Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the sex rumour just came from the fact you can’t have someone in your house. Technically it’s never been allowed.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a dental emergency .I called my own dentist and spoke with reception. They arranged the dentist to call me back. They discussed the issue and went through my dental notes in phone ,conclusion was some sort of wisdom tooth infection. They sent antibiotics to my local pharmacy to be collected, and advised on a medicated mouthwash to buy . It was under 2 hours from me making the first contact to picking up the medication.

I had a follow up call from the dentist to see if the problem was resolved. It's still slightly painful which I told them and I was given the option of just to wait it out now it's bearable and continue using the medicated mouth wash. Or I could have had an emergency appointment at a emergency hub quite far from home for it removing ( they asked lots of questions regarding shielding, medical history at this stage)

Anyway I was worried I would get no help but I was very impressed with how quickly it was dealt with and the range of help offered.
This is exactly what's wrong with mine. From ringing up I was back home in 45 minutes with my prescription. I was up last night worried about it. Really happy with them 👏

Littlest (reception) started back at school today.

We queued 2m apart like anywhere else, school played music outside and all the staff were lined up chatting to us. Her teacher came out and got them one by one.

Two girls in her class (who are attached at the hip) held hands in the queue and no one rushed in and stopped which I was worried would happen.

My daughter was up at 6am with excitement and skipped in so excited! We were there early as our walking route in is normally where an upper school plus our school walks and it was empty. Out of her class of 30 I think there were about 12 of us.

I hope she has a nice day 🤞
Ahhhh this is so good to see! My Yr6 returns on Thursday and he (and I as hubby has now returned after 10 weeks furloughed so I’m wfh and unsuccessfully schooling) is looking forward to it. Chatting to a friend with a 4 year old the other day and she’s sending her back to nursery next week, apparently shes turning into a mini adult as getting no interaction with other kids and she’s starting to worry about her development.

I live on a small development and over the past week or so a few of the kids have been out playing together and it’s been absolutely wonderful listening to them and seeing them play. They look so happy and content. If my son wants to drag himself away from his PS4 to go out I’d happily let him. The risk is there as it always will be but that’s the thing, it won’t go away and we can’t stay locked away until it does (but I won’t be queuing at IKEA 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Friend of mine works for a large travel agent, and she has been taking calls for the FCO to help repatriate, find travel etc, however they told her last week that her contract will be ending tomorrow even though the calls are still relentless, so she thinks the FCO travel ban is about to get lifted, or revised in some way to allow travel, holidays and the tourism economy to start getting back to normal. She also thinks that hotels, and travel companies will be doing everything they can to ensure safety, a fairly normal holiday and the hotels will be making sure everything is top notch to ensure there is no backlash and court cases.

Newcastle airport is open apparently, although no food places or bars are open, and all the duty free is closed. (bang goes the obligatory 5am pint pic!)

I have also been getting many emails from travel based companies airlines etc. They seem to be gearing up.

Reactions: 1
The UK tourism industry is looking to reopen from the 4th July 👀 get your holidays booked now 😂

obviously not with your extended family though 😂

Reactions: 2
The UK tourism industry is looking to reopen from the 4th July 👀 get your holidays booked now 😂

obviously not with your extended family though 😂
Don’t fancy dodging human tit in Cornwall because the local council wouldn’t open WC’s
🤢

• Sick
Don’t fancy dodging human tit in Cornwall because their council would open WC’s
🤢
Weve booked cornwall for mid July. Were a good 8/9 hrs away. Just hoping it gets cancelled so we can get a refund.

I dont think swimming pools will be opening until at least August. And even if thats the case, you would be able to use the changing rooms.

Weve booked cornwall for mid July. Were a good 8/9 hrs away. Just hoping it gets cancelled so we can get a refund.

I dont think swimming pools will be opening until at least August. And even if thats the case, you would be able to use the changing rooms.
Likewise - dreading it. Lack of facilities and the mentality of the locals. I follow a few local pages and I get the impression that even if the green light was given tourists wouldn’t be welcome 😦

I am getting increasingly annoyed with the blatant ignoring of people’s mental health through the impact of not seeing their loved ones.

I don’t give a tit about football, Macdonalds, a holiday if I can’t hug my partner or my little cousins. It is tone deaf to open all this but expect people to not see their loved ones.

They say it is about morale but it isn’t it is about money. It is was about morale they would recognise people need their loved ones. I understand the economy needs started because it does, open all this tit by all means but at least ACKNOWLEDGE that having little to no human touch for coming on three months is bleeping important.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We’ve moved our July Devon caravan holiday to Easter hols. The site is likely going to be open but a lot of facilities might not be.

Likewise - dreading it. Lack of facilities and the mentality of the locals. I follow a few local pages and I get the impression that even if the green light was given tourists wouldn’t be welcome 😦
At the moment none of the local businesses are benefitting from the influx of visitors. We welcome tourists, when they stay in our hotels and holiday parks, shop at our village stores, spend in our cafes and restaurants. All they are doing at the moment is swarming our beaches and carparks and shitting at the side of the road.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Sorry I know I dip in and out of these threads but my daughter had a fall and cut her cheek today. Called 111 and they said to go to a&e. My partner’s taken her as I’m a mess in no state to drive so I’m staying home with our other daughter. Totally freaking out thinking what if they bring covid back to the house?? Unlikely I know, I’d imagine it will be quiet especially the children’s a&e. My head is spinning though this is the last thing I wanted to happen during lockdown. Sorry just needed to put this somewhere I’m so worried I wish I could have gone with her.

• Heart
I am getting increasingly annoyed with the blatant ignoring of people’s mental health through the impact of not seeing their loved ones.

I don’t give a tit about football, Macdonalds, a holiday if I can’t hug my partner or my little cousins. It is tone deaf to open all this but expect people to not see their loved ones.

They say it is about morale but it isn’t it is about money. It is was about morale they would recognise people need their loved ones. I understand the economy needs started because it does, open all this tit by all means but at least ACKNOWLEDGE that having little to no human touch for coming on three months is bleeping important.
I really think they need to introduce the bubble concept. I took my son to my mums garden yesterday and we sat distanced plus I bought his paddling pool so he played in that rather than getting too close to my mum. It was so painful for all of us not to hug. My son understands but we are a huggy family so it’s been a huge change. 11 weeks without a hug from my bf of 3 years has been so bad, we’ve become numb now and our FaceTimes etc have slowed up. We can’t live together through lockdown as we have pets that don’t get on. My son also hasn’t seen his dad since feb as he lives 90 miles away and that is taking its toll on them both too. The longer this goes on the more the mental health aspect escalates.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I really think they need to introduce the bubble concept. I took my son to my mums garden yesterday and we sat distanced plus I bought his paddling pool so he played in that rather than getting too close to my mum. It was so painful for all of us not to hug. My son understands but we are a huggy family so it’s been a huge change. 11 weeks without a hug from my bf of 3 years has been so bad, we’ve become numb now and our FaceTimes etc have slowed up. We can’t live together through lockdown as we have pets that don’t get on. My son also hasn’t seen his dad since feb as he lives 90 miles away and that is taking its toll on them both too. The longer this goes on the more the mental health aspect escalates.

100% spot on with my feelings. I feel the gulf opening between myself and those I love and it makes you feel helpless to stop it. I think with an end point people would cope but we don’t have one and we are just expected to cope and understand. Especially children!

• Heart

100% agree. We’re social beings, 11 weeks without that contact is unheard of.

Social bubbles need to be introduced with immediate effect or impact on mental health will be far more detrimental than any economic impact. The services were under strain as it is.

Reactions: 5
Friend of mine works for a large travel agent, and she has been taking calls for the FCO to help repatriate, find travel etc, however they told her last week that her contract will be ending tomorrow even though the calls are still relentless, so she thinks the FCO travel ban is about to get lifted, or revised in some way to allow travel, holidays and the tourism economy to start getting back to normal. She also thinks that hotels, and travel companies will be doing everything they can to ensure safety, a fairly normal holiday and the hotels will be making sure everything is top notch to ensure there is no backlash and court cases.

Newcastle airport is open apparently, although no food places or bars are open, and all the duty free is closed. (bang goes the obligatory 5am pint pic!)
I’m meant to be going to the USA at the start of July. I’m getting so stressed. The one thing that was making me feel better was the travel ban and Trump’s closure if the borders. I just pray he does me a favour, for once in his life and keeps them closed for the foreseeable. Our death rate is too high to allow us in surely? The airline say the flights are going so I’m stuck in limbo as the voucher scheme they offer stops on June 30th and I can’t change to next year as they sell only 3330 days in advance.
Sorry, I just needed to get that out as I feel so worried. I’m meant to be there for 3 weeks, with my daughter and I don’t want to risk it. But also, I don’t want to lose the £1400 I’ve paid ☹

• Sad
Sorry I know I dip in and out of these threads but my daughter had a fall and cut her cheek today. Called 111 and they said to go to a&e. My partner’s taken her as I’m a mess in no state to drive so I’m staying home with our other daughter. Totally freaking out thinking what if they bring covid back to the house?? Unlikely I know, I’d imagine it will be quiet especially the children’s a&e. My head is spinning though this is the last thing I wanted to happen during lockdown. Sorry just needed to put this somewhere I’m so worried I wish I could have gone with her.
She will be fine. A few of my friends have taken their kids to a&e and said it's been absolutely dead x

• Heart
Please don’t worry they will be taking more precautions than anywhere else and I expect it will be very quiet. I had to go to hospital a couple of weeks ago, like you I was very anxious about it but I really couldn’t have felt safer

• Heart
Reactions: 1
100% agree. We’re social beings, 11 weeks without that contact is unheard of.

Social bubbles need to be introduced with immediate effect or impact on mental health will be far more detrimental than any economic impact. The services were under strain as it is.
Exactly! It could last for decades especially because the mental health of teenagers is already shocking. This is just being added on top.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She will be fine. A few of my friends have taken their kids to a&e and said it's been absolutely dead x
Please don’t worry they will be taking more precautions than anywhere else and I expect it will be very quiet. I had to go to hospital a couple of weeks ago, like you I was very anxious about it but I really couldn’t have felt safer
Thank you both this is what I needed to hear. Hoping they won’t be too long since it should be quieter.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.