Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
apparently the 14 day quarantine rule will be discussed tomorrow will be interesting to see if this air bridges rule goes ahead and some holidays might resume from july:unsure:

Reactions: 1
We’re apparently going to a caravan holiday park with the in laws at the end of July.

I honestly can’t be arsed, there will be no pool, no facilities. Yeah there’s the sea and ‘scenery’ but it just sounds a bit tit. What exactly will there be to do beyond that?

Plus it’s only just occurred to me that we may not even be allowed to go since we are from two separate households.

I’m just not feeling it, everyone else is being sickeningly positive and saying stuff like “it’ll be nice to get away” And I’m like no it bleeping won’t it’ll be like being at home but more boring and less comfy😒 Kids are expecting it to be the same as when they went with them last year too so they’ll be disappointed. I want this year to be done already.
This is exactly what I was saying. Yes were going to cornwall so the beach will be amazing. BUT what if the weathers crap? My kids loving swimming but that will he a no go. The only reason we chose the site was because of the facilities.

I'm not arse about driving all that distance to spend all day in a baked bean can 😒.

Reactions: 2
I’m
Going to nice in September I had 3 flights for my sisters and I booked as one of my sisters has a flat there. They were flights from May paid 132 for all 3 and they let me have 500 worth of flights for 132. Can’t wait im retired so if I have to quarantine I can

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is exactly what I was saying. Yes were going to cornwall so the beach will be amazing. BUT what if the weathers crap? My kids loving swimming but that will he a no go. The only reason we chose the site was because of the facilities.

I'm not arse about driving all that distance to spend all day in a baked bean can 😒.
I’m half tempted to say I’m not going and the rest of them can do what they like🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s annoying me even thinking about it today lol.

It's crazy to me that here in Canada we started closing everything around the same time the UK did, although we weren't completely locked down in our homes, yet we have already reopened many things and the UK still hasn't. I wonder why it's so much worse in the UK? Did more people not stick to social distancing, etc? Hotels are reopening here in Alberta now too and other areas of Canada.

Little one back from school. She had a really good day and absolutely loved it. Think there were 10 in her 'bubble'. Very chatty on the way home :)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's crazy to me that here in Canada we started closing everything around the same time the UK did, although we weren't completely locked down in our homes, yet we have already reopened many things and the UK still hasn't. I wonder why it's so much worse in the UK? Did more people not stick to social distancing, etc? Hotels are reopening here in Alberta now too and other areas of Canada.
Canada is much much much more sparsely populated, imo you can’t really make comparisons between how the virus has spread between the U.K. and Canada

Reactions: 4
Meh realistically though if one person goes in one other persons house and they both live alone the risk is the same as if they lived together was my point.

They won't enforce it anyway so spose it doesn't matter if it makes no sense.
Yes but how to you put that into the guidance without opening it up to other people visiting people ? I totally understand what you mean. I am just trying to rationalize why it's they way it is.

I know it's a long way off but thinking about Christmas. Really hoping we're at a point where we're able to all sit around a table together.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Going by what you said previously it looks like the Canadian people actually listened to the advice, even the police were handing out fines so it seemed to have worked there.

I know it's a long way off but thinking about Christmas. Really hoping we're at a point where we're able to all sit around a table together.
There’s absolutely no way people will be following social distancing by then. Regardless of what the government say, people will spend it with loved ones.

Also, pubs and restaurants will suffer a massive loss if we aren’t back to normal by then! I’m remaining very positive that things will be back normal before Christmas :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Friend of mine works for a large travel agent, and she has been taking calls for the FCO to help repatriate, find travel etc, however they told her last week that her contract will be ending tomorrow even though the calls are still relentless, so she thinks the FCO travel ban is about to get lifted, or revised in some way to allow travel, holidays and the tourism economy to start getting back to normal. She also thinks that hotels, and travel companies will be doing everything they can to ensure safety, a fairly normal holiday and the hotels will be making sure everything is top notch to ensure there is no backlash and court cases.

Newcastle airport is open apparently, although no food places or bars are open, and all the duty free is closed. (bang goes the obligatory 5am pint pic!)

Friend of mine works for a large travel agent, and she has been taking calls for the FCO to help repatriate, find travel etc, however they told her last week that her contract will be ending tomorrow even though the calls are still relentless, so she thinks the FCO travel ban is about to get lifted, or revised in some way to allow travel, holidays and the tourism economy to start getting back to normal. She also thinks that hotels, and travel companies will be doing everything they can to ensure safety, a fairly normal holiday and the hotels will be making sure everything is top notch to ensure there is no backlash and court cases.

Newcastle airport is open apparently, although no food places or bars are open, and all the duty free is closed. (bang goes the obligatory 5am pint pic!)
My grandson who is an aircraft groomer has just been informed he is being made redundant. I'm especially upset as he has learning disabilities and aspergers, the job was perfect for him as he got picked up from home and driven to and from the airport. Once there he was told what was expected of him . Getting another job suitable for him is going to be hard and God knows what it will do to him mentally. He lives with me and I know it's going to be hard going because his meltdowns are legendary. I bloody hate this virus.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
My grandson who is an aircraft groomer has just been informed he is being made redundant. I'm especially upset as he has learning disabilities and aspergers, the job was perfect for him as he got picked up from home and driven to and from the airport. Once there he was told what was expected of him . Getting another job suitable for him is going to be hard and God knows what it will do to him mentally. He lives with me and I know it's going to be hard going because his meltdowns are legendary. I bloody hate this virus.
I'm sorry to hear this, what a rubbish thing to happen for him (and you). Hopefully once things pick up again he will be able to get a similar job. I understand how hard the change and lack of routine will be for him though.

• Heart
Does anyone else think by extending the lockdown reviews from 21 days to 28 days, people will just ignore it all together? I cant wait until July to be told I can see family. Its absolutely ridiculous now.
Is that what’s happening???

Beaches are mildly busy at the minute with no tourists so i can't imagine by then you'll be able to effectively social distance on them. We've been having to go at 4pm when the masses have left.
What has the company you booked with said about things?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.