Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After lockdown do you think our emergency and doctors will be full of time wasters again or will all this make people think twice about going? My friend said the a&e was actually used for actual emergencies for a change

Reactions: 7
I think that for the most part people will revert to type in the space of a few weeks (in every aspect of their lives).

After lockdown do you think our emergency and doctors will be full of time wasters again or will all this make people think twice about going? My friend said the a&e was actually used for actual emergencies for a change

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
try and go outside if it's safe for you to do so, because life is so different now and I think everyone should be prepared and know what they need to do. After the first few times the shock fear goes away and it is just normal. Take care lovely xx

Edit.. It's actually quicker and less stressful getting around the shop because you haven't got Gladys and Mable blocking your way in the cheese aisle discussing their hols in Skeg Vegas. 🙄😂😌
Haha!
Ive been isolating for 3 weeks of lockdown because I was ill and now I’ve got a cough. I’ve not been to a shop at all, h has been doing all of that. I wanted to try and minimise the exposure to my dd because I’m with her nearly 24/7. I’ve gone for walks as a last resort - before this I wasn’t hugely anxious. I didn’t really like change and I used to get a bit anxious before travel (holidays etc - airports are stress haha) but not like this. I wasn’t ever frightened of going out or getting ill.

I honestly just want out of this bloody bedroom. I’ve even given up watching TV, it’s so mind numbing. Reminds me of when I had to spend a week in hospital after having my firstborn (em/cs). I felt so isolated back then and was not in a good headspace at all. Not a situation I ever wanted to relive but this is close. I’ve felt quite depressed by it all today and it’s only been a week. Another week to go. 😑

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I think, sadly, the time wasters will return. Ive a doc friend and he was saying it's already starting to get busier, compared to the previous few weeks. Fear will gradually lessen and people will start trotting there for nonsense reasons!

Reactions: 4
See, this worries me as I'm a single parent and shielding. So what am I meant to do? (rhetorical, not actually expecting you to have the answer),
Keep your child off. I know other parents who plan to if schools go back. Worse case scenario they'll be a fine similar to I'd you take them on holiday in term time - can't see any councils actually following through with fines during a pandemic though

Haha!
Ive been isolating for 3 weeks of lockdown because I was ill and now I’ve got a cough. I’ve not been to a shop at all, h has been doing all of that. I wanted to try and minimise the exposure to my dd because I’m with her nearly 24/7. I’ve gone for walks as a last resort - before this I wasn’t hugely anxious. I didn’t really like change and I used to get a bit anxious before travel (holidays etc - airports are stress haha) but not like this. I wasn’t ever frightened of going out or getting ill.
I know this is a terribly scary time for us all, I am an anxious person, I can't help it. My brain says don't be daft but my body goes to jelly and I feel physically sick at most things, but I really have got used to this quite easily! Apart from not being able to see my dad that is, once I knew what to do and got used to what to expect, I've been fine. Hopefully you will be too, good luck on Tuesday. 😘 😘

Reactions: 3
Keep your child off. I know other parents who plan to if schools go back. Worse case scenario they'll be a fine similar to I'd you take them on holiday in term time - can't see any councils actually following through with fines during a pandemic though
I'm sheilding too so won't be sending my two back until it's safe for me to do so. My problem lies with what to do when my husband goes back to work. No idea where it leaves me.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Piers Morgan is showing symptoms and awaiting tests results..

• Wow
  • Haha
To everyone who saw my post last night, I have now spoken to a doctor. They can’t rule out that I have Covid-19 but they seem to believe that it’s more likely that it is my Crohn’s disease that is causing me these symptoms. The NHS team are calling me regularly throughout the day to check on me. My temperature is down a bit at the moment so I’m feeling fairly positive.
How are you now? I was thinking of you this morning and glad I just saw this post x

I honestly just want out of this bloody bedroom. I’ve even given up watching TV, it’s so mind numbing. Reminds me of when I had to spend a week in hospital after having my firstborn (em/cs). I felt so isolated back then and was not in a good headspace at all. Not a situation I ever wanted to relive but this is close. I’ve felt quite depressed by it all today and it’s only been a week. Another week to go. 😑
sorry to hear you’re having such a hard time. Can you get into the garden for some headspace once the kids have gone to bed? Maybe sit as far as you can hack it from hubs and just get some fresh air and a bit of distant company? If not, get out on your own if you feel up to it. I can’t imagine how hard it must be being confined to one room ❤

I'm sheilding too so won't be sending my two back until it's safe for me to do so. My problem lies with what to do when my husband goes back to work. No idea where it leaves me.
there could be a chance he could stay furloughed (if he is!) but could using annual leave be an option possibly?

• Heart
I think I speak on behalf of many of us here in suggesting that you take yourself to a quiet corner and have a long hard look at your attitude. Get a grip woman. Come back to this forum when you can honestly say that you can be sure of adding some value. We don't appreciate your kind of happiness and positivity round here, capeesh? ;) :p
God, you’re right. I’ve had a gin, it’s made me all sentimental. Normal service has resumed 😅

• Haha
sorry to hear you’re having such a hard time. Can you get into the garden for some headspace once the kids have gone to bed? Maybe sit as far as you can hack it from hubs and just get some fresh air and a bit of distant company? If not, get out on your own if you feel up to it. I can’t imagine how hard it must be being confined to one room ❤

there could be a chance he could stay furloughed (if he is!) but could using annual leave be an option possibly?
I'm not too sure. Guess he could ask the question

It’s just the lack of company that’s getting to me, if only I could just sit in the room opposite my husband for a chat, but he’s understandably scared of getting the virus and I’m scared of giving it to him. I may sit outside once the kids are in bed, just for a bit of air x

When is the lock down review pls? I heard the 7th but then I heard the 10th?? Thank you x

Reactions: 1
It’s just the lack of company that’s getting to me, if only I could just sit in the room opposite my husband for a chat, but he’s understandably scared of getting the virus and I’m scared of giving it to him. I may sit outside once the kids are in bed, just for a bit of air x
Try having your window all the time too. Know is sounds daft. I was bed bound for three weeks during both pregnancies and this really helped. Cant imagine being in the same house as my hubby and kids and not being able to communicate with them 💔❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.