Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I’ve been trying for days now to get paper hand towels in our office rather than normal towels. I wasn’t getting anywhere as the office manager is big on the environment and didn’t want to buy them. I’ve finally succeeded. Senior management have intervened. Let’s hope we are making the switch before we have all caught it from the nasty towels we have all been sharing!

Reactions: 10

Cocod28

Does anyone have a holiday planned over Easter to France or Spain? How do you feel about going ? We are going on a coach holiday to Disney

We did. I’ll readily admit I have been following Coronavirus story for weeks and have done my husbands head in with talk about it. I bought supplies ready to self isolate 2 weeks ago. We were due to go to France for a week in the Easter holidays followed by 2 days in Disney. My husband is the most laid back man ever but when I told him I wanted to cancel this morning he agreed. I was amazed as I thought he’d accuse me of hysterics! My reasoning is that the area we are going to have introduced restrictions, our employers wouldn’t be too impressed if we had to self isolate on our return and more than anything, we have quite a lot of elderly relatives so didn’t want to pass anything on. We’ve been very lucky though and have managed to postpone our bookings until the end of the year or next year so whilst we thought we were going to be massively out of pocket, it’s not been too bad. Horses for courses. For us, we’ve definitely made the right decision. Hopefully we’ll be able to visit later on in the year but right now I want to be close to home as I think cases are going to explode. I hope I’m wrong.

emm

VIP Member
This may be a different point of view but I want to be infected with coronavirus as soon possible. I’m young and healthy. I have a strong immune system and don’t want to diminish my quality of life by self isolation or other restrictive measures.
if you are in the UK they are looking for volunteers to be infected to help find a vaccine..they paynabout 3000 in think

• Wow

Cf123

I'm so confused how the country can go into lockdown....I'm a care worker and look after a man that needs 24 hour care. So how on earth could me and my colleagues all isolate ourselves.....who will support our client to get out of bed, personal care, cook and feed him? Surely alot of jobs are critical and must be done!? I'm type 1 diabetic too and the more I read this thread the more worried I become 😥

• Sad

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I think Bozza definitely needs to up the communications game. Apart from “wash your hands” (which he also didn’t make clear) nobody is quite sure how to deal with this.
You are absolutely right - the uncertainty of what to do is causing the hysteria like panic buying. If the government take a firm stand as lead, everyone (more or less!!) will know what to do, what is happening, and feel more in control.

Schnoodle123

Oh my work the whole of Italy is in lockdown for a month!

What in the world?! I’ve never known anything like it and I must admit I’m getting quite concerned!

Spinidge

VIP Member
Italy is ranked the second most healthy country in the world. The UK is the eighteenth. We need to go into the delay phase asap.

• Wow

Sp20191

VIP Member
I have had a cough for months. I get paranoid in public that people might think I have it.
I’ve only just got rid of a cough I’ve had on and off since Xmas 🙈🙈🙈

I’m sat on the train and just had a major coughing fit, so much so that I had tears streaming down my face. I’m not ill I just shoved a sweet in my mouth and it went down the wrong way. No one wants to sit by me now 😂😂😂
That’s one way to get a seat 😂😂

• Haha

Chronically_knackered

Completely agree with this. We needed Calpol and paracetamol (were genuinely out but thought I'd get to be on the safe side) found them at the village pharmacy. I've also seen families asking people to consider ordering Chinese take-out as restaurants and takeaways are suffering. People are so ignorant.

My dad went to china town in London a couple of weeks ago with my brother to celebrate their birthdays. The restaurant they always go to usually has queues out the door but when they went they were seated immediately and the place was half empty 😕
My husband also does deliveries for a local Chinese takeaway but he hasn’t been needed for the last couple of weeks because they haven’t had enough orders to be able to pay him.

• Sad

Orange Creme

VIP Member
I'm shocked to hear posters saying that kids have returned from Italy and aren't self isolating ☹ if my child returned from Italy I'd bloody well isolate them to protect the vulnerable around us if anything.

Heart disease kills.....
The flu kills.....
People die from.....

Shut up.
People who keep spouting this shit even now need those masks so we don’t have to hear them anymore.

There’s a difference between being calm and trying to manage people’s anxiety and being thick.

Happy Monday folks,
wash your hands 😂🤣
🚾 💦 🧼 🖐 🤚
I can’t believe people are still saying this, someone on my Facebook posted the statistic picture this morning.... I just wanted to facepalm them.

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
You are making me question whether I should stay away from my parents now. It’s so hard because they keep going out! To church and to the shops! My dad even went to the gym today! He’s got a pacemaker and he goes this special gym that helps his condition. But I keep telling them not to go out and they don’t listen. I really am at a loss what to do! Me and my partner work on the airlines and so I’m worried about going round to them, but at the same time I feel they aren’t being cautious enough themselves. I feel so helpless
Just do what is best for you. I've learned the hard way with aging parents that they will do what they want. They can be very defensive when confronted with health concerns and have a very dismissive attitude even if the suggestion is coming from an adult child that is only concerned about their wellbeing. You just have to accept that they will not actually listen to you.

I called my mother this morning and discussed coronavirus with her. She seemed very well informed. When I suggested that she stock up on non perishable food items she seemed surprised I was suggesting that and listed everything in her fridge, freezer and pantry. I basically said that she is at risk, you cannot trust other people's hygiene, and to just stock up on a few extras to minimize how often she needs to go to the shops. She said she would go today. This is all I can do, gently express my concerns, make suggestions, and just accept that I have no control over what she actually does.

• Heart

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
I don't know how I get on some of these email lists! This has a splattering of real advice (get lots of rest and stay hydrated) along with bullshit about some herbs and deepening your connection with god to reduce your risk.

A good diet will probably help your immunity, but boring old carrots and swede in a stu are probably just as effective as supplements. Then it talks about 5G :rolleyes: pasting in case anyone else finds it worth a read with a healthy dose of scepticism!
I thought my nan had been sending you emails. According to her if you keep a pot of lentils stewing, add a lot of garlic, ginger and turmeric and use vinegar, strong vinegar for cleaning...you will reduce your chances.

Yes, probably because with the garlic and vinegar fumes...nobody will come near you, reducing your chances! 😂

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I do agree that it is frightening because it’s unknown and there isn’t a vaccine currently but I’m referring to the mass-media coverage and hysteria amongst perfectly healthy people who would most likely recover from it without any issues.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, I’m just not a fan of the mass panic, the constant media updates and the stock piling etc. I’m perfectly healthy, I had swine flu in 2009 and as much as I want to protect the elderly and vulnerable I’m not worried or panicking - just more irritated by other people’s behaviour 😂
and I totally get that, I get trying to manage the hysteria, I go onto Twitter and feel a bit overwhelmed by what I’m reading (mostly pissed off but when I’m not pissed off, slightly overwhelmed 😂)

but you can’t randomly quote stats about another illness to make your point more valid. This is what’s annoying me about social media,
nobody seems to be playing with facts.
The hysterical are throwing toilet rolls at each other and screaming were all going to die because the government are covering up hundreds of cases and deaths.
the other side are saying they had an illness EXACTLY like the corona in 2010 and sure, they’re fine,
and how many people died from a fallen tree in 2019 and there was no fuss around it.

I just need less crazy, and less extreme, we all need less crazy 😂
and a few more toilet rolls. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
I’ve really been trying to stay calm about Coronavirus, not easy with my anxiety, but with how much it’s being said that Ireland is likely to go the way of Italy, seeing them go on full lockdown I’m really panicking. That Ireland is basically saying ‘ah we’ll only do something when it gets worse’.
Thinking more of my vulnerable family members than myself because realistically I know I’ll be fine but that’s not my worry.
I just feel so helpless honestly really scared.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Viewer1901

VIP Member
Just found this! Gives you a hand washing poster to any song you type in! It’s kept me occupied for a few minutes - might be a light relief to stick a few in your offices!

• Heart
  • Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
I don’t get why they will only test people who have come back from certain countries. If these people have been in the community before they were tested, surely many other people may of become infected? There must be so many more people who have the illness but won’t be tested because they haven’t been in any contact with someone known!
Someone on a bus, in a school or supermarket may have the virus and you would never know if you have actually been in contact with them!
If you were into conspiracies you might think it's a tactic to massage the figures :whistle:

The situation isn't surprising, the attitude that the government should bail people out is surprising. We pay way too little tax in this country - but many want welfare measures as if we're a Nordic country with huge taxes.
I agree with you on that. There’s a complete disconnect between taxation and expectation in this country and I suppose people are getting what they voted for.
I’d happily pay more tax if it was spent in the right places, to ensure a security blanket for all but I accept I’m probably in the minority there....but will leave it at that so not to derail.

I’m mortgage- free, work from home & will receive full pay if I’m sick, so I’m lucky. It doesn’t stop me from empathising with others who are not in the same position though.