Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My yr6 returned today. We had tears this morning, he was worried he’d not be able to distance or play with his friends, I said we’d see how it goes.

6 hours later he comes home with a massive smile 😊 He absolutely loved it! There is only 10 in the class and he loved that it was quiet, no distractions, more attention from the teacher and was still able to engage in fun activities with his school friends. He wants it to stay like this forever 😂

I am sooooo pleased he went in and it’s gone so well this week parents who initially declined are now asking if they get their child in.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Ugh we went shopping today and my daughter saw there were cars in the mcdonalds drive thru.

I am NOT sitting in my car for an hour waiting for fries and nuggets. Had to convince her it was only open for burgers as they've run out of chicken nuggets and fish fingers. She doesn't like burgers.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t think the app is live yet
Regarding the app ..
i saw a post on a work colleagues fb today regarding the app and android phones. it said its already on your phone whether you've downloaded it or not!
i had a look at my google settings and low and behold its there behind the scenes!
Not sure how i feel about this being added to my phone without my concent !
(reminds me of when U2 violated my i pad with their unwanted album download)

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 12
My year 6 kid can’t go back even if I wanted to send him. There’s no room after keyworker children. Then the priority is reception and year 1then finally year 6. Not a lot I can do, the school is still providing online work so I think that will be it as far as his primary education is concerned.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Regarding the app ..
i saw a post on a work colleagues fb today regarding the app and android phones. it said its already on your phone whether you've downloaded it or not!
i had a look at my google settings and low and behold its there behind the scenes!
Android user here too - looking at the details if you click on the covid-19 notifications it says it needs to be linked to the app itself to work. At least that's my understanding of what it says - could be wrong though!

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Android user here too - looking at the details if you click on the covid-19 notifications it says it needs to be linked to the app itself to work. At least that's my understanding of what it says - could be wrong though!
have to confess i didnt go to far into it as im pretty hopeless with technology and didnt want to turn anything on!

Reactions: 4
Regarding the app ..
U2 worse by far ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Awww ok I haven’t bothered getting the app , it’s useless for me and wouldn’t apply to me
I was using the app as an example, it’s not live yet.

Even if you have tested positive for covid, if you get symptoms or anyone you have had contact with has it you would need to isolate again.

Am I missing something, did lockdown end? View attachment 145899
As long as it’s all socially distanced the government is encouraging it.

They might as well said it’s over.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I was using the app as an example, it’s not live yet.

Even if you have tested positive for covid, if you get symptoms or anyone you have had contact with has it you would need to isolate again.

As long as it’s all socially distanced the government is encouraging it.

They might as well said it’s over.
Doesn’t apply to health care workers in the sense of if you come into contact with someone whose positive , we don’t isolate (we would if we develop symptoms) but not on the basis we come into contact with them

Doesn’t apply to health care workers in the sense of if you come into contact with someone whose positive , we don’t isolate (we would if we develop symptoms) but not on the basis we come into contact with them
I appreciate that, but in terms of the general public. All I’m trying to say is there is no limit to how many times you may need to isolate, it’s not necessarily a one off thing.

Our school has finally sent out a survey to the year groups the government wants to return.
Within it, it states that should a child or member of staff have a temperature (they are checking this on entrance and twice during the day) that all children in that bubble must be collected and self isolate with their families until a negative test result is received. If a positive one is then all children and their families have to isolate for 14 days.
Is this right? Im assuming it must be, but for those working how are they going to cope having to pick their kids up everytime someone gets a temperature and lets face it with little kids temperatures happen often, especially at the start of a new school year which this basically is after such a long break. I know a few parents who initially wanted to send theirs back have now said they wont be as they cant afford for their partner to potentially have to keep isolating.

Also they've mentioned that in order for your child to attend they must practice social distancing outside of school as must you their parent. If they recieve evidence of a child or parent not following the government guidelines on social distancing then they will ask the child and their family to stay away from school for 14 days! Our school is full of busy bodies who love to report things to the office, so I doubt they'll have many kids in there at the end of the first week 🤣

• Wow
Our school has finally sent out a survey to the year groups the government wants to return.
Within it, it states that should a child or member of staff have a temperature (they are checking this on entrance and twice during the day) that all children in that bubble must be collected and self isolate with their families until a negative test result is received. If a positive one is then all children and their families have to isolate for 14 days.
Is this right? Im assuming it must be, but for those working how are they going to cope having to pick their kids up everytime someone gets a temperature and lets face it with little kids temperatures happen often, especially at the start of a new school year which this basically is after such a long break. I know a few parents who initially wanted to send theirs back have now said they wont be as they cant afford for their partner to potentially have to keep isolating.

Also they've mentioned that in order for your child to attend they must practice social distancing outside of school as must you their parent. If they recieve evidence of a child or parent not following the government guidelines on social distancing then they will ask the child and their family to stay away from school for 14 days! Our school is full of busy bodies who love to report things to the office, so I doubt they'll have many kids in there at the end of the first week 🤣
How will it go with employers if people are randomly phoning in to say they have to isolate

Reactions: 2
How will it go with employers if people are randomly phoning in to say they have to isolate
That's what i thought, it won't happen will it? My husband couldn't do that, he's lucky in the sense he is isolated at his workplace anyway but if he didn't go in, over and over again because some child in a bubble with one of ours had a temperature then he wouldn't have a job.
The list of rules and things they've sent out is crazy, they've even put up detailed coloured instructions of how to self isolate 🤣 as if people can't wrap their heads around that after weeks of lockdown!

• Haha
That's what i thought, it won't happen will it? My husband couldn't do that, he's lucky in the sense he is isolated at his workplace anyway but if he didn't go in, over and over again because some child in a bubble with one of ours had a temperature then he wouldn't have a job.
The list of rules and things they've sent out is crazy, they've even put up detailed coloured instructions of how to self isolate 🤣 as if people can't wrap their heads around that after weeks of lockdown!
You would have to tell your employer I might be in depending what the temp is 😂 my husband gets his done every night for his work ,and the soles of his shoes disinfected so it is a policy:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Completely fed up worked through at a nursery for key worker children and opened up fully on the 1st. Do not feel safe at all mixing groups up and staff swapping rooms and won’t bring more staff in to help out so we are all working arses off while half the staff are home safe on furlough. Totally disappointed in the company and feeling sorry for myself ☹ I’m still worried about getting sick i know cases are dropping but it’s still out there and feel totally unprotected
I can relate to how you feel working in this industry at this time, I feel like early years have been completely shat on during this time and schools have remained absolutely fine. I raised concerns about what you’ve explained as my mum is extremely vulnerable and I didn’t feel it was safe to go back to work yet. Their response was to lay me off in September and if during that time until then if they need me I HAVE to come in even though their fully aware of my situation. I’ve spoken to ACAS about this and they keep on asking if I’m a part of a union which I’m not however if you are take it up with them and if your not have a little google, I’m sure their like a fiver a month and would be worth having if you feel unsafe during this time! Your doing amazing during this time and the kids must adore you x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.