Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happens if you refuse to send you kid back to school?
will you face a fine?
Will be interesting to see, I wonder if you will be asked to de register if you don’t send them. I can’t see they will provide online learning support if they are able to attend school.

Reactions: 3
So is it not science guiding this decision then?

Unless they mean doing lockdowns by region so to cover those anomalies?
What? There are no anomalies. I explained why regional lockdowns don’t work. By the time there is a peak in one area it is already too late, locking down that region doesn’t contain the spread as it’s already too late for it to only be in that area.

Reactions: 5
😂😂 not sure if you’ve seen breeders on sky (comedy type programme with Martin freeman) but your statement reminded me of it

‘I absolutely would kill for my children, of course I would - but categorically sometimes I would also kill them 😂)
A friend reminded me recently of my advice to her when she had her first baby (I had 3 of my own at that point). "The urge to kiss them to death will be matched only by a genuine desire (at some point) to throw them out of the nearest window." I was quite shocked that I ever said that to a first-time Mum...eek...but strangely she said that although she was horrified at the time, months later she was reminded of it, and comforted, when he daughter had colic and had pretty much cried solid for what felt like days.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How much warning are we likely to get when the restrictions are going to be lifted?

I’ll want to see my boyfriend ASAP when we get the chance, but I’m gonna need some time to look remotely presentable before I want him to get anywhere near me 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Will be interesting to see, I wonder if you will be asked to de register if you don’t send them. I can’t see they will provide online learning support if they are able to attend school.
Shielding parents will be unlikely to be fined as it's a health and safety issue ..I'd say if a child is at high risk it would be the same..

Reactions: 4
A friend reminded me recently of my advice to her when she had her first baby (I had 3 of my own at that point). "The urge to kiss them to death will be matched only by a genuine desire (at some point) to throw them out of the nearest window." I was quite shocked that I ever said that to a first-time Mum...eek...but strangely she said that although she was horrified at the time, months later she was reminded of it, and comforted, when he daughter had colic and had pretty much cried solid for what felt like days.
It’s so true! Sometimes you think I could quite happily lock you outside right now (disclaimer never done it!)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Shielding parents will be unlikely to be fined as it's a health and safety issue ..I'd say if a child is at high risk it would be the same..
That would make sense, no one should be penalised. I just question whether there will be the levels of staff to teach and do home learning for the ones not there.

Reactions: 1
How much warning are we likely to get when the restrictions are going to be lifted?

I’ll want to see my boyfriend ASAP when we get the chance, but I’m gonna need some time to look remotely presentable before I want him to get anywhere near me 😂😂
He will be so pleased to see you it won’t matter!

• Heart
One positive to lockdown - Sunday night fear is not a thing!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Not a Piers fan by any means but anyone with symptoms can now request a test, not really comparable to the situation when his first tweet was posted back in March.
I thought it was just keyworkers and their families ATM that can have a test?

I'm not shielding and my children are not high risk. But I really don't want them going back too soon. I'm so scared that I will face massive fines because of this.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
That would make sense, no one should be penalised. I just question whether there will be the levels of staff to teach and do home learning for the ones not there.
I think they said just home schooling like we have.. but they might put tutors in place although that would be a big ask..They'll put something together I'm sure when the time comes..

Reactions: 2
I’ve just text my friend and said is it ok to tell your child to f**k off and go to sleep 😂 he came down 4 times in half an hour for random stuff and I just wanted to say I love you but bugger off! 😂
Ha yes! Imagine this x5. One after the other whilst I'm trying to watch the finale of Homeland. Just. Bog. Off. All. Of. You.

😂😂 not sure if you’ve seen breeders on sky (comedy type programme with Martin freeman) but your statement reminded me of it

‘I absolutely would kill for my children, of course I would - but categorically sometimes I would also kill them 😂)
This sounds like it could be really funny but I'm allergic to Martin Freeman. Not sure why but he irritates the tit out of me. Ruined Hitchhikers. It could have been amazing. It's not even that I think he can't act. His face just drives me to pure rage. 🤷‍♀️. I'm aware it's an over the top reaction though 😬

• Haha
I'm not shielding and my children are not high risk. But I really don't want them going back too soon. I'm so scared that I will face massive fines because of this.
Don't think schools will be back for a while yet ! they'll have to figure out how to social distance pupils first...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Don't think schools will be back for a while yet ! they'll have to figure out how to social distance pupils first...
My youngest daughter has stuck to me like Velcro for the last few weeks. There’s no way she’s leaving a cm between anyone, let alone 2 metres. I guess schools may try and muddle through for the few weeks they are back before end of term and then long summer hols. In my head it will be September before mine go back.

My son has adhd and when at school he’s so difficult, I guess it’s the stress of school and letting loose at home. My daughter is lovely and gets on really well at school well guess who the pain is in lockdown 😂 my son has had very few meltdowns, plays his guitar most of the day, learned all his songs for his lessons off by heart, my daughter though is being a nightmare! I’ve also got a 5 week old who in fairness to him is as good as you can expect a five week old to be so I can’t really complain. My daughter just needs school I think.
Ahhh yes, the coke bottle effect. I know it well!
I've found things have improved a bit without the stress of school but meltdowns are still a plenty. We do have some lovely sibling bonding pattern going on though (yey). The middle ASD/ADHD has copied all the eldestest (also ASD/ADHD) rude language and in turn he is passing it to the youngest (ASD diagnosis pending). It's so awful. I feel like I need to shout from the roof tops that I have two others that don't swear or punch holes in walls so I'm not a terrible parent.

• Sad
Ahhh yes, the coke bottle effect. I know it well!
I've found things have improved a bit without the stress of school but meltdowns are still a plenty. We do have some lovely sibling bonding pattern going on though (yey). The middle ASD/ADHD has copied all the eldestest (also ASD/ADHD) rude language and in turn he is passing it to the youngest (ASD diagnosis pending). It's so awful. I feel like I need to shout from the roof tops that I have two others that don't swear or punch holes in walls so I'm not a terrible parent.
I take my hat off to you with five children. You are a hero in my eyes!

• Haha
It’s so true! Sometimes you think I could quite happily lock you outside right now (disclaimer never done it!)
Ha! I accidently locked of mine out earlier. Genuinely didn't realise he was out there until I looked out of the window ten minutes later. He was most put out but weirdly hadn't knocked on the patio door to alert me to my error 😂

I take my hat off to you with five children. You are a hero in my eyes!
Thanks! I find my heroes over on the Radford thread. Lots of them with more than me. The crazy people!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.