Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is cutting hair going to be safe being that you can't do it 2m apart? Wear a mask & maybe visor & hope for the best??

Well my friend's in the police, we were texting earlier. She's been to the beach for a daytrip with her boyfriend (also in the police) that she doesn't live with 🤦‍♀️ We live about as far away from a beach as you can get.
Christ. They clearly don't give a tit then!!! I know one police officers. He's young and new to the job... Also not distancing.

Attachments

So will there be the obligatory visit to 🎅 this yr ,or will they cancel this also😐 and if they ask why what do we tell them 🤔
Our kids have missed out on enough this year, I won’t be taking the magic of Christmas away from them too (even though the thought would normally make me want to tear my own hair out).

Reactions: 6
Police officers are finding it impossible to police where I am. My partner works for them and between officers isolating, officers quitting, the sheer number of calls coming in about ridiculous things (people standing on driveways, going into gardens which I know is frustrating for some but at least common sense has been applied and they aren’t in the house) it means they’re having to focus on the bigger ‘breaches’ ie those having house parties, large numbers of peoples in a household alongside the rest of the serious crime which is still going on.

It may vary from area to area though but I know the force he works for have really been struggling and essentially trying to focus on serious crimes. X
This is so sad, I really feel for them. My close relative was in the police. I don't envy anyone doing the job and he's pleased to have finished his 30 years and retired in his early 50s.

Reactions: 2
How is cutting hair going to be safe being that you can't do it 2m apart? Wear a mask & maybe visor & hope for the best??
That’s pretty much what we’ve had to do in the care sector this whole time. We have a visor, a hairnet, disposable face masks, plastic aprons and gloves. Non-essential businesses will have to start back up sometime.

Reactions: 3
That’s pretty much what we’ve had to do in the care sector this whole time. We have a visor, a hairnet, disposable face masks, plastic aprons and gloves. Non-essential businesses will have to start back up sometime.
My point was that only businesses who can socially distance are opening.... Hair/beauty salons cannot. I'm not being awkward, I'm looking forward to getting my name coloured as soon as possible but want to be safe!

Reactions: 4
Our kids have missed out on enough this year, I won’t be taking the magic of Christmas away from them too (even though the thought would normally make me want to tear my own hair out).
The queue's be bad enough at the best of times how would they manage now 😬

My point was that only businesses who can socially distance are opening.... Hair/beauty salons cannot. I'm not being awkward, I'm looking forward to getting my name coloured as soon as possible but want to be safe!
I didn’t say you were being awkward, just that people have had to do this the entire time already. There is no social distancing in care, it’s not possible. You’re not obligated to use those services if you don’t feel that the conditions are safe enough.

The beauty salons in Spain the tec's are wearing full PPE

I didn’t say you were being awkward, just that people have had to do this the entire time already. There is no social distancing in care, it’s not possible. You’re not obligated to use those services if you don’t feel that the conditions are safe enough.
If people want their hair done they'll have to conform weather they like it or not

Reactions: 5
The queue's be bad enough at the best of times how would they manage now 😬
People will do online shopping where they can I’d imagine. Hopefully things will be better by then. I only ever do online shopping at Christmas as the thought of the queues give me a headache. Not to mention hearing Band Aid on repeat in every store. 😬

Reactions: 6
People will do online shopping where they can I’d imagine. Hopefully things will be better by then. I only ever do online shopping at Christmas as the thought of the queues give me a headache. Not to mention hearing Band Aid on repeat in every store. 😬
Crossed wires, I'm talking about taking the kids to visit Santa in his grotto I'd imagine this will not be possible anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
The beauty salons in Spain the tec's are wearing full PPE

If people want their hair done they'll have to conform weather they like it or not
That’s what I’m thinking. I’ve said before that I believe this is going to be something we’ll have to live with. Life can’t remain on hold forever while people pray for a vaccine, that’s the reality.

Crossed wires, I'm talking about taking the kids to visit Santa in his grotto I'd imagine this will not be possible anymore.
Oh yeah, I hadn’t even thought of that. :/

A lot near me you have to book a time slot in advance. One of them sells out by early Sept!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
That’s what I’m thinking. I’ve said before that I believe this is going to be something we’ll have to live with. Life can’t remain on hold forever while people pray for a vaccine, that’s the reality.

Oh yeah, I hadn’t even thought of that. :/
Yes we'll be living with it we need to learn the best way to work round things ,It'll be like walking through a minefield ..we'll have to tread carefully..

He's home. Thought he'd dislocated his toe but he's broken it instead
Hope that he’ll soon be on the mend. If it’s any help, I spent most of last Thursday, and yesterday too, at our local hospital as our ASC teenager had tripped and badly scraped his knee ........ and all of the staff that we saw were very reassuring re Covid safety. They spotted his ASC quirks straightaway, and were lovely with him .....
I can recommend Netflix and wine gums for his recovery!

• Heart
This is so sad, I really feel for them. My close relative was in the police. I don't envy anyone doing the job and he's pleased to have finished his 30 years and retired in his early 50s.
Its horrendous for them at the minute. They’re struggling to organise officers for serious crimes never mind adding into the mix deaths at home, a lot of elderly people are being reported as missing persons because instead of knocking on their door/calling them to check how they are neighbours and family members immediately assume that they’re dead or gone missing. 🥺

On a more positive note though our last covid positive patient on my ITU was able to be discharged to a rehab ward yesterday!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just trying catch up with news .

Poor Emily Mathis she's an excellent journalist.
Boris performance to say well done yvette Cooper.
Did I hear right fines going up after the Cummings incident although 100 quid cheap for him.

This local lockdown wonder how that happen.
Say local branch sainsburys some staff test postive.
Does the entire store have shut down 14days.

Random question we trying get few things done on the house and the garden.
But been getting crazy quoted do we think consumers are being charged more for goods and services?

• Angry
This local lockdown wonder how that happen.
Say local branch sainsburys some staff test postive.
Does the entire store have shut down 14days.

Random question we trying get few things done on the house and the garden.
But been getting crazy quoted do we think consumers are being charged more for goods and services?
BIB
I suppose it depends on the job.
I do know there is a shortage of plaster due to factories halting production.
Sold out everywhere apparently so, as plasterers don’t have the materials to work at present, then I think perhaps their prices will go up when they can work again and I bet the cost of plaster does too.
It all has a knock on effect.:(

Last edited:
BIB
I suppose it depends on the job.
I do know there is a shortage of plaster due to factories halting production.
Sold out everywhere apparently so, as plasterers don’t have the materials to work at present, then I think perhaps their prices will go up when they can work again and I bet the cost of plaster does too.
It all has a knock on effect.:(
I totally get that issue when materials in short supply but their services in high demand.

In specifically looking at glazing.
I approached a local company who were ridiculous and rude 1st.
I then saw a home influencer on insta and liked her doors she tagged the window company about 1.5 hours away from me.
I messaged the influencer and asked what their service was like and rough sort price bracket she was lovely and said they were good and she paid just under x.
I approached quote and my quote is £700 more.

We had same with decking lately my husband used to work in diy so was aware cost of materials bit the Labour costs were a crazy nearly 500 quid a day for 4 days work.
We did manage negociate down but was still higher than expected

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.