Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, welcome 😁

So i beleive it only alerts you if you have been in contact with them for a significant time. I would assume that means within 2metres for say over 5 mins rather than everyone who has been in the same asda. Not 100% sure though.
Is it done via location on mobile phone apps?! Or are people expected to tell the app who they've even in contact with?

Where is everyone getting the figures for the number of deaths in their town? The only article i can find is the sun but that seems incredibly inaccurate. Im in the South West and it is saying 1 confirmed death for my town, i know at least 4 people who passed with it and had it on their death certificates, which affected the funerals for family members (some being my best friends)

As for kids going back, one of my childrens teachers is sheilding with her child because of a condition he has. Then i know there are around a dozen other members of staff at the school also sheilding either because of their own health or a family members. It's a relatively small primary school, so it would not be able to safely function with a dozen less staff. Sheilding is not up until the end of June, so going back to school after May half term doesnt seem feesible.
I wont be sending mine if i think it's too early and if fines are on the cards i will just deregister them and home educate them for the forseeable.
And in my opinion, which is obviously not backed by the science 🤣 June is way too early!
Secondary aged going back part time, so they can be spread out and only the years that have exams next year should be the priority.

One of my siblings was furloughed on Friday for 3 weeks, another is 6 weeks in to hers come Tuesday and she has been told it will be extended for a further 3 weeks. So i think that's wishful thinking on your sisters part.
I'm dreading when my other half goes back to work, no date yet, he's furloughed until the end of May, but I've loved having him around so much......I wonder how many couples can say that 😂
i wish my husband wasn’t at work, the only time he was off this whole time was when we had suspected COVID19 and he still worked from home (before lockdown was announced) while I tried to entertain the kids away from him. I was gutted when he went back and am currently trying to convince him to book some annual leave to stay home 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone, I’m new to this thread so hope you don’t mind me jumping in! I can relate to the people that are feeling down about their appearance as I’ve gained so much weight since lockdown. I was doing really well on a diet before all this and now I’ve probably gained more than I lost!

I’m also struggling with my anxiety. I’ll be fine and then all of a sudden I’ll get intrusive thoughts pop into my head. I panic about my partner dying even though he only leaves the house to walk the dog. I do all the shopping and disinfect every item when I get home. We have both been furloughed so we’re as safe as we can possibly be, but I’m still so worried.

Xx

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I thought it was at the headteachers discretion as to whether you were fined? As in whether they report you. I'm a special needs TA and our school literally never fine anyone (small rural school). Mine arent going back til September, regardless of rules. I would love nothing more than to ship them off lol, but with a newborn arriving sometime in june/july I wont be risking it. So technically I wouldnt come under the shielding category as I have no underlying health conditions.
We were same. Newborn in March, I pulled my kids before lockdown. Not technically shielding but I classed us as needing to for the first few weeks. I have been to chemist since and took a trip to the coop this week where nobody social distanced, the shop assistant announced he had corona and then asked me if I’d lost weight .... yeah I’ve had a baby!!!! So I won’t be bothering again!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Sorry that should have read he had had corona.. he was clear now.... however you don’t know who he’s been working with who might be incubating it. So I ran as fast as I could!

I hurt my back last week and now I’m getting a burning pain in the right hand side of my back. Husband is trying to make me phone the docs, I don’t want to go araghh 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sky news are saying boris will announce lockdown exit plan on sunday 🤔 part of me think that doesnt mean extension he will start easing it from monday. Hmmm

He did say last week that they would be drawing up a plan and working out how to get people back in work and schools back. I don’t think they will be extending but I don’t think it’ll be lifted as such, just some key parts of society.

Reactions: 4
He did say last week that they would be drawing up a plan and working out how to get people back in work and schools back. I don’t think they will be extending but I don’t think it’ll be lifted as such, just some key parts of society.
I thought it was expected to be announced on thursday. Seems to me like they dont want to announce it on thursday as its bank holiday weekend and people would go crazy and start going out. 🤔
But yes i agree wont be lifted as such but will be relaxed. Which is surprising as i was expecting extension on thursday alongside a long term
Plan

Reactions: 10
Sky news are saying boris will announce lockdown exit plan on sunday 🤔 part of me think that doesnt mean extension he will start easing it from monday. Hmmm

I think there will be an extension with plans to exit for key services ie medical etc. I honestly don’t see schools and pubs opening this side of the summer due to numbers. But people are reaching the end of their patience with lockdown and not understanding it’s what happened two weeks ago that’s effecting numbers.

I think we could be given some dates for things to be relaxed, which may be a few weeks off yet but I think a plan might be laid out. I don’t think he can just say extend it for another few weeks after clearly saying he’ll be giving us something and talking about return to work and education. It’ll be a long wait until Thursday or Sunday or whenever it’s announced since the media can’t decide again😬😂

Reactions: 6
I think we could be given some dates for things to be relaxed, which may be a few weeks off yet but I think a plan might be laid out. I don’t think he can just say extend it for another few weeks after clearly saying he’ll be giving us something and talking about return to work and education. It’ll be a long wait until Thursday or Sunday or whenever it’s announced since the media can’t decide again😬😂

Yes just surprised by the sunday date as everyone was adamant it’d be thursday as thats when it last got reviewed.

Reactions: 3
Yes just surprised by the sunday date as everyone was adamant it’d be thursday as thats when it last got reviewed.
I think they know if they even hint at a lift before bank holiday weekend they are asking for trouble. Though I think people will breach it regardless.

Reactions: 7
I think they know if they even hint at a lift before bank holiday weekend they are asking for trouble. Though I think people will breach it regardless.
People will breach it knowing that they’ve hinted at some loosening of restrictions in the coming days so they’ll think there’s no harm in going out a day or two early. I hope the weather is horrible all bank holiday to put people off!

Reactions: 7
I thought it was at the headteachers discretion as to whether you were fined? As in whether they report you. I'm a special needs TA and our school literally never fine anyone (small rural school). Mine arent going back til September, regardless of rules. I would love nothing more than to ship them off lol, but with a newborn arriving sometime in june/july I wont be risking it. So technically I wouldnt come under the shielding category as I have no underlying health conditions.
It's the local council that imposes the fine, not the school. But the school have the report it as an unauthorised absence.

So both myself and my husband are employed by local government and are working from home, with children at home. We both work in economic development, me on major projects investment/jobs.

Post key worker announcement (which I assumed I wasn’t on it originally, and we can work from home) I was considered business critical as part of future economic recovery. I was given a key worker letter if I needed to access my building to get files. The entire workforce has been given access to COVID testing now. Are we all technically key workers now?

Thinking ahead *if* the schools reopen further next month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.