Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously nobody knows anything official but i am in a long distance relationship and we haven't seen each other in 9 weeks, and everyone is saying social distancing is going to last until a vaccine but im confused how we'd see each other because its a long way to drive to just sit 2 meters apart and not be able to stay. Im beginning to find lockdown increasingly hard and being unable to see him really hard, but I know why we have to I just dont think I can not see him indefiantly

Reactions: 8
OMG we have had the same argument that went along the lines of all I want is an hour to myself , I’m working from home plus home schooling two kids 😂 I had to take a long breathe before answering - men are so selfish !!!!!
I know right!!!! I was like what do you think I want! I said we’re all in the same boat and yes it’s not nice but we’ve just got to get on with it.

Obviously nobody knows anything official but i am in a long distance relationship and we haven't seen each other in 9 weeks, and everyone is saying social distancing is going to last until a vaccine but im confused how we'd see each other because its a long way to drive to just sit 2 meters apart and not be able to stay. Im beginning to find lockdown increasingly hard and being unable to see him really hard, but I know why we have to I just dont think I can not see him indefiantly
I think there are suggestions at some point you can meet up with a small amount of people so you can include him in your people. I think the social distancing lasting until a vaccine is generally in shops and restaurants etc

Reactions: 1
I know right!!!! I was like what do you think I want! I said we’re all in the same boat and yes it’s not nice but we’ve just got to get on with it.

I think there are suggestions at some point you can meet up with a small amount of people so you can include him in your people. I think the social distancing lasting until a vaccine is generally in shops and restaurants etc
Oh phew!! I have been quite stressed about it but thats a bit of a relief - hopefully Boris will be a bit more clear tonight 🤞🤞

Reactions: 3
Oh phew!! I have been quite stressed about it but thats a bit of a relief - hopefully Boris will be a bit more clear tonight 🤞🤞
I’m not expecting much to change tonight but it would be really nice to see a plan. I understand if the r number changes too much they’ll have to alter it but some idea of when things will change. If we have a goal to work to it makes it easier. If I knew for example mid June I could meet up with family then I can see the end in sight.

Reactions: 6
I’m not expecting much to change tonight but it would be really nice to see a plan. I understand if the r number changes too much they’ll have to alter it but some idea of when things will change. If we have a goal to work to it makes it easier. If I knew for example mid June I could meet up with family then I can see the end in sight.
Oh yeah I'm the same - not expecting to see him for a little while more but would be nice to have a time frame to work towards

LOL, us clients barely have to do anything. It's the staff that have to run around doing that.

Call when we arrive outside which is not much different than what I've had to do to pick up dog food, go to the dr, etc.

Sanitize my hands which I already have to do going into a store.

And wear a mask, which I am already doing.

Nothing new.

They're still having to pay for electricity and rent when closed. My salon charges $300+ for a cut and colour so if they open and are doing 15 clients a day (max allowed in at one time or less than 50% capacity, whichever is smaller ) then that is already $4500, which is an extra $31,000 a week. They won't survive if they stay closed, curbside pickup of products won't keep them open.

Businesses have to reopen at some point and that is why the public and staff have to make an effort to properly sanitize and wear masks.

Mind you, Canada has 67,000 cases and uk has 215,000. And Canada has 4 700 deaths and UK has 31, 587 so it will be harder for the UK to open things without a negative impact. In our province our cases are getting lower, today only 59 new cases and the population is 4.5 million. We are hoping it stays low but we are also testing everyone which the UK isn't doing.
How big is this salon? Considering how far the droplets in a cough travel, I'm not sure i would be keen to be locked in room with 29 other people. Although of course it would depend on the salon size and layout.

I hope they dont put any dates to the plans. I feel like that is a recipe for disaster, Im assuming this will be a rise and fall thing for the rest of the year, with things opening and closing, following the rate of R.
If you put dates to things, people will mentally work towards them, if that date is then not possible, i imagine an uproar from the public and huge pressure from them to stick to the plan.

Last edited:
Thats the plan we're going for in regards to masks now. Gonna have to get used to it! I'm planning to make one but I know that'll be a fail lol - Ive started getting little sisters to wear it around the house and get used to not taking it off as practice for when we do go out next.

Noticed a change in the kids that still come in to school, alot of them are very paranoid now and jerk away from sneezes, coughs etc. Constant complaints about being 'dirty' and quite sad sometimes, a lot of tantrums from usually very docile kids. Made me wonder if anyone has noticed a change in their kids at home?
My 6 year old is really irritable, stomping up stairs, slamming doors which isn't like her at all. Usually my 8 year old is doing that but she's happier and sleeping better (until 6.30/7 instead of 4.30/5.30)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
How big is this salon? Considering how far the droplets in a cough travel, I'm not sure i would be keen to be locked in room with 29 other people. Although of course it would depend on the salon size and layout.

I hope they dont put any dates to the plans. I feel like that is a recipe for disaster, Im assuming this will be a rise and fall thing for the rest of the year, with things opening and closing, following the rate of R.
If you put dates to things, people will mentally work towards them, if that date is then not possible, i imagine an uproar from the public and huge pressure from them to stick to the plan.
Imo they need to put dates to things. Pretty much every other country has put working dates to their stages and made it clear the dates are an estimate and if they virus spread changes then the dates will be too. “Pubs will only open on 10 Aug if you behave, if you can’t follow the rules you will be grounded again”.
I think people need to know if the next phases are weeks or months, plus people need to be able to plan.

Reactions: 10
Imo they need to put dates to things. Pretty much every other country has put working dates to their stages and made it clear the dates are an estimate and if they virus spread changes then the dates will be too. “Pubs will only open on 10 Aug if you behave, if you can’t follow the rules you will be grounded again”.
I think people need to know if the next phases are weeks or months, plus people need to be able to plan.
But i dont see how that's possible personally, how can they tell now that something will be ok to do months down the line.
I know a lot of people on here have mentioned wanting to know a date so they can work towards it, how would they feel if that date was then moved, again and again?
And the British people arent like those in other countries, you only have to look at Friday for an example of that.

But i dont see how that's possible personally, how can they tell now that something will be ok to do months down the line.
I know a lot of people on here have mentioned wanting to know a date so they can work towards it, how would they feel if that date was then moved, again and again?
And the British people arent like those in other countries, you only have to look at Friday for an example of that.
I still believe that if boris had been more visible and heading up these daily conferences reiterating the same thing - ie no gatherings. No small parties etc then more people may have listened

Reactions: 6
Business need to plan, workers need to plan. People need to know if their workplace is closed for 3 weeks or 6 months and how they are going to pay their bills. If you work in a gym and are currently furloughed is their any chance of it reopening this year? Should you be making a career change?
They will have already made forecasts for the next few months, a plan with provisional dates will have already been made in order for them to be making any predictions and it’s patronising to not share it with the public.
People have been complaining about those flouting the lockdown rules since the lockdown began but the reality is the absolute vast majority have followed the rules. This is proven by the low R in the community and the huge decline in transport. Some people breaking the rules doesn’t seem like a good enough reason to keep the full exit strategy from the public.

Reactions: 12
Noticed a change in the kids that still come in to school, alot of them are very paranoid now and jerk away from sneezes, coughs etc. Constant complaints about being 'dirty' and quite sad sometimes, a lot of tantrums from usually very docile kids. Made me wonder if anyone has noticed a change in their kids at home?
Slightly different situation for us as myself and my 4 year old are shielding, and I'm working from home. I've noticed child has become a lot more quick to tantrum and whine, a lot clingier, started having accidents again (toilet trained since age 2) not sleeping as well. Child has also become a lot more aware to my emotions, asking me if I've been crying etc. Child has also become very fearful of death, and repeatedly asks if myself or (insert family member) is going to die because of the virus.

• Sad
So i was rushed to hospital in an ambulance tonight. Currently in a room on my own on a drip. Not covid related, had the worst migraine I’ve ever had, which says a lot.

Anyway I have had some chest tightness for a while and what I think is a fever but they’ve brushed that off entirely and have said I’m fine. They offered me a mask but I said no and they didn’t push, despite my symptoms. Odd.

I’m hindsight I should have had one 😬
I hope you are ok... I've woken up this morning with the worse migraine. My vision has gone funny too 😭

• Sad
Slightly different situation for us as myself and my 4 year old are shielding, and I'm working from home. I've noticed child has become a lot more quick to tantrum and whine, a lot clingier, started having accidents again (toilet trained since age 2) not sleeping as well. Child has also become a lot more aware to my emotions, asking me if I've been crying etc. Child has also become very fearful of death, and repeatedly asks if myself or (insert family member) is going to die because of the virus.
my 2.5yo is much more emotional too. so am I, if I’m honest. I’m sleeping tit, he’s waking up much too early. He doesn’t understand what’s going on, so I’m lucky in that respect, but then we have upset about not seeing his great grandparents and he doesn’t get why. I’ve realised his time at preschool has been great and he’s clearly missing communication with similar age groups but he can’t quite communicate it.

It’s just bloody HARD isn’t it? I feel like each day I have to let something slide to make things work. I go to bed wanting to be a better parent and not be short tempered or shouty.
I tell myself that this is not normal. We are supposed to have breaks, and freedom to do as we like so we are honestly doing our best we can. It’s ok to feel tit and it’s ok to say it’s hard and we’re all desperate for help.
Here’s hoping today’s update outlines things a little clearer for us all.

• Heart
  • Sad
This thread is the only thing that’s made me feel like I’m not the only one who’s lost it.. anyone else’s employer f’ked up the furlough application so you haven’t received a penny 🙃🙃🙃
I thought your employer was supposed to pay you and then they claim it back from HMRC?
I could be wrong, but I’m sure that’s how it works.

Reactions: 2
This thread is the only thing that’s made me feel like I’m not the only one who’s lost it.. anyone else’s employer f’ked up the furlough application so you haven’t received a penny 🙃🙃🙃
have they got an accountant who has claimed on their behalf or have they done it themselves? If you are able to, maybe compromise and see if they’ll pay you and advance if they are happy to so you aren’t in financial hardship.
We have paid all our employees and claimed money back but obviously not every business has cash flow to do so 😔

my 2.5yo is much more emotional too. so am I, if I’m honest. I’m sleeping tit, he’s waking up much too early. He doesn’t understand what’s going on, so I’m lucky in that respect, but then we have upset about not seeing his great grandparents and he doesn’t get why. I’ve realised his time at preschool has been great and he’s clearly missing communication with similar age groups but he can’t quite communicate it.

It’s just bloody HARD isn’t it? I feel like each day I have to let something slide to make things work. I go to bed wanting to be a better parent and not be short tempered or shouty.
I tell myself that this is not normal. We are supposed to have breaks, and freedom to do as we like so we are honestly doing our best we can. It’s ok to feel tit and it’s ok to say it’s hard and we’re all desperate for help.
Here’s hoping today’s update outlines things a little clearer for us all.
I'm sure you're doing an amazing job ❤ we've just got to do the best we can, even if our best that day is just okay

I try to tell myself that if I'm struggling with things, it's perfectly normal for child to be struggling too ❤ we will get through this

• Heart

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.