Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm honestly really worried about this social bubble thing. If only one household can meet one other household its going to cause so much grief
Surely people can understand it is better than nothing and we can't go from like two months of lockdown to meeting anyone and everyone straight away?

Reactions: 8
All these different reports from various media outlets is more damaging than anything else. I sobbed this morning when I read that if we were to believe the news then my husband would be back at work on Monday. I've stayed shielded for 8 weeks so it would just undo all the weeks. While I know he needs to go back eventually it just feels way too soon given his line of work and the fact he can't safety work at a 2m distance
I stopped reading the news weeks ago. I watch the briefing every day and that’s it. The news is so conflicting it causes more damage than good in my opinion.

Reactions: 16
Exactly. We have no income other than stat maternity pay. We cant get any benefits. My dad has lent us some money but we will have to pay him back ultimately. And even though we are on our arses, I still know people are worse off than us. People have no money to borrow. We’ve also lost a lot of money due to cancelled wedding. It’s ok for people not wanting to go back to work but some don’t realise their companies could go bust and no work to even return to.
You should be entitled to universal credit? Child element (like the old child tax credits), housing if you rent. Speak to the council about council tax support. I'm on the old style benefits so don't know much about UC. My mum's been transferred to dwp to set up claims but hasn't had her training yet.

I'm honestly really worried about this social bubble thing. If only one household can meet one other household its going to cause so much grief
I agree. I want to see my boyfriend but also my mum and my son wants to see his dad (although he lives 90 miles away so not so easy to do that).

Reactions: 2
We've decided if that is actually the proposal we won't see either cos it will cause a row with my mother in law if she's not priority
I wouldn't chose either. I'm dying to see my parents but how can I prioritise them over my mother in law? I just can't and wont

Reactions: 4
If I choose my Mom then my sisters will so that's my 78 year old mom exposed to two families (other sister has to shield for nephew) and we are all working as key workers.

If I choose my sister and she choose my mom then it's opening up a line to pass it on.

Choose my in laws and my family members could pick me

I wish they would say what their intention is and that's to try and get it to spread a bit more rather than protecting people!

Reactions: 3
I don't think anyone on here has said they don't want to go back to work, just that they want to do so safely and in a way that protects those that are most vulnerable.

I'm sorry you can't get benefits. That's really. Doesn't sound right though given you only get stat mat pay, a family with a baby living on stat mat pay isn't doable. Have you spoken with citizens advice bureau or appealed the decision? I don't know much about UC but hopefully someone on here will know more.
Whilst I have loved being at home, I want to go back to work but I do not feel safe enough to travel into London. I would give anything to go back to normal tomorrow if it was safe enough. I’ve had a lovely time with my family but I need adult company, work and routine!

We’re lucky that we only have one family to pick, we don’t see my husbands family at the best of times!

Reactions: 4
If we can only see family members outside our home, it wouldn't be worth it for us - my parents are a 4 hour drive and we don't have a car to go there. My in laws are closer but not by much, plus mother in law is pretty much housebound. Think we'd just have to stick to facetime and skype.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if I’m able to visit my parents and my partner visit his... because I really wouldn’t mind sacrificing my visit to the in-laws 👀🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It's heartbreaking. I really fear for the future of the NHS, we will lose years of experience. If the virus doesn't kill people I think the mental health toll will see many leave the NHS. I know people want to be positive and I want to too but there is a real human cost to all of this. No one signs up to care for people expecting to risk their lives. I have friends who haven't seen their children in 7 weeks because they are terrified of passing on the virus. I have freinda who are carers for the most vulnerable who are buying their own ppe to protect both those they care for and themselves. It's totally messed up yet all people seem to get passionate about it that their local macdonalds isn't on the list of those open in. I need to come off Facebook.
Health is your wealth always ! rich or poor we're all the same 6ft under ...I have elderly relatives in a care home so I see first hand the work that goes on in that setting even without the virus the staff are FANTASTIC ..I don't get to see them now obviously but I'm in phone contact regularly and some of the staff like your say have moved out from family to keep both residents and their own families safe ..But to expect people to go to a front line place of work without the right health and safety measures in place is an abomination .The government should be called up on all their failings and if they lift these measures too soon in favour of the economy it's going to be catastrophic not only for the NHS but people in general..

Reactions: 10
Has the person who made that decision actually met a child? 😂
My child wont be able to self distance if her life depends on it. Shes only in year 1. She said she cant wait to see her friends and teacher to "squeeze their heads off" with the biggest hugs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It's all about money now, they want the economy moving rather than keeping people at home. The papers printed fear mongering in the beginning as we all know fear means easier to control.

Now they want the economy moving they are printing the exit plans and headlines to get people moving.

I'm wondering now if it will happen, especially with this story the sun have printed. Wil anyone stay at home if Boris extends lockdown ON Sunday following this?

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Think I must be the only one missing her mother in law. We've always got along and we meet up for lunch once a week and she's my theatre buddy.

Reactions: 10
My child wont be able to self distance if her life depends on it. Shes only in year 1. She said she cant wait to see her friends and teacher to "squeeze their heads off" with the biggest hugs.
My nephew wants to squeeze me till my bottom pops 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.