Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does everyone think they will just push ahead with easing the lockdown, unless something major happens?

Seems like they are trying to say we need to get on with life as we don't know how long a vaccine will take etc
Defiantly, R number rose and despite saying they would increase restrictions they haven't.

They do not want to pay out anymore furlough than they have to but at the same time they want people to keep their jobs to keep them off UC. The SE (me included) have basically been told to go back to work as there is no more money despite possibly being put at risk. There is room in hospitals now, therefore no reason to 'protect the NHS' any longer.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Does anyone know what the R number is currently at please? Are we still between 0.7 and 1?

Reactions: 1
Defiantly, R number rose and despite saying they would increase restrictions they haven't.

They do not want to pay out anymore furlough than they have to but at the same time they want people to keep their jobs to keep them off UC. The SE (me included) have basically been told to go back to work as there is no more money despite possibly being put at risk. There is room in hospitals now, therefore no reason to 'protect the NHS' any longer.
Except people like me, a self employed hairdresser, who cannot go back to work until at least July...who knew self employed people are worth less than employed x

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Except people like me, a self employed hairdresser, who cannot go back to work until at least July...who knew self employed people are worth less than employed x
We always were. People see us as tax dodgers and that we are some how playing the system. I got told on twitter I clearly earnt over £60K but was declaring £25K based on my grant. I can tell you that is not true and my books are honest, and I could claim much more than I do but I have morals.

The grant is based on earning before paying insurance, personal pension, NI. But the furlough is after NI and pension.

I really feel for people in professions like yours, I can do some work from home when things open up but I will be unable to earn anywhere near what I was earning pre lockdown for probably another 3-6 months. They need do something, but my fear is all they will do is to tax us more.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know what the R number is currently at please? Are we still between 0.7 and 1?
The R number reflects where we were three weeks ago, not where we are now. So when we receive an update (in around 2 weeks time) it will reflect what has happened as the measures have been eased.

I think we'll only go back towards full lockdown if the NHS is close to being overwhelmed.

Reactions: 8

I don't think anyone would listen if they went back and said "lockdowns back on" people are over it, and unless they have police patroling and shut more then before it wouldn't work.

Reactions: 2
Seems strange that they've done nothing but bang on the importance of the R number but now it's creeping back up it's no longer worth mentioning
They seem to be backtracking on a lot of stuff .Our R is still 0.7 and at our briefing today they said they'd only tell us once a week what the number is, but expect another lockdown if it begins to rise.They don't seem to be saying that in England anymore ?

They seem to be backtracking on a lot of stuff .Our R is still 0.7 and at our briefing today they said they'd only tell us once a week what the number is, but expect another lockdown if it begins to rise.They don't seem to be saying that in England anymore ?
I get the impression that our government are just over it.

Reactions: 7
Hospital in my City has today mothballed all excess vents and cancelled orders for new vents. Had a 100 bed ICU anyway, 50 beds were allocated for Covid, those 50 beds never got full. They've now reduced the Covid ICU down to 25 beds and they are not full.

People I've been chatting to seem to think that the lockdown was a bit much as they expected more people out and about and more to become ill because they didn't expect everyone to comply. Because the numbers are so low compared to worse case, they think they now want more people to be exposed so that the come the second wave in the Winter, the NHS can still cope

Reactions: 6
C

We always were. People see us as tax dodgers and that we are some how playing the system. I got told on twitter I clearly earnt over £60K but was declaring £25K based on my grant. I can tell you that is not true and my books are honest, and I could claim much more than I do but I have morals.

The grant is based on earning before paying insurance, personal pension, NI. But the furlough is after NI and pension.

I really feel for people in professions like yours, I can do some work from home when things open up but I will be unable to earn anywhere near what I was earning pre lockdown for probably another 3-6 months. They need do something, but my fear is all they will do is to tax us more.
Tried to edit and deleted my first response by mistake .

Does anybody know if we pay vat on the self employed grants ? Which vat code do we use if so ??

Last edited:
Does anyone else work in childcare? I’m currently listening in on a webinar and the woman has said on a couple of Occasions that if you refuse to go back to work HR has advised to start the disciplinary process! If your vulnerable it’s a different case scenario, I have told my work I don’t want to come back just yet as I don’t feel it’s safe enough and my mum is extremely vulnerable and shielding so after hearing that I feel anxious! My boss is calling me in the week to have a chat about a questionnaire she sent us but I’m worried now after hearing this information! I just don’t understand how they could potentially discipline people or take jobs away when people are scared of this or how they’d get new staff in?!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.