Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just text my friend and said is it ok to tell your child to f**k off and go to sleep 😂 he came down 4 times in half an hour for random stuff and I just wanted to say I love you but bugger off! 😂
Yes it is fine. I've told mine to duck off tonight. Under my breath, shes only 10 months. Refused an afternoon nap then decided she was too tired to go to sleep at 5.45 🙈
Anyway she was fast on by 5.50. The under the breath "duck off" worked.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes it is fine. I've told mine to duck off tonight. Under my breath, shes only 10 months. Refused an afternoon nap then decided she was too tired to go to sleep at 5.45 🙈
Anyway she was fast on by 5.50. The under the breath "duck off" worked.
😂 my youngest is 5 weeks so I feel he’s too young for duck off even if it is under my breath but my 8 and 4 year old they get sworn at a lot under my breath 😂 I did have to go in once he was settled and cuddle him to make up for the under the breath duck off

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What happens if you refuse to send you kid back to school?
will you face a fine?

Reactions: 4
confused as to why you’re “leaving it here” 🙄
March - May?!
clearly testing has improved since then?

Not a Piers fan by any means but anyone with symptoms can now request a test, not comparable to the situation when his first tweet was posted back in March.
snap 🤣😂

I wondered this. They can’t really do that because if yours shielding you don’t really have A choice
its gonna be hard to know how they’ll handle it, I suppose there will be some allowances given to those who are required to shield,

I don’t this any schools should be back before September tbh.

Reactions: 6
Watching news at 10 and the interesting suggestion of localised flexing of restrictions which seems a good idea. Why should all of the UK have to re-lockdown if there is a spike in say, Bedfordshire?

Reactions: 4
Watching news at 10 and the interesting suggestion of localised flexing of restrictions which seems a good idea. Why should all of the UK have to re-lockdown if there is a spike in say, Bedfordshire?
Became the spike can easily move elsewhere. People who aren’t in lockdown travel for work or leisure every day. Lots of people commute for close to an hour every day. Different levels of restriction based on area cannot work to contain the spread.
Before there is a known spike in Bedfordshire for example those people have already travelled to X, who’ve met people who have travelled to Y, who have met with problem who have travelled to Z. All this is before the spike is known so once there is a peak in one location locking that specific area down doesn’t do much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
😂 my youngest is 5 weeks so I feel he’s too young for duck off even if it is under my breath but my 8 and 4 year old they get sworn at a lot under my breath 😂 I did have to go in once he was settled and cuddle him to make up for the under the breath duck off
My 5 year olds an absolute dream. I cant complain about her.
But my baby has been a pain ever since she arrived in my uterus. Luckily shes the most funny and cuddly baby I've ever come across. But omg shes a pest.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
March - May?!

snap 🤣😂

its gonna be hard to know how they’ll handle it, I suppose there will be some allowances given to those who are required to shield,

In my head (which is a weird place) I think they’ll have important year groups back for a bit and maybe then just each other year group back for the odd day as a sort of transition to prep them for September.

Reactions: 2
I think the problem is that places like dubai etc have dropped restrictions and hairdressers and beauty etc all can trade with PPE.
Yeh I get that. People seem to basing far too much on what other countries are doing which is ridiculous really because we have had it far worse than a lot of, actually most other countries.

Sure we can trade with PPE but as someone mentioned it’s far from ideal. I always wear masks and gloves anyway because I’m dealing with broken skin and I’ve certainly caught the odd cold from clients in the past.

Reactions: 1
I wondered this. They can’t really do that because if yours shielding you don’t really have A choice
No the head of Ofsted has said shielding parents will be unlikely to be fined as it's a health and safety measure .She was on Sky news earlier...

Reactions: 8
But my baby has been a pain ever since she arrived in my uterus. Luckily shes the most funny and cuddly baby I've ever come across. But omg shes a pest.
Love this kind of honesty 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My son has adhd and when at school he’s so difficult, I guess it’s the stress of school and letting loose at home. My daughter is lovely and gets on really well at school well guess who the pain is in lockdown 😂 my son has had very few meltdowns, plays his guitar most of the day, learned all his songs for his lessons off by heart, my daughter though is being a nightmare! I’ve also got a 5 week old who in fairness to him is as good as you can expect a five week old to be so I can’t really complain. My daughter just needs school I think.

Reactions: 7
March - May?!

snap 🤣😂

Piers being a hypocrite as usual. That’s the only point I was making.

Reactions: 3
Piers being a hypocrite as usual. That’s the only point I was making.
I dislike him a lot. You can make your point and argue back with somebody without cutting them off constantly and generally being an arse. Andrew Marr manages it 😂
But I appreciate he wasn’t being a hypocrite here because of the time difference

Reactions: 2
Became the spike can easily move elsewhere. People who aren’t in lockdown travel for work or leisure every day. Lots of people commute for close to an hour every day. Different levels of restriction based on area cannot work to contain the spread.
Before there is a known spike in Bedfordshire for example those people have already travelled to X, who’ve met people who have travelled to Y, who have met with problem who have travelled to Z. All this is before the spike is known so once there is a peak in one location locking that specific area down doesn’t do much.
So is it not science guiding this decision then?

Unless they mean doing lockdowns by region so to cover those anomalies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.