Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s just occurred to me how hard it will be for people with impaired hearing, or people who lip read.

if everyone is wearing masks it’s just gonna add to that difficulty

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
No the head of Ofsted has said shielding parents will be unlikely to be fined as it's a health and safety measure .She was on Sky news earlier...
I'd like to know what would happen to staff who are shielding
Don't think schools will be back for a while yet ! they'll have to figure out how to social distance pupils first...
Really hope not. Had anyone seen how they're doing it abroad?

Primary schools with kids who are too young to understand about social distancing or stop their urges to play tig/get close to their friends

And secondary schools with 1500 teenagers who think they are invincible/don't listen to staff when walking around school during lesson changeover in corridors on a good day !!

Will we see half of classes in morning and the other half in the afternoon in primary?

In secondary could it be one year group per day?

Even then it would be 250-300 kids in some schools....

Any thoughts or anybody in the know?!

Reactions: 2
It’s just occurred to me how hard it will be for people with impaired hearing, or people who lip read.

if everyone is wearing masks it’s just gonna add to that difficulty
My friend has a hearing impairment and it’s going to be really tough. There has been very little awareness raised about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My neighbour's teenager has had two different mates round in two days! :mad:
it’s easy to blame the teenager (not necessarily saying you are) but why are the parents who should certainly know better allowing that. And that goes for parents of both parties; where does the parents of the visitors think they are going?

Reactions: 7
First post on this thread but been reading non stop since the beginning.
Hello all ♥
I just needed to ask a question which no one will know the answer to but it’s spinning me out.
So this app they are going to release which alerts you if you’ve been near covid and to self isolate, so if on the 1st of June john gets the text.John Isolates for 7 days, 14 for the family. Then John goes to ASDA after the 7 days to do the shop, he gets another text so what he self isolates again?? And the family have to stay in for another 14 days? Humour me... have I lost my mind? Or is this what could happen? Xx

Reactions: 8
I thought it was at the headteachers discretion as to whether you were fined? As in whether they report you. I'm a special needs TA and our school literally never fine anyone (small rural school). Mine arent going back til September, regardless of rules. I would love nothing more than to ship them off lol, but with a newborn arriving sometime in june/july I wont be risking it. So technically I wouldnt come under the shielding category as I have no underlying health conditions.

Reactions: 1
I'd like to know what would happen to staff who are shielding

Really hope not. Had anyone seen how they're doing it abroad?

Primary schools with kids who are too young to understand about social distancing or stop their urges to play tig/get close to their friends

And secondary schools with 1500 teenagers who think they are invincible/don't listen to staff when walking around school during lesson changeover in corridors on a good day !!

Will we see half of classes in morning and the other half in the afternoon in primary?

In secondary could it be one year group per day?

Even then it would be 250-300 kids in some schools....

Any thoughts or anybody in the know?!
Don't think they know themselves ! if anyone here knows their in the wrong job😂.....They'll most likely watch and see how the rest of Europe get on when their schools return shortly...

No the head of Ofsted has said shielding parents will be unlikely to be fined as it's a health and safety measure .She was on Sky news earlier...
If the child/ren have received letters to shield from the govt, I'm assuming parents should be allowed to shield with child/ren also? And any siblings should be allowed off school?
I'm bloody glad I'm not working in govt, all these questions would do my nut in!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hello all ♥
I just needed to ask a question which no one will know the answer to but it’s spinning me out.
So this app they are going to release which alerts you if you’ve been near covid and to self isolate, so if on the 1st of June john gets the text.John Isolates for 7 days, 14 for the family. Then John goes to ASDA after the 7 days to do the shop, he gets another text so what he self isolates again?? And the family have to stay in for another 14 days? Humour me... have I lost my mind? Or is this what could happen? Xx
Hey, welcome 😁

So i beleive it only alerts you if you have been in contact with them for a significant time. I would assume that means within 2metres for say over 5 mins rather than everyone who has been in the same asda. Not 100% sure though.

Reactions: 3
Hello all ♥
Really good question, hopefully someone more intelligent than I can shed some input

it’s easy to blame the teenager (not necessarily saying you are) but why are the parents who should certainly know better allowing that. And that goes for parents of both parties; where does the parents of the visitors think they are going?
I agree its down to the parents to stop it. Then again some teenagers do what they want regardless of what the parent says.

Reactions: 3
Hey, welcome 😁

So i beleive it only alerts you if you have been in contact with them for a significant time. I would assume that means within 2metres for say over 5 mins rather than everyone who has been in the same asda. Not 100% sure though.
Thank you ♥ I just have visions of people going back to work then constantly having the text come through. My mind is in overdrive tonight knowing thursday is looming 😫😫 xx

Reactions: 4
If the child/ren have received letters to shield from the govt, I'm assuming parents should be allowed to shield with child/ren also? And any siblings should be allowed off school?
I'm bloody glad I'm not working in govt, all these questions would do my nut in!
Me too 😂

• Haha
Thank you ♥ I just have visions of people going back to work then constantly having the text come through. My mind is in overdrive tonight knowing thursday is looming 😫😫 xx
Hopefully they will give us a bit more info soon! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello all ♥
Been on and off these threads but I was having a similar conversation with my husband earlier. I've been on maternity and was due back earlier in the week but have been furloughed till end of May - obviously fully aware of all that was going on but having been in my own little bubble already and out of the loop with work and commuting I had barely got my head around going back to work itself let alone in these circumstances. I can't compute how it will work in the office, and the app even less so!

I agree its down to the parents to stop it. Then again some teenagers do what they want regardless of what the parent says.
Get you out the back with the pot and the wooden spoon and and start banging! they'll just say I'm not listening to that racket and head on home 😂 even throw in a song or two (we'll meet again is sure to work)they'll be away like a rocket 🚀 trust me!:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Get you out the back with the pot and the wooden spoon and and start banging! they'll just say I'm not listening to that racket and head on home 😂 even throw in a song or two (we'll meet again is sure to work)they'll be away like a rocket 🚀 trust me!:LOL:
Maybe I could sing 'over the rainbow' believe it or not Im a worse singer then Amanda Holden. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.