Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not being rude, just curious. Can I ask why your children haven't been out of the house for 10 weeks?
Sorry, they have been outside, just not in public places where there might have been other people. we had suspected COVID19 just before lockdown, since we all recovered we haven’t had any need to leave the house to be honest, we have a garden and a pool so they have had plenty of fresh air and space to ride their bikes. Plus my husband never stopped working so I would have had to take all 4 of them by myself, which is obviously normally completely fine, but most places have been quite busy near us and I couldn’t be sure that they would be able to socially distance from other people. I am fully aware it wasn’t compulsory, but they haven’t asked to go anywhere (other than actual playgrounds, and families houses).

Reactions: 6
Just made the mistakes of counting how many days I've been inside for. 63 days. Hopefully only another 42 to go 😭😭. Losing the will to live today

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Does anybody know what’s going on with weddings? My brother is supposed to be getting married August 1st they’re having 50 at ceremony and 80 at reception, does anyone think/ know if this will go ahead? Even if the government allow it im not sure I will want to be mixing with that many people so soon?

Does anybody know what’s going on with weddings? My brother is supposed to be getting married August 1st they’re having 50 at ceremony and 80 at reception, does anyone think/ know if this will go ahead? Even if the government allow it im not sure I will want to be mixing with that many people so soon?
Think they can still go ahead but with only 10 people

Reactions: 1
In the industry we are all waiting on further advice, it depends completely on moving through to phase 2 and maybe even phase 1. Have they spoken to their venue about holding another date?

I personally don't think registrars will want to do weddings that soon and if they do it will be small weddings of registrar, couple and 2 witnesses. So a ceremony rather than a proper wedding.

However if we are really hopeful and the R rate goes right down and infections get low they may allow gatherings.

At no point sadly has the govt got into advice about how many people is a mass gathering.

Reactions: 1
Just found out Homesense is reopening on Thursday and that is probably the most exciting thing to happen in lockdown. I am in Canada. They are only allowing a limited number of people in the store at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I can't believe they've just added those to the UK symptom list. They were added to Canada's 2 months ago.
Its odd.. i thought they had been added to the NHS 111 pages list of symptoms (sure i saw them on there when checking)...around start of April ..so not quite sure why they're suddenly making a big thing of it now as most people seem to know this already !

Its odd.. i thought they had been added to the NHS 111 pages list of symptoms (sure i saw them on there when checking)...around start of April ..so not quite sure why they're suddenly making a big thing of it now as most people seem to know this already !
I agree! My brother lost his sense of smell and taste and was told they were symptoms. This was April 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I think it was a known symptom but it wouldn’t allow you to get tested if you didn’t have a temperature or cough as well. Now you can.

Reactions: 4
Really nervous to post this because I know I’ll get differing opinions, but just wanted to get some viewpoints before I decide!

I was due to go for a walk tomorrow with my Mum, but I’ve injured my ankle, to the point that I can’t even walk around my house (have taken to crawling/hopping and going down the stairs on my bum), so I’ve got no chance of being able to walk.

I know it’s technically outside of the rules, but in my position, would you go and sit in her garden for a chat? It’s a fairly big garden so plenty of space to spread out, and I could go in through the side gate so I don’t have to go through the house.
Have you been to get your ankle looked at?

I'm past the whole you need to stay in and don't care what people are doing. Too many people are not distancing so it's not worth me getting annoyed.

Keep your distance and don't give hugs and I'm sure you will be fine, as will she.

But do try and get your ankle looked out!

Thought in England you were allowed to sit in gardens? Don’t see the difference if you can access it without going through the house - maybe I’m wrong.. I live in Wales anyway where we’re not allowed to do anything yet so haven’t really been paying that much attention to England’s rules
Neither have most people in England 😂

• Haha
Just wanted to say thank you for all the sweet replies 💗 Was going to quote them but I lost them.

I’m doing okay. Just taking every day as it comes, as I’m sure most of us are! It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one struggling (as awful as that sounds).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No idea, but we have made the decision to decline all 3 summer weddings we were invited to this year.
Felt rude in doing so but we hadn't heard a peep from the bride's/groom's, so i assume they have no clue what is happening themselves. I also felt if we said no and they can only have limited numbers on the day then at least that's 2/4 less people for them to have to uninvite.

What is your gut telling you? If you feel panicky about it could you explain that you'd love to but it just makes you really anxious thinking about it and you'd rather not. Could you facetime one of them while they're together so you could be there but not there in person?
Thank you I know your right it's making me anxious even thinking about it. I wont be going. I just wanted reassurance it wasn't just me being daft really!

Reactions: 5
Hi guys can I ask opinions on this. Im in a group of friends. There all wanting to meet up on soon (social distance) for a chat. Its put me in a panic as everyone has agreed but me. We wouldn't be in contact but I know it still goes against the rules....I dont want to go on that basis but I now I will be put under pressure and probably made to be the boring mate....would you go? Sorry just want to edit to say one friend has been struggling badly with mental health issues and I know this is why it's been organised x
I have a similar situation
A good friend rang me and said did me and husband want to pop over and sit distanced in her garden for a chat.
im fine standing outside peoples houses chatting at end of drive but my gut instinct is saying dont go to this !
she seems keen for us to have a wine and ive said oh no I'll drive over she suggested getting a bus ! 😱 im trying to avoid week night drinking as it was getting bit excessive and its been affecting my digestive health.

im 99% i had the virus in march but although she has barely left the house through fear, she has been having her grandchild who doesnt live there is going over loads and her eldest daughter who lives with her has been distancing in friends gardens.
this is whats worrying me ..!

i think im just gonna suggest a chat on the drive ...

A good friend rang me and said did me and husband want to pop over and sit distanced in her garden for a chat.
im fine standing outside peoples houses chatting at end of drive but my gut instinct is saying dont go to this !
she seems keen for us to have a wine and ive said oh no I'll drive over she suggested getting a bus ! 😱 im trying to avoid week night drinking as it was getting bit excessive and its been affecting my digestive health.

im 99% i had the virus in march but although she has barely left the house through fear, she has been having her grandchild who doesnt live there is going over loads and her eldest daughter who lives with her has been distancing in friends gardens.

Yeah I definitely wouldn’t go especially if there’s wine involved! It’s tit, but I’m just keeping away from everyone although it’s a bit easier for me because I’m hours away from anyone.

Just back from the doctors after getting my depo injection (in Canada). Was straightforward. I went in a few minutes before my appointment. There was hand sanitizer which we had to use and we got asked if we had any symptoms. The receptionist was wearing a mask and there is plexiglass all around the reception desk. The waiting area is big enough that the chairs were spread out. There were three of us waiting, myself and another woman were wearing a mask, and there was a man who wasn't. Got called through to go and see the dr, all the doors were opened for me. The dr came in, he was wearing a mask and gloves and did the injection. He asked if I had anything else I wanted to talk to him about and that was it. Really simple and I didn't feel worried. If he is working there daily and is ok, then I am sure I will be too. Came home, washed hands, took off clothes, and threw those and mask in the laundry bin and got changed. When I am going out, I am no longer taking my phone or handbag, just my driver's license, keys, and bank card so I just disinfect those and the door handles I touched.

Reactions: 7

Ita hard isn't it I feel like people who arent following the rules are sometimes more judgemental of people that are, I agree with the not drinking. I've been overthinking it like what if you needed toilet ( I'm terrible I need a wee every half hour haha) x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.