Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is exactly what's wrong with mine. From ringing up I was back home in 45 minutes with my prescription. I was up last night worried about it. Really happy with them šŸ‘
They only gave me 3 days worth of antibiotics.its definitely a million times better. But still slight ache so I'm going to stick it out hopefully until I can get in with my regular dentist. I am quite nervous at the dentist anyway so a new clinic, unfamiliar dentist and extra covid stuff would have tipped me over the edge. I can just about cope for my nice lady dentist who has been my dentist for 20yearšŸ˜‚

I had been in agony for 5 days before I even attempted to call them šŸ™ˆ

Iā€™m meant to be going to the USA at the start of July. Iā€™m getting so stressed. The one thing that was making me feel better was the travel ban and Trumpā€™s closure if the borders. I just pray he does me a favour, for once in his life and keeps them closed for the foreseeable. Our death rate is too high to allow us in surely? The airline say the flights are going so Iā€™m stuck in limbo as the voucher scheme they offer stops on June 30th and I canā€™t change to next year as they sell only 3330 days in advance.
Sorry, I just needed to get that out as I feel so worried. Iā€™m meant to be there for 3 weeks, with my daughter and I donā€™t want to risk it. But also, I donā€™t want to lose the Ā£1400 Iā€™ve paid ā˜¹
I'm the same... part of me thinks yes we need to start getting back to normal, but we have the highest infection rate.
Lady we are going on hol with is a carer so she's now stressing cos she can't self isolate for 2 weeks on return. Same hol next year is another Ā£900 extra. I cant cancel now cos ill lose most of my money.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
They only gave me 3 days worth of antibiotics.its definitely a million times better. But still slight ache so I'm going to stick it out hopefully until I can get in with my regular dentist. I am quite nervous at the dentist anyway so a new clinic, unfamiliar dentist and extra covid stuff would have tipped me over the edge. I can just about cope for my nice lady dentist who has been my dentist for 20yearšŸ˜‚

I had been in agony for 5 days before I even attempted to call them šŸ™ˆ
Thats what I've got three days worth. Cant remeber what they are called but they are absolutely massive šŸ˜‚

Sorry I know I dip in and out of these threads but my daughter had a fall and cut her cheek today. Called 111 and they said to go to a&e. My partnerā€™s taken her as Iā€™m a mess in no state to drive so Iā€™m staying home with our other daughter. Totally freaking out thinking what if they bring covid back to the house?? Unlikely I know, Iā€™d imagine it will be quiet especially the childrenā€™s a&e. My head is spinning though this is the last thing I wanted to happen during lockdown. Sorry just needed to put this somewhere Iā€™m so worried I wish I could have gone with her.
Honestly it will be fine. My 2 year old had 3 visits to a&e last week, due to being a typical boy with no fear. Any its was absolutely fine. Had to tell your symptoms at the door, anybody with covid symptoms go through a different door & put in a private room. No interaction with the a&e waiting room or cubicles at all. In & out each time in less than an hour.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thats what I've got three days worth. Cant remeber what they are called but they are absolutely massive šŸ˜‚
Are they a yellowish colour ? Mine were too.they actually made me really poorly ( sickness, heart palpitations, šŸ’©šŸ’© šŸ™ˆ) I ended up having to take them in halfs for a few days longer .

Its bloody ridiculous they cant keep human beings apart forever. Plus unless you have curtain twitching neighbours how would the police know? The police cant even control people breaking lockdown rules outside so how are they going to control people having sex, check every non married persons house?. :giggle:
Well technically the person shouldn't be in your house at all sex or not.

I'm not sure i understand the problem if for instance you live alone and your boyfriend lives alone with only going to each others house but following all other social distancing rules. Surely you're then only seeing the same amount of people and having the same amount of contact as if you did live together? Seems a bit bonkers to me.
But then you get into complicated rules. The rule of you can't go into another person's home is a clear rule. It's hard to start saying unless this or unless that.

As I said you can't say certain people can go into partners homes but only if they aren't having to go to work/aren't sitting on the beach etc or partners can go into people's homes but you can't go into your mum and dad's house. The government should be giving simple rules which you can't interpret as you like (unless your name is Dominic Cummings šŸ‘)

And yes that's hard to swallow but think how many expections people would want added to the restrictions.

Littlest (reception) started back at school today.

We queued 2m apart like anywhere else, school played music outside and all the staff were lined up chatting to us. Her teacher came out and got them one by one.

Two girls in her class (who are attached at the hip) held hands in the queue and no one rushed in and stopped which I was worried would happen.

My daughter was up at 6am with excitement and skipped in so excited! We were there early as our walking route in is normally where an upper school plus our school walks and it was empty. Out of her class of 30 I think there were about 12 of us.

I hope she has a nice day šŸ¤ž
Same here. My little boy started back today. He was very happy to in. Strange seeing them take his temperature though šŸ˜¬

But then you get into complicated rules. The rule of you can't go into another person's home is a clear rule. It's hard to start saying unless this or unless that.

As I said you can't say certain people can go into partners homes but only if they aren't having to go to work/aren't sitting on the beach etc or partners can go into people's homes but you can't go into your mum and dad's house. The government should be giving simple rules which you can't interpret as you like (unless your name is Dominic Cummings šŸ‘)

And yes that's hard to swallow but think how many expections people would want added to the restrictions.
Meh realistically though if one person goes in one other persons house and they both live alone the risk is the same as if they lived together was my point.

They won't enforce it anyway so spose it doesn't matter if it makes no sense.

Ahhhh this is so good to see! My Yr6 returns on Thursday and he (and I as hubby has now returned after 10 weeks furloughed so Iā€™m wfh and unsuccessfully schooling) is looking forward to it. Chatting to a friend with a 4 year old the other day and sheā€™s sending her back to nursery next week, apparently shes turning into a mini adult as getting no interaction with other kids and sheā€™s starting to worry about her development.

I live on a small development and over the past week or so a few of the kids have been out playing together and itā€™s been absolutely wonderful listening to them and seeing them play. They look so happy and content. If my son wants to drag himself away from his PS4 to go out Iā€™d happily let him. The risk is there as it always will be but thatā€™s the thing, it wonā€™t go away and we canā€™t stay locked away until it does (but I wonā€™t be queuing at IKEA šŸ˜‚)
My grandaughter went back to playgroup at the school yesterday but can only go 2 mornings a week as they are closing the school on Wednesday to clean. Even though they all finish school at 12. Only 2 others with her and it was a choice between Monday Tuesday or Thursday Friday. My daughter is a self employed cleaner and us back working and hubby is at home working full time in it. Sheā€™s going to write to the headmaster and ask why she canā€™t go 4 mornings as they have allowed 6 per session. Sheā€™s do much happier since yesterday and is going to school in September. Our local school lots of kids back happy up see them skipping your school everyone needs to get a grip kids are being damaged keeping them at home

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes people do go months but when its not your norm and you aren't used to it is increasingly hard, especially when things are starting to open up i.e. primark but theres no timeframe on seeing loved ones.

Thats great for you and your husband but did you live through a pandemic doing it? Were you stuck in those housing arrangements for months unable to leave except for an hour a day? No doubt it, you were going to work, shopping etc I assume.
It is Hard. My Husbands ex military, you go months without seeing him. You go though times when there is no contact at all. You get a date they are coming home, then plans change and dates get moved. It is tough what your going through, but the main thing is you both know each otherā€™s safe. I Hope itā€™s not too much longer for those in your situation. Surely with the shops ect opening they have to announce something for you soon!

My grandaughter went back to playgroup at the school yesterday but can only go 2 mornings a week as they are closing the school on Wednesday to clean. Even though they all finish school at 12. Only 2 others with her and it was a choice between Monday Tuesday or Thursday Friday. My daughter is a self employed cleaner and us back working and hubby is at home working full time in it. Sheā€™s going to write to the headmaster and ask why she canā€™t go 4 mornings as they have allowed 6 per session. Sheā€™s do much happier since yesterday and is going to school in September. Our local school lots of kids back happy up see them skipping your school everyone needs to get a grip kids are being damaged keeping them at home
The government have created this themselves with all the scaremongering. I don't blame parents for being hesitant in sending their kids back ,as people don't know what to believe anymore with all the contradictory info coming from Westminster..

Reactions: 2
That is a shame. Can they come to our? Our 2.5YO is potty training so they're coming to us as it's easier X
Sadly not as itā€™s two separate households so no way they could come safely, one being mid 80ā€™s. My FIL could probably but it seems such a long distance to not be able to stay šŸ˜• we will just wait to do it safely but like you say, itā€™s just tough, but weā€™ll see how long it goes on for, perhaps my husband will have to do the trip on his own if we think itā€™s going to be a while yet.
We are trying to potty train our
Toddler too however he isnā€™t interested atm canā€™t say Iā€™m excited for when we can do the trip and heā€™s outta nappies! šŸ˜‚

im actually jealous šŸ¤£
we would go but nearest open one to us is 1/2 hour drive away (the greedy ba$tsrds also have the option of 4 Maccie D drive throughs in their immediate area šŸ˜­šŸ˜­).
The one closest to me is on an A road (a.20 min walk/5 min drive) and would cause traffic chaos with queues so can see why it hasnt opened!
I spoke too soon, woke up to the news that they weren't opening any branches near me today šŸ˜­ Yeah the nearest to me is about 40 mins away that opened today but I saw the queues on the news and how the police are directing traffic and thought "not today!"
Hopefully this craving will be fulfilled by Thursday :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I spoke too soon, woke up to the news that they weren't opening any branches near me today šŸ˜­ Yeah the nearest to me is about 40 mins away that opened today but I saw the queues on the news and how the police are directing traffic and thought "not today!"
Hopefully this craving will be fulfilled by Thursday :ROFLMAO:
Never mind a water shortage they'll be a burger and fries shortage by the look of things šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Does anyone else think by extending the lockdown reviews from 21 days to 28 days, people will just ignore it all together? I cant wait until July to be told I can see family. Its absolutely ridiculous now.

Weve booked cornwall for mid July. Were a good 8/9 hrs away. Just hoping it gets cancelled so we can get a refund.

I dont think swimming pools will be opening until at least August. And even if thats the case, you would be able to use the changing rooms.
Weā€™re apparently going to a caravan holiday park with the in laws at the end of July.

I honestly canā€™t be arsed, there will be no pool, no facilities. Yeah thereā€™s the sea and ā€˜sceneryā€™ but it just sounds a bit tit. What exactly will there be to do beyond that?

Plus itā€™s only just occurred to me that we may not even be allowed to go since we are from two separate households.

Iā€™m just not feeling it, everyone else is being sickeningly positive and saying stuff like ā€œitā€™ll be nice to get awayā€ And Iā€™m like no it bleeping wonā€™t itā€™ll be like being at home but more boring and less comfyšŸ˜’ Kids are expecting it to be the same as when they went with them last year too so theyā€™ll be disappointed. I want this year to be done already.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.