Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No there isn't but care is essential..you are basiclaly front line...salons aren't. That's my point

Something tells me that Karen's mobile hairdressing down the road won't bother with full PPE but I really hope that most salons do.
As a mobile hairdresser, I can tell you that I won’t be going back to work until I am sure that my clients and I are safe...if I have to stop for a few more months so be it x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That’s the point I’m trying to make; you will never be able to fully social distance as a hairdresser/beauty therapist. But these people will have to start working to make money again eventually or they’ll go out of business, essential or not. PPE might be their only option. Obviously that’s down to personal choice whether they feel safe to go back to work or not, but it’s also a fact. Other than reducing the volume of customers in the salon at any one time and maybe putting up protective barriers between clients, there’s not much else they can do.

Reactions: 12
Feeling bit down aboit it all today.
No idea if want to download the app
Will just not go far and keep taking precautions.
The kids behaviour and lack sleep getting me down.

I still don't understand how track and trace works. How do the NHS know you have been in contact with.
Formal contacts yes billy was at work with bob so that's obvious link it's the casual contacts ie Billy went to Morrisons after work and dident always keep 2 metres away from customers no way identifying and contacting those customers.
Older people won't have smart phones.
If you work in a shop then the colleagues
Buy what about random customers you could not contact them all.
There was peice about ground zero in Scotland yesterday on the news a kilt maker but many others that came into the conference for nike that were not contacted.
Apparently some if the infected nike deligate had tour of the capital city so if they stopped at several places were those employees made contact with.

Another issue that's come to light at Weston closed hospital is the possibly of false negative tests and how many NHS staff had covid 19 but no symptoms.

It also implies trust in people who need get back to work and earn money.
When a no Darlington admits he took train home with covid as no accommodation in London.

Reactions: 6
So apparently the track and trace website has crashed and doctors and nurses are saying they haven't even been given a necessary password to start work. What a mess! 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

They really need to have Cilla Black singing "Surprise,Surprise" as a backing track 😬 :p

Reactions: 3
My local newspaper is saying that the 2m rule may be scrapped in order to get pubs back up and running. Boris is asking the scientists to consider a 1m rule instead!

Reactions: 2
My local newspaper is saying that the 2m rule may be scrapped in order to get pubs back up and running. Boris is asking the scientists to consider a 1m rule instead!
The consider a 1m rule, like science can be negotiated with. Could you ask the virus to limit its spray a bit it’s just we need to get some cash in 🤣

We a royally fucked. My SE grant effect my runs out this week. And so far I cannot go back to work much more that 1 days a week from home. There has been no mention of travel on public transport which is preventing me from going back to work.

• Haha
That could be true it was put to him yesterday ,he said they were looking into it...wonder what they'll announce later 🤔

The consider a 1m rule, like science can be negotiated with. Could you ask the virus to limit its spray a bit it’s just we need to get some cash in 🤣

We a royally fucked. My SE grant effect my runs out this week. And so far I cannot go back to work much more that 1 days a week from home. There has been no mention of travel on public transport which is preventing me from going back to work.
I guess him announcing everyone can go out and get pissed is a good way of getting people to stop talking about the DC situation

This has been brewing for couple of weeks I think. I read an article last week about the potential reduction of 2m to 1m, bringing it in line with other countries (can't remember which ones).
If they are going to change things like this, there needs to be absolute transparency and there isn't at the moment. I think this is contributing to people feeling the government are untrustworthy and not really knowing what bits of info to trust.

I’m very interested in what’s said tonight at the briefing. Normally I watch a few minutes and turn it off. Desperate to know if they will be introducing social bubbles and what the terms of them will be (inside, outside, how many people or will it be done per household)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.