Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I haven't been up to date on these threads for a while but my comment ties in with the poll.

For the first time I AM potentially seeing family over the bank holiday......

My Dad has been in intensive care for a month tomorrow with Covid 19. Today he's finally fully off the ventilator and they phoned my mum to go up and wave at him through the window where he was sat for half hr (he's too weak to sit any longer)

I'm without a car at the moment but told her I'm 100% going with her if she gets another call. Neither of us have seen anyone for weeks (me since lockdown and her since he was admitted). I think that's justified and as safe as it could get 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 46

SarahGard83

VIP Member
A friend of our family died this morning from covid 19 after 5 weeks in ICU. No underlying health conditions and she was only 48.

• Sad
Reactions: 40

grumpycat

VIP Member
My wee old neighbour was out all by herself singing Vera Lynn. I came out and gave her a round of applause because she’s a literal diamond.
We had a socially distanced chat for 20 mins and I asked a lot about the war (she was only 4) and what she remembered. I genuinely love that kind of thing and now my heart is full ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38

grumpycat

VIP Member
For those still abiding by the rules - just know we are doing what we are expected of us and that we aren’t the idiots risking those we love. It’s so hard, and I applaud everyone who is frustrated yet still staying away.

we wouldn’t run back into a burning house after the fire was just put out so this is no different IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
And I don’t care what anyone said, they know this would happen,
They chose not to protect the most vulnerable in society because they drain the NHS.

Happy VE Day, let’s party!!
And fuck the generation that were most effected by WW2 and the aftermath 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 30

xoxo GG

VIP Member
We have a video call with part of my family each week. It basically involves my Grandma asking us all one by one what we’re having for tea that day. Very Royle family.
I’ve been making my Grandma meals whilst we’ve been in lockdown to make sure she’s eating properly, normally she gives me some money towards it all because I grab everything she needs at the same time. She asked me how much she owed me the other day and then told me she was deducting some money off me because she hated the sausage casserole and the pasta bake had the wrong pasta shapes in it for her. 🤣🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Squarehole

VIP Member
I have hit a wall today.

I'm fed up cooking
I'm fed up doing washing
I'm fed up answering inane questions
I'm fed up hearing about Roblox and Star Wars
I'm fed up being entertainment rep
I'm fed up of times tables and nouns and verbs
I'm fed up video chatting
I'm fed up bringing all the toys in from the garden
I'm fed up going for a walk
I'm fed up of having the same bloody conversation with everyone about how your surviving.
I'm fed up of people being morons
And I'm fed up of the sound of my own voice.

I am currently lying in my bed brooding over being completely and utterly Fing fed up.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Gembo

VIP Member
I just told my husband the media are now backtracking and reporting that there’ll be no change to lockdown, he says the media have already done the damage. This whole situations has really highlighted to me how irresponsible the majority of news sites and journalists are and it makes me angry. How on earth is it allowed?

Reactions: 28

Youbelter!

I’ve not posted on here for a while. Just thought I would come on and share that currently where I live it’s been business as usual for a while now. Three of the six houses down our road all meet out back every evening and they say they’re social distancing and invite us out but they’re not! The kids are all playing together/touching each other. They invite us out but being very ill myself (which they know) I politely decline. People genuinely don’t seem to give a shit. Today, on VE Day all the houses joined in along 3 different roads. Only our house and a couple of others didn’t. All sharing food and all children playing together. The whole thing is a joke. I know it’s hard but bloody hell when you look at other countries who are on actual house lockdown with no exercise we just haven’t collectively been able to adhere to the rules even with the luxuries of having a walk etc, I know we are not all like that but honestly shame on the selfish wankers who are doing as they please. Apologies for my rant but the whole thing is a joke from start of this up until now. 🤷‍♀️ They’ve all got off lightly while our NHS can’t even see their partners or children on the most part and they’re putting their lives at risk everyday for us. Am genuinely shocked at the selfish fools celebrating as normal today!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

RachyWoo

VIP Member
I've got so much respect for Nicola Sturgeon at the moment, she really is doing things sensibly. Maybe it's a female thing 🤔 The males in Goverment seem to be impatient and thoughtless sods!

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Feels a bit like everyone thinks there is some magic switch that’s gonna get flicked on Sunday and just switch off corona virus

nbt

VIP Member
We have a video call with part of my family each week. It basically involves my Grandma asking us all one by one what we’re having for tea that day. Very Royle family.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

monga

VIP Member
Would you have taken issue with your father catching a different virus or pneumonia and that being listed as the/ one of the causes of death?
Plenty of people with cancer or other illness which weaken the immune system then die from something else.

If you look at the excess deaths compared to the last 10 years you can see the covid deaths overall are not people who would have died anyway.
My god that's a very personal question especially to someone grieving the loss of their loved one..

• Heart
Reactions: 25

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I wonder if I’m able to visit my parents and my partner visit his... because I really wouldn’t mind sacrificing my visit to the in-laws 👀🤭

• Haha
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It’s very hard to extend something
that ended over a week ago 😕

the police in forced rules when they needed to, when the NHS was struggling/predicted to struggle.

now it’s managing they’ll continue to let people mingle,

the horrifying reality behind all of all of this (in both the U.K. and the ROI) is this virus was allowed to run rampage through nursing homes and care facilities.
This isn’t a conspiracy theory it’s just a fact, nobody protected the people who rely on the state because they didn’t want to.
It wasn’t overlooked, they just didn’t care.
I had two “funerals” yesterday for neighbours in their 90’s who were in homes,

yes they were approaching 90+,
yes it’s a “good age” to go at.

But both hadn’t seen their families in two months.
Both had all their faculties so knew what was happening,
Their homes (separate homes) have been wiped out. 😏

• Sad
  • Heart

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I honestly believe that the government wanted us all to go out this weekend to see what happens with the numbers over the next couple of weeks.
If they cared Boris would have been out insisting we all stayed at home but nope... he dropped hints about relaxing the lockdown and then hid away.

• Wow
Reactions: 24

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Is it me or has this virus turned us into curtain twitching, neighbour hating, over eating, Boris bashing, banana bread baking, NHS clapping alcoholics orrrr is that just me?

Jokes, I love my neighbours.

• Haha

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
watching news this morning..they are talking about quarantining passengers coming in on flight to UKfor 14 days! erm talk about closing stable door after horse has bolted....we should have been doing this about 3 months ago 🙄

• Haha