had a lockdown of just 2 weeks and opened everything up immediately. I don’t believe their first wave was ever over
I've no idea ,but the spike is huge

Reactions: 1
Definitely to do with testing. No other country has had a spike. Our deaths are going down a lot now as well 😊

Reactions: 1
I am honestly so fed up of this coronavirus tit and so glad that we are finally opening things up.

I honestly am starting to believe the reaction to the virus was blown completely out of proportion.

Our province has a population of 4.5 million and 6.5 thousand people got the virus. We closed everything in March but never went into full lockdown, we were still allowed outside multiple times and stores such as Home Depot, Staples etc stayed open.

Out of 4.5 million people, only 145 have died and those have mainly been in their 80s and 90s. I am thinking that we should have put a shield on those 65+ but younger people could still go to work, perhaps wearing masks.

I know there is no point dwelling on it now but I'm just frustrated at the state of the economy when the virus has not been that bad. We've only had 50 people in hospital and 8 in the ICU...out of a population of 4.5 million.

Surely if the virus was THAT spreadable, everyone that goes to then grocery store would have got it?

Even going to the stores now is miserable. I wore my mask yesterday and went to one but the stock was low and I almost felt bad for lifting things up to look at them. It was Homesense so a store that you browse.

My fiancé is on the redeployment list for work. Now their goal for him is to be a VP eventually one day so they're doing it to try and expand his skills and because he's adaptable. But he is a team lead right now and is having to think of how to explain it to his team. In a time like this, it sounds bad and he couldn't say: oh cause they see potential in me, when others are being redeployed so they don't have to be laid off. And of course, he could still get laid off and the stress of that is killing me. People need to start going back to work asap.

It is all just such bullshit and I'm ready for it to be over.

Edit to add: Our province has a very young population which is why I think we have faired ok. It seems countries/provinces with high deaths have a higher older population.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
It's saying the R is above 1 in the NW and SW wonder what they'll do there...

Definitely to do with testing. No other country has had a spike. Our deaths are going down a lot now as well 😊
There's about 6 other countries that have had a spike ,they said at our briefing yesterday.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I am honestly so fed up of this coronavirus tit and so glad that we are finally opening things up.

I honestly am starting to believe the reaction to the virus was blown completely out of proportion.

Our province has a population of 4.5 million and 6.5 thousand people got the virus. We closed everything in March but never went into full lockdown, we were still allowed outside multiple times and stores such as Home Depot, Staples etc stayed open.

Out of 4.5 million people, only 145 have died and those have mainly been in their 80s and 90s. I am thinking that we should have put a shield on those 65+ but younger people could still go to work, perhaps wearing masks.

I know there is no point dwelling on it now but I'm just frustrated at the state of the economy when the virus has not been that bad. We've only had 50 people in hospital and 8 in the ICU...out of a population of 4.5 million.

Surely if the virus was THAT spreadable, everyone that goes to then grocery store would have got it?

Even going to the stores now is miserable. I wore my mask yesterday and went to one but the stock was low and I almost felt bad for lifting things up to look at them. It was Homesense so a store that you browse.

My fiancé is on the redeployment list for work. Now their goal for him is to be a VP eventually one day so they're doing it to try and expand his skills and because he's adaptable. But he is a team lead right now and is having to think of how to explain it to his team. In a time like this, it sounds bad and he couldn't say: oh cause they see potential in me, when others are being redeployed so they don't have to be laid off. And of course, he could still get laid off and the stress of that is killing me. People need to start going back to work asap.

It is all just such bullshit and I'm ready for it to be over.
Must admit I feel I have hone full circle and am starting to agree with you.

Reactions: 10
I’m with the people thinking maybe things have been blown out of proportion and we were scare mongered. I definitely went through the phase of being SO angry at everyone breaking lockdown, whereas now I’m very like whatever each to their own. I think as long as people are sensible and stay distanced from those who are vulnerable we could be ok to see our family and friends and go about our lives.

Work don’t think we’ll be back in the office until September / October. It could be 2021 by the time we are all back full time.

I’m with the people thinking maybe things have been blown out of proportion and we were scare mongered. I definitely went through the phase of being SO angry at everyone breaking lockdown, whereas now I’m very like whatever each to their own. I think as long as people are sensible and stay distanced from those who are vulnerable we could be ok to see our family and friends and go about our lives.

Work don’t think we’ll be back in the office until September / October. It could be 2021 by the time we are all back full time.
I am the same. I still wear a mask to go out because if I had it but asymptomatic, I don't want to pass it to folk and I keep my distance. But I am not going to police what others do. We have huge protests here for BLM and I am not mad at them. The majority are wearing masks and they are outside where apparently it is harder to get the virus. 2 weeks after these protests will really tell us how contagious the virus is and if we overreacted or not..

Reactions: 2
I think a lot of folk are just done with the restrictions. It’s going on too long now.

Reactions: 3
I think a lot of folk are just done with the restrictions. It’s going on too long now.
The impact of losing jobs, poor economy, losing houses, etc is going to impact more people FAR worse than this virus ever will and honestly am getting quite annoyed at that.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The impact of losing jobs, poor economy, losing houses, etc is going to impact more people FAR worse than this virus ever will and honestly am getting quite annoyed at that.
Agreed. I was all for lockdown at first and getting angry with those not abiding but now I no longer judge. My work have announced there will be redundancies across the board - two months of lockdown has destroyed the business and no sign of recovery in sight.

• Sad
My friend (nurse) had a positive antibody test today and she has had no symptoms whatsoever! She is taking with a pinch of salt though.

I too am sick of all of this. This has fucked everything up.

I will openly admit I’ve eased my restrictions slightly. I spent 5 minutes in my Mums kitchen the other day before we went outside just having a chat and it’s helped my mental health so much. My little one will be going there again whilst we are at work as my parents are healthy, no underlying conditions and still relatively young. We won’t be visiting inside the house and dropping off our little one will be done via the doorstep but I feel like the weight of the world has finally been taken off our shoulders.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm in the other camp. I don't think restrictions should've been lifted as soon as they were and I was quite happy to stay in lockdown for a while longer. Yes it's having a huge impact on me mentally but I'm one of those people that are absolutely terrified of this virus.

Reactions: 8

we had a meeting yesterday to be told the same. I’m done! I need more than my 4 walls day in, day out.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm in the other camp. I don't think restrictions should've been lifted as soon as they were and I was quite happy to stay in lockdown for a while longer. Yes it's having a huge impact on me mentally but I'm one of those people that are absolutely terrified of this virus.
But then that’s ok as well. Everybody has to do what is right for them and I cannot judge somebody for being terrified of the virus because I once was, I’ve seen it first hand, but then I’ve also done enough of my own research to make an educated decision on how to move forward. I’ve struggled with my mental health for 3 years and I can easily say the last 3 months have been the lowest I’ve ever, ever felt. It was either that or be signed off work and end up in a worse position. I’m very lucky to still be in a position where my job is there and open for me to go to 4 days a week. I want to be able to give it my all as I adore it. But I was in the position where I wasn’t. It’s not healthy for me and my partner to be going to work on no sleep all the time. I’m sure there will be plenty of people who don’t agree with me and then some that don’t agree with you, but I wouldn’t have done anything my family weren’t comfortable with and we all agreed we’re approaching it sensibly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.