Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At this point I don’t think I’d download an app or accept a vaccine 😂🤣

I trust nobody 😂🤣
I don’t think I’d accept a free mask without thinking there’s a catch tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hope hes ok

I went to a&e with my 2 year old 2 weeks ago it was empty and they were very carefull about who went where. i wouldnt worry. X
Thank you. Hubby just text and said there's only them and one in so sat at opposite ends of the waiting room

Reactions: 6
A little bit laughable our ‘world beating’ test and trace system is a phone call to those who’ve tested positive to ask them who they have been in contact with..... a 7 year old could come up with that idea

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If people have been seeing every Dom, Dick and Harry and breaking rules, will they really be honest about who they’ve been in contact with? Would they then be sanctioned for breaking rules?

Is it an app?? I thought if you tested positive the NHS will then contact you to work out who you have been in contact with. Could be wrong though - turned on half way though!!
Baroness Dido said app so I believe so. I assume so cause honestly how else would they do it? phone signal maybe but that's a huge area between masts so it wouldn't be accurate

Also... where are these millions of antibody tests they promised this week? I swear they just pull some random new idea out their arses every day 🤦‍♀️
I'm convinced they do it on purpose so that we never know what they've said or not said. It's like a house of mirrors where it's just a different thing every corner so you don't actually don't know whats going

Reactions: 3
Baroness Dido said app so I believe so. I assume so cause honestly how else would they do it? phone signal maybe but that's a huge area between masts so it wouldn't be accurate

I'm convinced they do it on purpose so that we never know what they've said or not said. It's like a house of mirrors where it's just a different thing every corner so you don't actually don't know whats going
No app.. you have to go and get tested then they will contact you and collect the details of anyone you have been in contact with. I prefer it to an app but relies on honesty and those who may be asymptomatic sticking to a 14 day quarantine

Attachments

Reactions: 1
A little bit laughable our ‘world beating’ test and trace system is a phone call to those who’ve tested positive to ask them who they have been in contact with..... a 7 year old could come up with that idea
It's suppose to be amazing but they did this in south korea when the outbreak began so I don't get this whole "we're so special" facade that they've got with this thing. It did work in south korea tbf but it was right at the beginning

Reactions: 2
No app.. you have to go and get tested then they will contact you and collect the details of anyone you have been in contact with. I prefer it to an app but relies on honesty and those who may be asymptomatic sticking to a 14 day quarantine
how do you know who you’ve been in contact with in the queue at the Garden centre though

• Haha
Reactions: 5
how do you know who you’ve been in contact with in the queue at the Garden centre though
I guess it means people who you haven’t been socially distanced with? So your household and maybe social bubble if that is introduced. The hope being that you’d be socially distanced in shops but I know it definitely hasn’t happened in supermarkets here!

Right now I'm confused cause they're calling it an app on the briefing? If it's not then what is he on about making it mandatory? What's optional about it?

Edit: It is an app. The plan is that the app traces everywhere you've been and then if you test positive they use the app to track where you've been and cross reference it with others who've got the app and they get told to isolate. That's what I've got from it anyway

I’m confused about it all😂 yet something else that hasn’t been communicated to us clearly
It is an app but it's optional to download it as of this moment. I'm assuming if need be they automatically download it on to everyones phone. You can't lie cause it'll track where you've been and I'm assuming providing they have the app they know who you've been around?
Bit iffy cause it relies on you having a smart phone and it, most importantly, relies on people actually being tested?!

It is an app but it's optional to download it as of this moment. I'm assuming if need be they automatically download it on to everyones phone. You can't lie cause it'll track where you've been and I'm assuming providing they have the app they know who you've been around?
Bit iffy cause it relies on you having a smart phone and it, most importantly, relies on people actually being tested?!
Yes further down the article it says that “eventually” they “hope” a free NHS app will be available. They hope in the coming weeks. Again, all very conflicting messages between the conference and the BBC publication. Happy that it is using Bluetooth rather than data though.

Yes further down the article it says that “eventually” they “hope” a free NHS app will be available. They hope in the coming weeks. Again, all very conflicting messages between the conference and the BBC publication. Happy that it is using Bluetooth rather than data though.
yeah the guardian is saying it's logging into a website and then later on says

"Once the app is up and running, the patient’s mobile phone should automatically identify anyone they have come close to. But until that happens, patients will be asked to identify likely contacts themselves, via an online process. "

So is it voluntary to log onto the app and trace who you've been in contact with? Why are they saying app when it's not one. I've listened to that whole briefing the word "app" was used.

either way and I don't want to be this person but it's not going to work is it let's face it.

It's suppose to be amazing but they did this in south korea when the outbreak began so I don't get this whole "we're so special" facade that they've got with this thing. It did work in south korea tbf but it was right at the beginning
Yes. Someone asked Boris why it took so long to make track and trace when compared to S..Korea today and he had no answer. Just ummms and errs.

It really does feel like they've banned the news. Only one DC related question today during the briefing.... I really want the press to keep the pressure on....

In England we can only meet up with one other person outside. So I can meet my mum in the morning and my dad in the afternoon but not both at the same time
The news are reporting that it could be extended to meeting one household but you must only see that one household and vice versa
This has to be in th front garden too.... Not the back as then people will be inclined to walk through the house/touch things/use the toilet/have a cup of tea...

In England we can only meet up with one other person outside. So I can meet my mum in the morning and my dad in the afternoon but not both at the same time
The news are reporting that it could be extended to meeting one household but you must only see that one household and vice versa
This has to be in th front garden too.... Not the back as then people will be inclined to walk through the house/touch things/use the toilet/have a cup of tea...
So I haven’t kept up with the thread it moves fast! But anyhow, what are people doing about kids been of school and returning to work!? My boss has said ‘we should of all found child care approaching the 6 weeks holiday anyways’ so she expects us all to be in with no issues.. but my issue is my mums a key worker and has been working throughout and she would usually watch my children but with social distancing happening it’s been a bit of a pain..I’m guessing my employer won’t be sympathetic since she’s said that and she doesn’t have any children just herself... anyone else facing the same problems?
If your mum who is a keyworker is more exposed to covid that you are maybe that will save your manager into being more sympathetic?

Mine works in a a shop and I feel scared leaving my son with her.... She's forms into contact with so many idiots who don't distance...

Last edited:
My neighbour just had one of their mums over for tea in the garden. Chatting, laughing and joking. She’s just left and beeped and they’re outside waving her off. So blatant. No sneaking her in, just all very obvious,

• Sad
So I haven’t kept up with the thread it moves fast! But anyhow, what are people doing about kids been of school and returning to work!? My boss has said ‘we should of all found child care approaching the 6 weeks holiday anyways’ so she expects us all to be in with no issues.. but my issue is my mums a key worker and has been working throughout and she would usually watch my children but with social distancing happening it’s been a bit of a pain..I’m guessing my employer won’t be sympathetic since she’s said that and she doesn’t have any children just herself... anyone else facing the same problems?
If your mum who is a keyworker is more exposed to covid that you are maybe that will save your manager into being more sympathetic?

Mine works in a a shop and I feel scared leaving my son with her.... She's forms into contact with so many idiots who don't distance...
The things is are we going to see a large spike in the next 2 weeks after the bank holidays, people flocking to the beach etc Surely this means a chance of a huge spike due to people’s stupidity. If those beach photos were for real yesterday I have one question, where were the police? That’s breaking lockdown having a packed beach. Even if lockdown lifted tomorrow, are people really not using their common sense and realising the virus is still out there? Who puts their child and others at risk on a packed beach? 🙄Wales is still in lockdown and I saw pictures of the beaches being empty, people aren’t breaking the rules there so why in a England are they? Cummings did what he did but that doesn’t mean you have to take risks.

Sorry if I’m late to the party here, I wasn’t about yesterday really but this annoyed me when I saw the photos.
Fully agree. It's infuriating what Cummings did but two wrongs don't make a right and if you have any sort of a tit about the health of your family, you wouldn't risk it...

Fully agree. It's infuriating what Cummings did but two wrongs don't make a right and if you have any sort of a tit about the health of your family, you wouldn't risk it...
I know. My neighbour has health issues herself so I find it strange she’s done that. She’s been selling things, meeting people on her driveway and standing less than 2 metres apart.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.