Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah but that wouldnt work here. Our local national trust is described as a 'leaky property' and you can access the grounds easily without paying. Its still busy now as theres so many ways in. You only really need to pay to go in the house.
I’m trying to work out where this is, purely because I’m from Devon too and I’m nosey as to where you are from!

does it begin with a K?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So, I've discovered this government link. I've tried posting it in the link bit but it didn't work. It also opens as an excel document on my phone which is really hard to navigate.

It's the deaths relating to Covid, by ages, over the last few weeks. In non graph form.

www.ons.gov.uk

The whole 'unlimited travel to a open space' rule is SO SILLY.

Beaches will be rammed in places like Brighton and Devon. It should be an open space within 15/20 miles of your HOME.

If I travelled to my holiday home tmro, how would the govt know I hadnt been there for the last 3 months while this blows over? The concept is so silly. I won't be going anywhere obviously nor will anyone I know. No kids in my immediate or extended family are planning to return to school for the rest of the year either.

Boris, tell your dad not to go between London and his holiday home and maybe the public will also listen.

Reactions: 8
Hahaha. Its top dog walking territory round here so even though people have been told its closed its still busy.
The initial gave it away! We were meant to go there in Feb whilst away in Somerset but they closed the adventure playarea for the weekend and that was the main reason we were going. It was also the weekend where loads of places shut due to awful storms and flooding. Bloody awful weekend. The chalet floor had puddles. If only I'd known then that it was likely the only holiday we'd have this year 😭😂

Reactions: 2
The whole 'unlimited travel to a open space' rule is SO SILLY.

Beaches will be rammed in places like Brighton and Devon. It should be an open space within 15/20 miles of your HOME.
I agree👏

Reactions: 2
That’s so sad.
I have 2 concerts booked October and November. I can’t see It happening. And even if it does I don’t know if I’ll ever feel safe
I have 2 in October that have been rescheduled from March and April. I will definitely be going if they go ahead.

So today has been a crap day as I have been really down and having a self absorbed moment. 🙁. As I know many others do I have depression and anxiety which I can normally manage (medication, humour and counselling). One thing I know about myself is that I can’t cope with uncertainty, and I can take tit news so long as I am given it (iyswim), and I can’t cope with being left dangling. I am technically furlowed (though doing a bit of work anyway from home) and today was my booked and pre-arranged phone call with my employer to say what happens next - ie my start date for work or my furlough being extended. 5 mins before the call, HR ring me to say oh we forgot about you and have double booked ourselves. We might call later if we are done, or it might be tomorrow or later in the week. I was too shocked to reply with anything other than ok 😳. I know they are busy but they know my medical history and this has really upset and annoyed me 🙁. Please excuse this pity party but I needed to get this out

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
So today has been a crap day as I have been really down and having a self absorbed moment. 🙁. As I know many others do I have depression and anxiety which I can normally manage (medication, humour and counselling). One thing I know about myself is that I can’t cope with uncertainty, and I can take tit news so long as I am given it (iyswim), and I can’t cope with being left dangling. I am technically furlowed (though doing a bit of work anyway from home) and today was my booked and pre-arranged phone call with my employer to say what happens next - ie my start date for work or my furlough being extended. 5 mins before the call, HR ring me to say oh we forgot about you and have double booked ourselves. We might call later if we are done, or it might be tomorrow or later in the week. I was too shocked to reply with anything other than ok 😳. I know they are busy but they know my medical history and this has really upset and annoyed me 🙁. Please excuse this pity party but I needed to get this out
That's not good. Can't you contact them and ask that you would like a definite time. Remind them of your anxiety problems. Just do it😕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That's really tit. I feel for you. I hope they will fit you in ASAP.

Reactions: 4
That's not good. Can't you contact them and ask that you would like a definite time. Remind them of your anxiety problems. Just do it😕
I have spoken to my husband (the calm voice of reason 🤣) and I will give it to 2pm tomorrow. If they haven’t called me by then, or told me a time when the call is rearranged to, I am calling them.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.