Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cummings has gone to the freedom towers in NY to test his blocked ears 🤷‍♀️

and Peter Andre is running for PM.

duck knows
I can remember us waiting patiently on here when St Paddy's day parade's were getting cancelled ,thinking it was just a precautionary thing and everything would blow over.It's like a million yrs ago now from that ,and a hell of a lot seems to have happened since, that we're still trying to get our heads round..It has been strange times..

Reactions: 6
In other news, I'm looking forward to Maccies potentially opening tomorrow 🥳 I will be one of the muppets in the queue!
Oooh lucky! No news on our local opening yet. Absolutely dying for a Big Mac how pathetic 😂

Reactions: 3
If this has already been mentioned I apologise, BUT, last night it was reported in my local news paper that it is now illegal to have sex with someone that does not live with you. Wtf? I get that you cant visit someone in their home but I don’t see how allowing single people with partners that live away from them isn’t okay? Surely it comes under care because EVERYONE needs emotional support too. Regardless of social distancing how long can it be considered reasonable to keep people away from their respective other halves and expect them to not break the rules and visit each other. My best friend is living with us, and last night she was very upset as the prospect that she may not be able to meet anyone and start a relationship/family for YEARS. She is at an age where she would like children and to meet someone long term. What is happening.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
I understand that sex was technically breaking rules of social distancing but making it illegal?! Making you a criminal for having sex?!

I’m officially completely done with our government.

Reactions: 12
I understand that sex was technically breaking rules of social distancing but making it illegal?! Making you a criminal for having sex?!

I agree it seems like were stepping forward in so many ways but backwards in others. I get it spreads more inside but they dont even seem to consider any sort of indoor bubble system

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I agree it seems like were stepping forward in so many ways but backwards in others. I get it spreads more inside but they dont even seem to consider any sort of indoor bubble system
A bubble system would help so many people by allowing them to have a hug from someone. If the people involved aren’t vulnerable then I don’t see the harm at all.

It’s the fact that it’s become criminal to do. So unfair.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone been to the dentist recently? I've had pain in my lower gum.

Thought it was a wisdow tooth coming. I was flossing last night and felt something pop. I woke up last night and all the right side of my mouth is throbbing.

I think it could be as absess 🤢 I've never had one before. Only ever been to the dentist for my check ups before. Cant belive its happening now 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Hah and how do you think they’re going to police this?

• Haha
I honestly have no idea😂 it’s the most ridiculous law
They aren’t. It’s just guidance to reduce people starting to spread further than is desirable for them at this stage. I’d say use your common sense rather than listen to the ridiculous statements coming out (and reading the daily mail 😉)

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Thought it was a wisdow tooth coming. I was flossing last night and felt something pop. I woke up last night and all the right side of my mouth is throbbing.

I think it could be as absess 🤢 I've never had one before. Only ever been to the dentist for my check ups before. Cant belive its happening now 😳
I know in Scotland MyDentist practices are open for everyone? Even those who aren’t registered there. My neighbour has an abscess and she’s going to the dental hospital today for it.

On a side note - when I had an abscess, after it popped and the liquid came out (rank,sorry) it went away!

Reactions: 1

Ah I feel for you, I’ve had infected wisdom teeth loads and am on the waiting list to have the buggers out (was going to go private and just get it over with, but then lockdown happened!). Could it just be you flossed too hard and cut the gum? If the pain is at the back of your mouth and it also hurts to open your mouth wide it could be your wisdom tooth. Get some chlorhexidine mouthwash (corsodyl or own brand) and also try salt water.

I think the dentist may be able to give out antibiotics over the phone at the moment? Or failing that I’m pretty sure emergency dentists are open and would see you for something like this if it’s causing a lot of pain.

I doubt it’s actually illegal, however it is against the lockdown advice. You should not be meeting anyone outside your household inside or be within 2 meters of them outside.

Sex isn’t exactly a British thing to talk about so I highly doubt it’s even evening considered. I think bubbles would be good but I know people would take the piss as they already are. Frankly the vast majority of people aren’t following lockdown down anyway!

Reactions: 5
I know in Scotland MyDentist practices are open for everyone? Even those who aren’t registered there. My neighbour has an abscess and she’s going to the dental hospital today for it.

On a side note - when I had an abscess, after it popped and the liquid came out (rank,sorry) it went away!
Ah I feel for you, I’ve had infected wisdom teeth loads and am on the waiting list to have the buggers out (was going to go private and just get it over with, but then lockdown happened!). Could it just be you flossed too hard and cut the gum? If the pain is at the back of your mouth and it also hurts to open your mouth wide it could be your wisdom tooth. Get some chlorhexidine mouthwash (corsodyl or own brand) and also try salt water.

I think the dentist may be able to give out antibiotics over the phone at the moment? Or failing that I’m pretty sure emergency dentists are open and would see you for something like this if it’s causing a lot of pain.
Oh it deffinalty popped could taste it 🤢🤢
The area is still very swollen, like my gums popping up over my tooth
I keep trying the salt water. I'm registered so I'll give then a ring at 9. Hopefully they can sort me out over the phone.

Thank you xx

They aren’t. It’s just guidance to reduce people starting to spread further than is desirable for them at this stage. I’d say use your common sense rather than listen to the ridiculous statements coming out (and reading the daily mail 😉)
I’m not reading the daily mail at all. I’m watching the morning news and it is being discussed with MPs. Let’s not be so sarcastic and condescending.

If this has already been mentioned I apologise, BUT, last night it was reported in my local news paper that it is now illegal to have sex with someone that does not live with you. Wtf? I get that you cant visit someone in their home but I don’t see how allowing single people with partners that live away from them isn’t okay? Surely it comes under care because EVERYONE needs emotional support too. Regardless of social distancing how long can it be considered reasonable to keep people away from their respective other halves and expect them to not break the rules and visit each other. My best friend is living with us, and last night she was very upset as the prospect that she may not be able to meet anyone and start a relationship/family for YEARS. She is at an age where she would like children and to meet someone long term. What is happening.
From what I read that's the press sensationalising. It hasn't been made law that sex with a partner is specifically illegal but in England they have made gatherings of over 6 outside illegal and gatherings of more than 2 (from different households) inside illegal. Then the article went further to say sex outside is illegal therefore sex with someone from another household would now be illegal. So nothing is any different from before I guess. If you don't live together you shouldn't be in each others home. So it's the same with parents, families etc as well as people partners.

I don't think they can say partners can see each other but you can't go into your mum's house ? So they need to keep the rule consistent ? Sucks though.

Reactions: 6
The change is that it has gone from proving an exemption for a reason to leave (1 of the 4 original reasons) to moving to an actual criminal legal ban on any meeting of 2 people in different houses. It was never criminalised before and could be gotten round with proving exemption to the rules (i.e Cummings)

I’m not reading the daily mail at all. I’m watching the morning news and it is being discussed with MPs. Let’s not be so sarcastic and condescending.
Ha sorry that wasn’t meant to be directly to you - just people in general taking what they read as gospel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.