Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in a pub and we have a lovely beer garden but they were planning on extending it this month to make more room, there's hardly any tables out there. We could serve food outside if people wanted to, we do already, but that's also weather depending. If we all get to work and it's pissing down, seems a bit pointless. It would possibly work for a few people at a time, but yeah. The regulars are all grumps who would rather sit inside so I can see it being more hassle than it's worth.

I can't see us being able to maintain socially distancing in a pub like mine. I'm just imagining the uproar if we have to turn people away. Alcoholics are fiesty, lol
I think they would have to sit people two tables apart, or bookings only so they can control numbers.

Anyone know the situation with dentist appointments? Half of one of my old fillings has come out :eek: it’s my own fault as I was told it had cracked back in December but never got round to booking in to have it replaced. It’s not causing me pain but it’s awkward to eat on etc. Doubt it counts as an emergency - but I’m so scared if I leave it I’ll loose the tooth!

Anyone know the situation with dentist appointments? Half of one of my old fillings has come out :eek: it’s my own fault as I was told it had cracked back in December but never got round to booking in to have it replaced. It’s not causing me pain but it’s awkward to eat on etc. Doubt it counts as an emergency - but I’m so scared if I leave it I’ll loose the tooth!
Ours said they can't risk drilling or going in someone's mouth unless it's an emergency. My friends cracked his front tooth and he's just got to keep it like that unless it gets infected or whatever 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I'm sure emergency appointments can be made near us.

Iv never been so relived to read that. I hope boris follows & see the potential danger of not doing the same as us. For once listen to Scotland.
I'm crossing my fingers that Boris listens and follows suit. I've genuinely been in a state today seeing all the news reports but this gives me a little bit of hope

Reactions: 5
Waiting until June/July would be by your own choice though right? I’m not deluded but there’s NO way they won’t let you visit close family/friends until July.
I have no idea and nor does anyone else, but at the moment I would imagine that travelling to different parts of the country will be discouraged for a long time to avoid spreading the virus further. I’m not sure if my boyfriend will be able to travel to see me and vice versa, but there is a better chance that friends and family who live locally to each other will be allowed to visit by that time.

Just to add, I work in a children’s hospice and have friends who work in the NHS. It really puts things into perspective, as much as I care about my boyfriend it pales in comparison to what other people are going through during this time. I know everyone values things differently depending on their own circumstances though and that is completely understandable ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've got so much respect for Nicola Sturgeon at the moment, she really is doing things sensibly. Maybe it's a female thing 🤔 The males in Goverment seem to be impatient and thoughtless sods!

Reactions: 27
I'm crossing my fingers that Boris listens and follows suit. I've genuinely been in a state today seeing all the news reports but this gives me a little bit of hope
Iv been worried about him lifting it. I was worried people wouldn't think I was struggling because I was hoping for another 3 weeks. I find it extremely difficult being in lockdown. But I just don't want all the hard word to be undone so quickly. 600+ people still died yesterday. I want to see it a lot lower than that before they think it's okay.

Reactions: 12
Iv been worried about him lifting it. I was worried people wouldn't think I was struggling because I was hoping for another 3 weeks. I find it extremely difficult being in lockdown. But I just don't want all the hard word to be undone so quickly. 600+ people still died yesterday. I want to see it a lot lower than that before they think it's okay.
I feel exactly the same. I'm hating lockdown but I'd rather just do it all in one foul swoop than potentially having a second wave and having to do all this again. The rate of new cases and deaths each day is still too high in my opinion and I'd be much happier with another 3 weeks extension

Reactions: 11
I've got so much respect for Nicola Sturgeon at the moment, she really is doing things sensibly. Maybe it's a female thing 🤔 The males in Goverment seem to be impatient and thoughtless sods!
My papa who is never one to really speak like this says he's grateful to live in Scotland and have a woman speaking for us. He thinks she's more empathetic and caring than Boris.

Reactions: 9
I feel exactly the same. I'm hating lockdown but I'd rather just do it all in one foul swoop than potentially having a second wave and having to do all this again. The rate of new cases and deaths each day is still too high in my opinion and I'd be much happier with another 3 weeks extension
Exactly! Even once this is over with Iv told my family I still want us to behave as lockdown as possible for a couple of weeks just to make sure I don't want anyone dying! They think I'm a bit mad but they got my point

Reactions: 6
Unpopular opinion, I’m actually loving lockdown. I’ve done a lot of house projects, read a lot, gone for nice walks, worked out, cooked more and enjoyed a slower pace for a while. 🙈
BUT god am I looking forward to normal life and full pay!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
was

I work in hospitality where our customers are regular & older. They be wanting to sit outside, they won’t like if we change over to disposable cutlery/cups.
My worry is that there’s two members of staff on proper contracts and the rest of us are 0 hours. When it’s quiet the 0 hours staff are sent home. My worry is when we reopen they will be forced to cut some of the staff down as there won’t be enough work to go round. We rely heavily on coach trips, which I can’t imagine starting again for a while. Even things like the theatre being cancelled here till November will have a massive affect as we only rota an extra two members of staff in for them days because of the trade it brings us.
I think a lot of cut backs will be happening
Yeah I am very worried about my job there as I'm only part time at the moment (I have two jobs). I'm also 0 hours... I imagine I'll be one of the first to be let go.

I think they would have to sit people two tables apart, or bookings only so they can control numbers.
Something like that would be the way to go. Sadly we're a small-ish pub, so our covers would be so low I'm not sure we'd make much money, especially if we can't let the bar fill up like it usually does in the evening (that's where most of the money is made, I think. It's an awkward one.

I don't know how it is for other trusts but any ppe that we have had to be up to standard. Wee had loads of offers but could only accept very few. Things like visors were ok to use but gowns have to adhere to a standard otherwise you might not wear one, though the trust gets round that by saying you just need to wear a plastic apron 🙄. I can't see any other job where people would be happy to wear substandard ppe which could lead to them getting a potentially life threatening disease. People have a choice to risk getting it or not, to take precautions to reduce the risk etc. NHS staff and care workers are not having that choice.

I still think some will be lifted on Monday. Even if they aren’t on Monday, they’ll have a plan to do it soon and give businesses notice on when they can open. I hope so anyway.

I now know 3 nurses (actually know, not just friends of friends!) working with covid patients who have tested positive themselves over the last month. So far none of their families have became unwell (kids or partners)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.