Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I don't give a shit about garden parties or barbecues. I just want to be able to go sit in my mum and dads garden and have a cup of tea and a chat. My sister is already planning a bbq for end of June but we've politely declined the invitation. No way they'll be any social distancing when they're all pissed as a fart and I'm not willing to put my family at risk for a hotdog!
You can go and sit in their garden for a chat and a cuppa if you keep a distance.

But please please don't do this if either are hard of hearing.

A woman visits her Mom every day for an hour about 4 houses up. She brings her deckchair and she sits at the end of the front garden. Every sentence is repeated 3 times getting louder and louder. That family have no secrets now 😂

If anyone is interested, they should have been in Portugal this week but they've changed to next year and only had to pay an extra £150.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Every other parent in the country that has had this illness has just got on with it. Shove some chicken nugs in the oven and cartoons on the TV. Fucking above the law

• Heart
Reactions: 26

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Is this the same Sali Hughes who made a video crying and saying she was bullied (believe it was aimed at tattle) for being called out for Doing stuff people didn’t agree with? Who is now publicly calling someone out for doing stuff she doesn’t agree with?

Don’t agree with what Cummings did btw. Just think it’s ironic that all these bekind people think it’s fine for the media to harass certain people but not others

Unpopular opinion maybe but i hate the "be kind" brigade. They aren't actually bothered about being kind to be people. They just shout it when it suits them so they don't have to analyse the facts and have any kind of accountability. If they actually cared about mental health issues it'd be something but most don't. They just throw be kind around so it looks like they've done something and they can pat themselves on the back. It's so superficial.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Viewer1901

VIP Member
I've not watched the briefing so correct me if I'm wrong. I can go to IKEA and buy a new dining table - but can't have anyone over to sit at said dining table. I can go to TK Maxx and buy a lovely new duvet cover, but can't share it with my long distanced partner. We can go and buy new toys and games but can't play them with any family members we don't live with (but i can play them with the 10 other people's children i have in my bubble at work)

Why are we not setting up social bubbles?! People don't care that they can go to primark - they care about seeing loved ones!

• Heart

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the day he drove with visual impairment to the castle, was on his wife’s birthday.....

• Wow
  • Angry

LittleMy

VIP Member
Whether his child has additional needs or not is no excuse. I’m sure I’m not the only parent of a SEN child who believes this and is outraged that he may use it to try to get out of this. Pandemic aside, parents of SEN children all over Britain have been struggling with very little support and just been expected to get on with it. Why is he and his family any different?

• Heart
Reactions: 22

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Remember when the biggest joke in parliament was Theresa running through fields of wheat, Ed Balls getting down and dirty on the dance floor and George Galloway pretending to be a cat? Those were the days 💔

• Haha
Reactions: 21

kadykal95

Chatty Member
I don't see why Dominic Cummings thought doing a press conference was a good idea. He was trying to gain some sympathy (didn't work) and feed his ego.
He made it 100% worse for himself. He's thick as shit if he thought telling us that story will make the public understand his position.

So many WTF moments.
Why if his wife was so ill she was unable to look after her child did he go back to work THAT same day? Potential spread of the virus.
Why if his wife was so ill did she want to be driven 200 miles across the country THAT night?
Why didn't they try to find childcare in London first if they were genuinely that worried about it?
He said they didn't want to put anyone at risk of the virus by asking people in London to look after the child if needed, but it was fine to then drive over 200 miles with symptoms? They could of needed to stop 100 times with a 4 year old, could of been stuck in traffic for hours when his wife was vomiting, could of been in a accident, he could of developed symptoms on the way, the list goes on.
Why was this 17 year old niece the only person he wanted to potentially expose to the virus?
How was his wife able to go to the hospital with the son when she and he had suspected corona virus? A 13 year old boy died alone in hospital, so why was the wife allowed to go?
Barnard Castle story was clearly bullshit. Why didn't his wife drive home if he wasn't able?
They visited on his wife's birthday, say no more.

I think they saw it as an opportunity to get away from London for a few weeks, be closer to the family, hopefully spend some time with them and have a little holiday. All while we were told stay at home at all costs. I don't think he was 'protecting his family' just using his son as a shield. He's a top government adviser who lives in London, worst case scenario someone would of been able to look after his son.

• Heart
Reactions: 20