Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m really sorry if some of this has already been said, I am so bleeping angry. Theyā€™ve opened beach huts where we live! Let me get this straight, Iā€™m allowed to go to the beach, the beach huts, the park, a bench that a ton of people could have coughed over....Iā€™m allowed to go wherever I want. With strangers but I cant see my mum??

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Shanghai Disneyland has opened with tickets selling out within minute's

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Felt very sad tonight when a musician on my Facebook said she doesn't think theatres and concert venues will ever reopen. I know it's going to be a long haul but surely social distancing won't last forever. I hate to think my daughters won't experience live concerts, theatre, even nightclubs.
On the other hand, if they've never had it, they won't miss it!

I've had 2 theatre trips cancelled so far. 1 was for March and that's been changed to May 2021 and the other is this Saturday and that's been changed to 2022.

Reactions: 2
Iā€™m really sorry if some of this has already been said, I am so bleeping angry. Theyā€™ve opened beach huts where we live! Let me get this straight, Iā€™m allowed to go to the beach, the beach huts, the park, a bench that a ton of people could have coughed over....Iā€™m allowed to go wherever I want. With strangers but I cant see my mum??
I dont understand why this is still so hard for people to comprehend (not just aimed at you).
You are not going to hug or kiss a bench.
You're not going to hug or embrace a stranger at the beach.
But you will hug your mum.
Im pretty sure you'd rather walk on a beach alone than potentially infect your mum.
Yes...its tit, but it's not hard to understand the justifications.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
You can see your mum though...
You can see one person 2m apart and outside but you can see her if you wanted to.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Have they released guidelines yet about how far is acceptable travel?
Have googled but search results are bringing up Daily Mail so I'm absolutely not clicking that.

Sadly I can't vote in the thread, I only returned to work YESTERDAY after 4 weeks skiving.:cool:

Today was a really good day, spent all morning making collections all over Surrey and delivering in London.
The rest of the day was fine, Lunch at Pret, however their Baguettes are a little shorter now. Ended up
delivering my last package a few miles from my home, just like Monday. Home at 6PM on the dot and
my Mother was making Lamb Stew in the pressure cooker.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Have googled but search results are bringing up Daily Mail so I'm absolutely not clicking that.
Iā€™m almost certain I read tbere were no restrictions? Or maybe thatā€™s wishful thinking. Not that Iā€™m going anywhere far!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
From BBC.....

People in England are free to drive as far as they like to outdoor open spaces. But they should not travel to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, or stay anywhere else overnight, including at a second home.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I think the official advice is ā€œuse your common senseā€ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Iā€™m tempted to take a leisurely stroll to my nearest Five Guys (will probably take the whole day) and smear a burger in and around my face xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
From BBC.....

People in England are free to drive as far as they like to outdoor open spaces. But they should not travel to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, or stay anywhere else overnight, including at a second home.
Grand, gotta love living in the south west where cases are lowest but about to be pushed up

• Sad
Reactions: 14
No restrictions. Drive where you like but not to holiday homes or 2nd homes or campsites etc. Basically no overnight.

No public loos anywhere though!!

Grand, gotta love living in the south west where cases are lowest but about to be pushed up
Dorset Police tonight all over social media basically saying don't come here!!

Reactions: 9
Iā€™m almost certain I read tbere were no restrictions? Or maybe thatā€™s wishful thinking. Not that Iā€™m going anywhere far!
I heard that too, but I guess technically you canā€™t cross the border out of England.

Reactions: 1
Well there's one good thing, because people can't stay overnight it will be too far for people up north to get there and back in one day after sightseeing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.