Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a question! Please don’t be negative etc. as I am not being selfish etc I’m just genuinely worried. I haven’t (like a lot of others) seen my boyfriend in weeks and I’m wondering when everyone thinks it’ll be allowed for me to go and visit him? He lives with his dad about a 20 min drive from me and I am currently living at home with my parents. I don’t even care for pubs/clubs/meeting friends at the moment I just want to see him. My family (grandparents etc) are also all in London therefore I wouldn’t be able to see any of them. Any comforting opinions welcome - I’m from the UK btw. 💞

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I have had another text from the NHS today telling me to shield until the end of June. Although this is an awfully long time away still, that isn’t my first concern. My first concern is having to tell my employer that it’s not safe for me to return until 1st July at least. If anyone has been following my posts about them previously then you will be well aware that they have not handled the coronavirus situation at all well previously. I can imagine that they will make shielding as difficult for me as possible. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I read up about how the schools in Denmark went back. They had a lot of children stay off, through parental choice. Staggered the start and finish of the days by 15 minutes, one parent was allowed to walk the child to within 2 metres of the school door and leave them there. Same with pick up. (This would never work for the younger primary years and nursery settings)
They have shortened the school day so that the children dont fatigue from the social distancing measures.
Tables set out so they are apart and not facing one another. Primary school is also holding lessons in the secondary part as they are all on one campus over there. Lots of outdoor lessons.
All primary children have to take their own equipment (scissors/pens/pencils) to stop the risk of spread through sharing.
Hand cleaning happens 8 times across the day. Everyone has to stay apart. They have adapted sports so they are non contact. No breakfast or after school clubs, staggered dinnertimes across the school and less break times.
But what works for one country and year group won't work for another.
Parents here wouldnt cope with a shorter school day for one, as although school is not childcare, many parents have no choice but to use it as such.
This is really interesting, thank you for sharing.

Reactions: 1
I've no idea how I quote from the previous thread, been here for over a year and still don't know 😂 But @monga And @JoeBloggs
Exactly, it's just to test if you currently have it. I'd be surprised if they get an appointment.
They’re now testing care home workers even if they don’t have symptoms.

I don't think anyone said there would be big changes, Boris just said something might start as early as Monday.
I don't see it being much more than going out for more exercise under the same conditions as right now and maybe more of the things that didn't need to close in the first place reopening now they have sorted their health and safety procedures.

Anything else reopening needs more time to know what the restrictions will be, how many people can be in the space, what new rules they need to follow for their staff and sort out new opening times/rotas etc. I can't see anything that is forced to close right now reopening on Monday.
Yes I'm not getting my hopes up again, my little bit of hope has been dashed these last few days thanks to Mc Donalds and Ikea. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
I have a question! Please don’t be negative etc. as I am not being selfish etc I’m just genuinely worried. I haven’t (like a lot of others) seen my boyfriend in weeks and I’m wondering when everyone thinks it’ll be allowed for me to go and visit him? He lives with his dad about a 20 min drive from me and I am currently living at home with my parents. I don’t even care for pubs/clubs/meeting friends at the moment I just want to see him. My family (grandparents etc) are also all in London therefore I wouldn’t be able to see any of them. Any comforting opinions welcome - I’m from the UK btw. 💞
I live in Kent and my boyfriend lives in London, we moved back in with our parents to save for a house together so we’re quite used to being apart. I haven’t seen him since the end of February and I doubt we’ll see each other until June/July at the earliest. If it helps I definitely think that absence makes the heart grow fonder (I know it’s an old saying but still true!)

Reactions: 4
To be honest I’ll just be glad to see my parents and to sit in there garden, they have a large garden so will be easy to social distance. Would be great just to go over and have a cuppa. They live a 40 min drive away and at the moment I’ve been doing shopping for them approx every 3 weeks but have been dropping it on their doorstep and waving through the window. Would be nice to have a drink with them 😊

Reactions: 11
3ADDE935-DFE6-4ADE-A976-0241098891B1.jpeg

I’m interested to see the new poll, and if people will be honest about what they’d do!
But the results from the last one before lockdown adjustments this weekend.

Reactions: 6
The Daily Mail has produced several different articles about how the lockdown will be eased. If the source of information is anywhere other than the government, whether it’s from a newspaper, social media or your friend who apparently knows someone, then it just cannot be taken as fact.

You would think people have realised this by now after a month of fake news doing the rounds on social media but I guess not! I know everyone is desperate to hear what the plan is going forward but spreading misinformation does not help anyone ❤
I don't take a blind bit of notice with Covid news from the newspapers, it's mostly complete bullshit and scaremongering, the BBC is the only source I take notice of but even the BBC have to be taken with a pinch of salt at times.

Reactions: 7
This talk of pubs opening if people sit outside is all well and good but what about when you need a wee and you're all using the same toilets.

Reactions: 12
This talk of pubs opening if people sit outside is all well and good but what about when you need a wee and you're all using the same toilets.
As someone who worked for 12yrs at a hotel with a huge public garden this is my worry. Also, people when out and about don't give a tit about guidelines.

Reactions: 6
I had the same thought about schools 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.