Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed. In a world where we can’t control anything at the moment, I can do my best as a parent to protect my kids, so for that reason they’re staying home with me for the foreseeable. No one has a crystal ball, so we will cross September’s bridge when we get to it in august.
Sadly I can't vote in the thread, I only returned to work YESTERDAY after 4 weeks skiving.:cool:

Today was a really good day, spent all morning making collections all over Surrey and delivering in London.
The rest of the day was fine, Lunch at Pret, however their Baguettes are a little shorter now. Ended up
delivering my last package a few miles from my home, just like Monday. Home at 6PM on the dot and
my Mother was making Lamb Stew in the pressure cooker.
Can't stop watching that burp! What with that and coconochanels dancing mushroom I have enough to amuse me for the next few weeks! 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I made it onto our local Facebook neighbourhood page last week because I had a skip delivered. They put it on our drive, no contact was made, he tapped the window to let me know it was on the drive and I responded with an awkward thank you thumbs up gesture. The road was not happy that I was endangering the skip lorry drivers life and that a skip isn't essential.

I've still got my skip and lots of lovely space in it and the same arse who took a pic of the front of my house with the skip and put it on there to slag me off has spent 3.5 hours in the queue for the tip today and is "furious" because they were only accepting garden waste and household waste, not the chest of drawers he was trying to dispose off.

The neighbourly thing would let him use my skip but tough, he can duck off!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
From BBC.....

People in England are free to drive as far as they like to outdoor open spaces. But they should not travel to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, or stay anywhere else overnight, including at a second home.
idk if there are many other welsh people on this thread but any of you rather smug about the english being banned from coming into wales given that for centuries the monarchy have waltzed in like it's their mother's house, destroyed our towns, took our water and threw us in jail for speaking our native language?

I'm over it though I promise 🤭😉

*no offence to the english of this thread... I'm just having a little joke!*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Grand, gotta love living in the south west where cases are lowest but about to be pushed up
Same here detty pig oblivious drinking too much cider listening to the worzels innit.
I'm not feeling like venturing into bath just yet.
Wales why feck would I want to go there they have even higher r rate so does Gloucestershire due to Cheltenham festival.
Due to this I can now avoid all family for 2020 and I have comfort we have hospital at uni conference centre which sounds more appealing that visiting the meads

Reactions: 1
From BBC.....

People in England are free to drive as far as they like to outdoor open spaces. But they should not travel to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, or stay anywhere else overnight, including at a second home.
I wonder if National Trust will try and open the gardens again... Can you imagine what tit show that could be!

Reactions: 5
yeah right, not a lot of that in England, thankfully I have some. (yes I am also a smug bastard)
You mean I can’t invite my whole family over for a bbq and just say I pay them to clean my house?? I thought that *was* using my common sense?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
idk if there are many other welsh people on this thread but any of you rather smug about the english being banned from coming into wales given that for centuries the monarchy have waltzed in like it's their mother's house, destroyed our towns, took our water and threw us in jail for speaking our native language?

Makes me miss the green green grass of home.
Emigrated to England and discovered new lingo and way of life.
Still think skittles is mad and refuse to say slider at the park mind!

• Haha
It's my birthday tomorrow and I fancied a short drive to let the kids run free somewhere open and empty. Hadnt remembered that toilets would be shut, and I'm due in 6 weeks. Hmm.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

My great grandparents were Welsh I'll have you know😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Makes me miss the green green grass of home.
Emigrated to England and discovered new lingo and way of life.
Still think skittles is mad and refuse to say slider at the park mind!
You know what they say, you can leave wales but it doesn't leave you 😉

My great grandparents were Welsh I'll have you know😂😂
My grandmother is scottish so I've got no room to talk really 😂 😂

Can't stop watching that burp! What with that and coconochanels dancing mushroom I have enough to amuse me for the next few weeks! 🤗
That mushroom appeared in some sort of available to use form for me earlier today. I was so excited. I only clocked it at the last minute though and I'd already clicked to change pages. God knows what I'd pressed to make it appear in the first place.

• Haha
  • Heart
You know what they say, you can leave wales but it doesn't leave you 😉
Very true rugby day is challenge with wenglish kids who never experience the horror of eistefodd and dressing up as Welsh lady and doing tit things like miniature garden., playing the eastenders theme tune painfully slow in the keyboard and handwriting competitions.
Climbing the many mountains.
My family still over the bridge and start conversation like ahh did you hear max boyces poooem wasent it lush.
How are you feeling. Poorly baad.
The other day in work I had to translate for Welsh person from valleys as n on one could understand him.
I doubt many South West be rushing to Wales mind!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
They are starting with some from tomorrow
Blimey. I'll just watch that one at a distance for while before attempting it I think (even though the idea is quite appealing). I sort of feel like I need avoid doing anything like that for at least a month while the mad rush is on and then maybe another month whilst all the people who have been delaying for a month go. Then maybe avoid weekends and bank holidays, oh and sunny days. Hmmm National Trust, I'll see you in December 😂

• Heart
I made it onto our local Facebook neighbourhood page last week because I had a skip delivered. They put it on our drive, no contact was made, he tapped the window to let me know it was on the drive and I responded with an awkward thank you thumbs up gesture. The road was not happy that I was endangering the skip lorry drivers life and that a skip isn't essential.

I've still got my skip and lots of lovely space in it and the same arse who took a pic of the front of my house with the skip and put it on there to slag me off has spent 3.5 hours in the queue for the tip today and is "furious" because they were only accepting garden waste and household waste, not the chest of drawers he was trying to dispose off.

At least you’re Facebook famous though, what does he have other than a tit chest of drawers that even the tip doesn’t want? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I've been considering hiring one but have avoided it because of neighbours views. I'm going to get my skip ordered! The mad bastards where I live started queuing for the tip three hours before it opened on re-opening day last week! Facebook went wild. Wild I tell you!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.