Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t they have better things to focus on. Either way, it’s technically not allowed but I guess as cases are still increasing in the communities despite people not having much contact for 10 weeks it’s obviously happening somewhere.

I know of one couple who haves stayed at each other’s regularly throughout the whole lockdown and she works for the NHS 🤦🏻‍♀️

As there is so much technology around people really need to look at the bigger picture. There are some couples who have been together for years who choose not to live together but if they were that desperate they should have moved in together for lockdown, I know plenty of people who did and those in newer relationships will just need to wait. I went a year without any before I met my husband and I survived! People in long distance relationships make it work a few more weeks will be ok.
I've been in a long distance relationship and accepted that I might not see my partner for weeks or months as that's how it was. My current partner lives a couple of miles away from me. We didn't have the option to move in with each other for lockdown as it all moved very quickly and realistically there's no way we could've found a property for us especially when people weren't allowed to move house! Yes there's Skype and FaceTime but it's obviously not the same and I didn't chose to have another long distance relationship. It didn't work for me. And its not just about sex. It's about being with the person you love. It's not just as black and white as saying you should've moved in with someone. As someone else has said, please have a bit of compassion.

Reactions: 6
Littlest (reception) started back at school today.

We queued 2m apart like anywhere else, school played music outside and all the staff were lined up chatting to us. Her teacher came out and got them one by one.

Two girls in her class (who are attached at the hip) held hands in the queue and no one rushed in and stopped which I was worried would happen.

My daughter was up at 6am with excitement and skipped in so excited! We were there early as our walking route in is normally where an upper school plus our school walks and it was empty. Out of her class of 30 I think there were about 12 of us.

I hope she has a nice day 🤞
aw, I’m delighted for her!!!!
I’m glad some kids are getting this stability back, I know it’s very different for them right now but it’s such an important part of their lives,

(no judgement to anyone btw, send your kids in, keep them at home, put them on a treadmill in front of peppa bleeping pig, you do you)

I've been in a long distance relationship and accepted that I might not see my partner for weeks or months as that's how it was. My current partner lives a couple of miles away from me. We didn't have the option to move in with each other for lockdown as it all moved very quickly and realistically there's no way we could've found a property for us especially when people weren't allowed to move house! Yes there's Skype and FaceTime but it's obviously not the same and I didn't chose to have another long distance relationship. It didn't work for me. And its not just about sex. It's about being with the person you love. It's not just as black and white as saying you should've moved in with someone. As someone else has said, please have a bit of compassion.
you should really dump him and check out the local drive thru,
Just saying..... 9 piece chicken nugget meal and joe who lives within 2m and has a side passage to his house... eh... eh 😉😉

• Haha

We queued 2m apart like anywhere else, school played music outside and all the staff were lined up chatting to us. Her teacher came out and got them one by one.

Two girls in her class (who are attached at the hip) held hands in the queue and no one rushed in and stopped which I was worried would happen.

My daughter was up at 6am with excitement and skipped in so excited! We were there early as our walking route in is normally where an upper school plus our school walks and it was empty. Out of her class of 30 I think there were about 12 of us.

That sounds nice. I’m waiting and seeing for two weeks but I think il moving towards sending my boy back to reception. He misses his friends and needs that social contact. Hope she has a lovely day 😊

• Heart
I'm not sure i understand the problem if for instance you live alone and your boyfriend lives alone with only going to each others house but following all other social distancing rules. Surely you're then only seeing the same amount of people and having the same amount of contact as if you did live together? Seems a bit bonkers to me.

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure i understand the problem if for instance you live alone and your boyfriend lives alone with only going to each others house but following all other social distancing rules. Surely you're then only seeing the same amount of people and having the same amount of contact as if you did live together? Seems a bit bonkers to me.
controversial opinion,

everything about the U.K. rules and guidelines is bleeping bonkers.

realistically there is no way 2 people are sheltering in place alone and seeing or going nowhere else though. And even if a few are, the majority won’t be.

they can keep throwing suggestions and guidelines around but who’s really going to listen at this point. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Imagine going to court because you got caught shagging your boyfriend 😂

I have got a date for my daughter to go back to school. Suddenly all the parents that declared it would be like prison etc are wavering because they’ve found out they will have to teach them a full curriculum at home 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
So I rang the dentist at 9. Was home by 9.45 with my antibiotics. Couldnt belive how fast it was sorted.

But no alcohol for 4 days. Sure the dentist heard me mutter ffs under my breath. He started laughing 🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Imagine going to court because you got caught shagging your boyfriend 😂

I have got a date for my daughter to go back to school. Suddenly all the parents that declared it would be like prison etc are wavering because they’ve found out they will have to teach them a full curriculum at home 😏
excellent!!!
I bet she’s so excited to go back! 🙂

Just my opinion 😬
Even seeing the smaller kids playing with a few of their friends over the last week, the improvement in their mood is so obvious!

they’re sleeping better, eating better, less tantrums.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone been to the dentist recently? I've had pain in my lower gum.

Thought it was a wisdow tooth coming. I was flossing last night and felt something pop. I woke up last night and all the right side of my mouth is throbbing.

I think it could be as absess 🤢 I've never had one before. Only ever been to the dentist for my check ups before. Cant belive its happening now 😳
I had a dental emergency .I called my own dentist and spoke with reception. They arranged the dentist to call me back. They discussed the issue and went through my dental notes in phone ,conclusion was some sort of wisdom tooth infection. They sent antibiotics to my local pharmacy to be collected, and advised on a medicated mouthwash to buy . It was under 2 hours from me making the first contact to picking up the medication.

I had a follow up call from the dentist to see if the problem was resolved. It's still slightly painful which I told them and I was given the option of just to wait it out now it's bearable and continue using the medicated mouth wash. Or I could have had an emergency appointment at a emergency hub quite far from home for it removing ( they asked lots of questions regarding shielding, medical history at this stage)

Anyway I was worried I would get no help but I was very impressed with how quickly it was dealt with and the range of help offered.

Reactions: 2
So I rang the dentist at 9. Was home by 9.45 with my antibiotics. Couldnt belive how fast it was sorted.

But no alcohol for 4 days. Sure the dentist heard me mutter ffs under my breath. He started laughing 🤭
Oh you’re lucky, I always get given metronidazole for like 10 days with mine and can’t drink for bleeping weeks. It’s the worst, which is why I am prepared to pay top dollar to have them removed privately :ROFLMAO:

I understand that sex was technically breaking rules of social distancing but making it illegal?! Making you a criminal for having sex?!

I’m officially completely done with our government.
How will they know ? will they set up a sex detecting agency ,it sounds pretty stupid to me 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So who is going to be more at risk?
Two singles who have been furloughed and obeyed all the rules, get together and have sex?
Two who live together but are key workers and have obeyed all the rules, they have sex?
Honestly we were debating this last night in Asda in between playing dodge the customer!😉

Reactions: 9
So who is going to be more at risk?
Two singles who have been furloughed and obeyed all the rules, get together and have sex?
Two who live together but are key workers and have obeyed all the rules, they have sex?
Honestly we were debating this last night in Asda in between playing dodge the customer!😉
Very true, buts who’s to say those two singletons are only sleeping with each other. Whereas the two key workers are no more at by having sex with each other if they already live together.

I think they need to allow for bubbles, then couples nominate their partners as part of their bubbles. It no help for those without partners but would help couples.

Dutch advice made me laugh. Recommending a designated duck buddy

You need to share that article in the Downing Street men thread, the list is top five ! 😂 they need to pick one and one only !!

I’m sure she will. Please let us know how she gets on. I have heard loads of positive feedback, most parents and children were very happy yesterday with how things went. My youngest is desperate to go back she’s year four. She’s desperately missing it

Reactions: 4
Last edited:
  • Haha
Not sure what I want more at this stage in lockdown, Seeing my boyfriend or munching a mcchicken sandwich meal 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The McFlurry should never have taken the place of the caramel or chocolate sundae and I don’t care that this is the wrong thread to express this opinion.

It’s a bleeping fact.

3404A84F-540C-417D-8F62-3DCA1D396DD1.jpeg

If you don’t agree you’re wrong and I can’t help you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Friend of mine works for a large travel agent, and she has been taking calls for the FCO to help repatriate, find travel etc, however they told her last week that her contract will be ending tomorrow even though the calls are still relentless, so she thinks the FCO travel ban is about to get lifted, or revised in some way to allow travel, holidays and the tourism economy to start getting back to normal. She also thinks that hotels, and travel companies will be doing everything they can to ensure safety, a fairly normal holiday and the hotels will be making sure everything is top notch to ensure there is no backlash and court cases.

Newcastle airport is open apparently, although no food places or bars are open, and all the duty free is closed. (bang goes the obligatory 5am pint pic!)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.