Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I hope you’re all well!

I haven’t been on these threads for awhile because I’m not in a great headspace, but I’ve gotten to the point where I’m furious at the pandemic itself. Months ago I was constantly checking statistics, but now I’ve gotten all of that out of my head, I’m so so so angry at the world.

I suffer with depression and it’s heartbreaking that people are dying, however I am so furious with China. Why weren’t flights stopped? I can’t even get my antidepressants from the pharmacy currently because they’re not answering the phone.

I was already annoyed at the world, but this pandemic has just sent my brain into overdrive. I’m angry and upset with every little thing.

My 10 year old great nephew and his parents are getting tested today because he’s seriously ill, yet there’s selfish idiots going to the beach! I am furious with the world and want to scream at someone.
Please let off steam here. This virus is showing a lot of people's true colours and it's not always pleasant.

I hope your nephew and his parents both test negative xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Nicola Sturgeon really puts Boris to shame. Just watched her statement and it was so eloquently put and delivered and thought through. I think more females need to be country leaders! ❤
im not a massive fan of her ordinarily but her broadcasts / statements are clear, precise not loads of waffle and stats/ charts.
they wipe the floor with the daily hour of dithering and waffling from UK Govt!

Reactions: 4
My child ate it 🙈😂 it was one of those boat sundaes in a plastic dish, so not a cone that was touched or anything.
I'm sure it'll be fine I wouldn't have wasted it either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
im not a massive fan of her ordinarily but her broadcasts / statements are clear, precise not loads of waffle and stats/ charts.
they wipe the floor with the daily hour of dithering and waffling from UK Govt!
Tbf I only watch the briefing for the eye candy these days not the facts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s no right answer I feel. I worry that by not sending him back im disadvantaging him against those that do go back and a lot of catch up will be needed for sept but then I worry that sending him back too soon will make him vulnerable (he’s Mildly asthmatic). Ugh the never ending worries of a parent eh! I guess as I have the option of working from home for now I should probably just give it a few weeks and reassess how school gets on in the initial few weeks.
At his age he should be learning through play anyway so i would try not to worry about him falling behind because they aren't setting any work. Although easier said than done i know.
There are lots of free resources out there for the letter sounds and things if you feel he needs it.
I do think it's a shame that some schools wont be providing home learning support for children.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Finally heard from the hospital after 10 weeks. I'm back at oncology on the 3rd July and they've given me permission to have short daily walks. I'm over the moon
Great news!! Those walks will feel amazing I'm sure. And the best time for it too as the weather is so lovely right now! enjoy :love:

I posted something on Facebook about my son's accident the other night that sent us to A&E, I just asked in a group about ways to prevent scarring as it's on his forehead and I got torn apart for taking him to the hospital?!? Apparently because it wasn't a HUGE cut (it is about the length of a 10p coin) I didn't need to take him and risk it.

LOL I've realised I hate people

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Great news!! Those walks will feel amazing I'm sure. And the best time for it too as the weather is so lovely right now! enjoy :love:

I posted something on Facebook about my son's accident the other night that sent us to A&E, I just asked in a group about ways to prevent scarring as it's on his forehead and I got torn apart for taking him to the hospital?!? Apparently because it wasn't a HUGE cut (it is about the length of a 10p coin) I didn't need to take him and risk it.

LOL I've realised I hate people
My son had a 10p cut on his forehead that needed gluing, he still has a thick scar 3 years on. I hate to think what it would look like if we had just left it.

People are total pissworms sometimes!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.