Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rishi said they are going to open the shops in June. :oops: I for one wont be going shopping.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
So the government set out 5 steps which needed to be met in order for restrictions to be eased. They've openly said that they've confidently achieved 3 of the 5 so why are they now talking about reopening shops and pubs? Scares me just how fast they seem to be taking it

Reactions: 10
Where can we find daily breakdowns and trends over time?
NHS England reports. It gives you information per trust, tells you why there is at times a lag in reporting and breaks it down and tells you when they’ve been reported x

Reactions: 2
Thank you to everyone who replied earlier, can’t quote you all because technology isn’t my strong point!

I’m going to go to my Mum’s, we were going to take a picnic on our walk anyway so I’ll just take my lunch round, there’s no need for me to go into the house and we can sit at opposite ends of the garden ☺

I haven’t had my ankle looked at, it’s not bruised or swollen, or sore to touch, I just can’t put any weight on it. I just had to put my bins out and really struggled!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Rishi said they are going to open the shops in June. :oops: I for one wont be going shopping.
Rishi is doing meet and greets at every store ,to get out of the worst recession since records began ..I thought you'd be first in the queue :m

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thank you to everyone who replied earlier, can’t quote you all because technology isn’t my strong point!

I’m going to go to my Mum’s, we were going to take a picnic on our walk anyway so I’ll just take my lunch round, there’s no need for me to go into the house and we can sit at opposite ends of the garden ☺

I haven’t had my ankle looked at, it’s not bruised or swollen, or sore to touch, I just can’t put any weight on it. I just had to put my bins out and really struggled!
About the ankle it might just be a really bruised muscle. I rolled on my foot in the gym about a year ago and honestly it was the worst pain ever I thought I'd broken it it was that bad, I couldn't put any pressue on it at all, couldn't even hold the ice pack to it or rest it on the bed, any pressure was agony but I didn't want to go to A&E cause it wasn't swollen or bruised at all. It literally just looked like my regular old foot. Got an xray and she said I'd bruised the muscle tissue or something. It got better after about 4 days.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
In response to the poll subject I think it’s time to send children back to school. I personally don’t see the point in sending them back in June as it’s so close to the summer holidays so seems a bit pointless but I think they should all be going back by September.
I myself have worked all the way through this pandemic for 40 hours a week in a child care setting that care for primarily children of NHS workers. To this date 3 of our NHS parents have contracted the virus and they’ve all recovered well. There is no such thing as social distancing when you work with children. They still require cuddles, nappy changes, bottle feeds. We as Early Years Practitioners get sneezed on, coughed on sometimes several times a day it’s one of the not so nice parts of the job! However I do hope it reassures some of you that not one single member of staff where I work has contracted the virus (touch wood) for this reason and it’s only my personal opinion I don’t see the harm in sending children back to school.
I see why people say it's pointless.. wait till September.
But for me it really isn't, my daugthers been home since march, the only place she has been is out for walks. It will do her so much good even if it is a few weeks then back off again, we saw her best mate out in the park at the weekend and her mood lifted so much seeing him for those 10 mins at a distance.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Have you gone over on it at all?

So the government set out 5 steps which needed to be met in order for restrictions to be eased. They've openly said that they've confidently achieved 3 of the 5 so why are they now talking about reopening shops and pubs? Scares me just how fast they seem to be taking it
They want the money spending and the economy going again now.

All business will be open I reckon by September, all schools back in September, travel ban will be lifted soon and quarantine period got rid off too.

Then the second wave will hit around November and it will all be our fault for not keeping 2 metres away from a stranger

Reactions: 3
At least the government are being somewhat honest,

no bleeping idea what the future will be like, if there is a vaccine nobody knows how long it will even work for, and it’s likely we may not find one at all.

numbers will probably go up. but who knows If they will 🤷‍♀️
it might get worse, in 3 weeks, 3 months, nobody knows.....

damn it’s been a long year.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Does everyone think they will just push ahead with easing the lockdown, unless something major happens?

Seems like they are trying to say we need to get on with life as we don't know how long a vaccine will take etc

Reactions: 15
I think Boris was too frightened to stand beside Angela so the threw that other guy out in his place 😨

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does everyone think they will just push ahead with easing the lockdown, unless something major happens?

Seems like they are trying to say we need to get on with life as we don't know how long a vaccine will take etc
yes all they care about now is the economy.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.