Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair most people “offer” things like that for the publicity. Dyson comes to mind!! Ventilators and PPE needs to be made to a certain safety standard and pass tests before the UK can use it in hospitals. You can’t have just anyone churning out face masks that haven’t passed any safety tests. Dyson offered to supply the gov with ventilators but their own design which hasn’t passed the health and safety procedures yet so obviously the government couldn’t actually take them up on it, not that they didn’t want to.
Our factory in work has switched to some PPE production but it’s very slow for factories to switch production to something totally different.
Given the experience I've had with Dyson hoovers, the idea of being hooked up to one of their vents was not one that filled me with confidence

I'm not talking about Dyson etc I'm talking about genuine company's that do this for a living .There is a company where I am that makes ventilators and they said the UK government placed no orders despite being approached on numerous occasions they shipped them over seas in the end..
Yep a few companies ended up supplying other countries because they got fed up of waiting for orders

Reactions: 10
I have enjoyed parts of lockdown, slow weekends doing DIY and bits we usually wouldn’t.
But I also feel mentally about to burst, I’ve had my toddler with me 24/7 since March minus a half hour break to work out. The need for a few hours child free is real!
I've enjoyed Lockdown, I stayed working up to the Easter Holidays, it was great riding around a ghost town and being able to work without any stress at all. After Easter I stayed home for my Easter Holiday, due to lack of work I stayed home another 3 weeks. This past week I've been doing some work in the Garden because our Gardener isn't available for some reason.

Reactions: 7
I've enjoyed Lockdown, I stayed working up to the Easter Holidays, it was great riding around a ghost town and being able to work without any stress at all. After Easter I stayed home for my Easter Holiday, due to lack of work I stayed home another 3 weeks. This past week I've been doing some work in the Garden because our Gardener isn't available for some reason.
its funny how Much it all varies for each person. I’ve been working full time with my toddler attached like Velcro so finding things particularly hard atm! All swings and roundabouts isn’t it

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I have enjoyed parts of lockdown, slow weekends doing DIY and bits we usually wouldn’t.
But I also feel mentally about to burst, I’ve had my toddler with me 24/7 since March minus a half hour break to work out. The need for a few hours child free is real!
I can imagine! I'm sure you're ready for a child free break 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Thankfully this newstory is TRUE, I checked Pret's website.

So that makes over 100 Prets open now, at least when I go back to work I will more chances of getting my morning Flat White and more chances of having a piss at the same time.

I don't know what to believe anymore. Too much speculation floating around. Wish Sunday would just hurry up so we can know one way or another

Reactions: 8
I don't know what to believe anymore. Too much speculation floating around. Wish Sunday would just hurry up so we can know one way or another
Me either seeing people on IG who have found cafes that are opening up & looking for nail techs because lockdown is over when it's not. Like a previous poster said. The media have already done the damage putting it out there that it'll be lifted. I was greatful for 3 week reviews but I wish they had just said this is it until we tell you otherwise.

Reactions: 5
Way too much. We need clarity and I feel like we haven’t been given it. IMO Boris should be there daily. He is the leader after all. Be a leader and tell us what the hell we can and can’t do. Treat us all like idiots so the idiots can understand.

Way too much. We need clarity and I feel like we haven’t been given it. IMO Boris should be there daily. He is the leader after all. Be a leader and tell us what the hell we can and can’t do. Treat us all like idiots so the idiots can understand.
I know right? Where is Boris? It's like he just can't be arsed with it. We need to see him and know that he is taking charge of this situation. I was hoping for some sort of announcement tonight regarding lockdown but looks like it's all being done on Sunday

Reactions: 6
I know right? Where is Boris? It's like he just can't be arsed with it. We need to see him and know that he is taking charge of this situation. I was hoping for some sort of announcement tonight regarding lockdown but looks like it's all being done on Sunday
Maybe they'll say something on it today they must have picked up on the public concern by now surely..

Maybe they'll say something on it today they must have picked up on the public concern by now surely..
You'd hope so. We are being told that businesses will open back up, we can extend our social bubbles, we can have days out and picnics and lockdown is easing.

Then we are told lockdown is extended for another 3 weeks and to continue following that until we are told different on Sunday.

You'd think after seeing the headlines this morning they have to address it somehow before Sunday. People are worried and rightly so.

I walked out of a local shop earlier. Parents had basically left kids running wild playing in the toy aisle and crawling round the floor playing with toys whilst they did their shopping in other aisles. 3/4 adults together being let in together, was like everyone’s completely forgotten.

• Angry
  • Wow
I walked out of a local shop earlier. Parents had basically left kids running wild playing in the toy aisle and crawling round the floor playing with toys whilst they did their shopping in other aisles. 3/4 adults together being let in together, was like everyone’s completely forgotten.
I haven’t been in a shop since 20th March (my brother has dropped me food shopping to the door) as I’m a single parent and the stress of trying to keep my 4yo close to my trolly and not running off is hard enough at the best of times let alone in lockdown so this situation would push me over the edge. If you don’t have to bring your kids to the shop why would you?! At a push all drive to the shop but one adult go in and the rest sit in the car. I despair.

So are they extending it today then just telling us the plan Sunday? And maybe some small things will apply from Monday? I have no idea what is going on anymore ha...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I haven’t been in a shop since 20th March (my brother has dropped me food shopping to the door) as I’m a single parent and the stress of trying to keep my 4yo close to my trolly and not running off is hard enough at the best of times let alone in lockdown so this situation would push me over the edge. If you don’t have to bring your kids to the shop why would you?! At a push all drive to the shop but one adult go in and the rest sit in the car. I despair.
Ah I understand it’s hard to keep them close. But these lot looked like they’d had deliberately left them in the toy section to keep them out their way whilst they got on with their shopping. I was gobsmacked. Was at least 6-8 kids running around without a parent in sight

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
So are they extending it today then just telling us the plan Sunday? And maybe some small things will apply from Monday? I have no idea what is going on anymore ha...
don’t think any of us know if we’re coming or going, upside down or the right side up either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.