Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly just want out of this bloody bedroom. I’ve even given up watching TV, it’s so mind numbing. Reminds me of when I had to spend a week in hospital after having my firstborn (em/cs). I felt so isolated back then and was not in a good headspace at all. Not a situation I ever wanted to relive but this is close. I’ve felt quite depressed by it all today and it’s only been a week. Another week to go. 😑
its depressing isnt it ..i felt like a caged animal..mine was made worse by not even being able to watch tit TV even if i wanted to as about 4 days into me being ill the bedroom tv gave up working !

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Driving back from getting essentials earlier we had quite a few young uns in their front gardens 'helping dad' waving to us, obviously we waved back (it made my day tbf) but I said... I bet mum is inside, in a massive hot bubble bath, drinking gin and crying her knackered eyes out.. Bless you all. We've been there and done that. Thank duck. 😂 😭 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Regarding lockdown being eased, I am concerned due to the fact that I am having to shield. My employer didn‘t handle the initial advice to work from home situation very well at all. There are three of us with underlying health conditions in the office and they didn’t move quickly at all to protect us. All they initially offered us was SSP or to try and sit us further apart. There are a lot of communal areas in our office space including bathrooms shared with other offices within the building etc. They also refused to provide us with paper towels in the bathrooms at first due to environmental concerns...! They only suggested that we buy hand sanitiser when it was already completely sold out and impossible to get your hands on. It would be very easy for us to work from home but when we asked repeatedly if we could, we were told that we had a “bad attitude” and that we were trying to work from home to “slack off”. Call me paranoid, but if workplaces are given three weeks to prepare the spaces for social distancing, I am not confident that this would protect the employees in our workplace. We are short on space in the area I work in and I can’t imagine that they would be able to sit us far apart enough if we were all working at the same time. Equally, I can’t see them going for staggered working hours due to the nature of the business.

I feel anxious about returning to work because I don’t have the faith in my employer to care about our safety. We are all currently on furlough but when this scheme ends, I will ultimately feel like there is little choice but to return to work, even if the working conditions are not to the required standard. I also fear that it will be announced a couple of days prior to us having to return to work and the short notice will undoubtedly compound the way that I am feeling.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Driving back from getting essentials earlier we had quite a few young uns in their front gardens 'helping dad' waving to us, obviously we waved back (it made my day tbf) but I said... I bet mum is inside, in a massive hot bubble bath, drinking gin and crying her knackered eyes out.. Bless you all. We've been there and done that. Thank duck. 😂 😭 😂
I’ve just text my friend and said is it ok to tell your child to f**k off and go to sleep 😂 he came down 4 times in half an hour for random stuff and I just wanted to say I love you but bugger off! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If they loosen restrictions and we are told to wear a mask, how the chuff will we actually get them?! People went crazy for bog rolls and bleach. Surely the masks will be the same?
We are told to wear them here in Canada and people are making them. We made some with our sewing machine. They have a few layers of fabric and a pocket for a filter.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just text my friend and said is it ok to tell your child to f**k off and go to sleep 😂 he came down 4 times in half an hour for random stuff and I just wanted to say I love you but bugger off! 😂
😂😂 not sure if you’ve seen breeders on sky (comedy type programme with Martin freeman) but your statement reminded me of it

‘I absolutely would kill for my children, of course I would - but categorically sometimes I would also kill them 😂)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hi All, always reading this thread, never post but something has wound me up this week and wanted to know what everyone else thought.

I’m seeing A LOT of people in the beauty industry; hairdressers, lash techs, aestheticians, semi-perm MUA etc on Instagram saying they are hoping to open up within the next couple of weeks and starting wait lists for appointments.

Now, I’m in the industry myself and I get that most are self employed and people are eager to get back to earning but I’m shocked that they think we will be one of the first things to be allowed to open back up. Although most of this kind of work is done in sterile environments it’s still very close contact and I would never want to put my clients at risk!

*or myself of course.

I just think these people are dreaming!
I think the problem is that places like dubai etc have dropped restrictions and hairdressers and beauty etc all can trade with PPE.

Reactions: 2
If they loosen restrictions and we are told to wear a mask, how the chuff will we actually get them?! People went crazy for bog rolls and bleach. Surely the masks will be the same?
they’re on amazon now not horrifically priced. I’ve just bought some

Reactions: 3
I honestly just want out of this bloody bedroom. I’ve even given up watching TV, it’s so mind numbing. Reminds me of when I had to spend a week in hospital after having my firstborn (em/cs). I felt so isolated back then and was not in a good headspace at all. Not a situation I ever wanted to relive but this is close. I’ve felt quite depressed by it all today and it’s only been a week. Another week to go. 😑
Half way there. How are you feeling? Just think once it’s done you can go around breathing in people’s air space and doing as you wish 😂 I know they aren’t 100 percent you’re immune

You can now if you’re a key worker. My friend had a test today and we were all sent a link to follow if you show symptoms. I know it’s late as we only got the email a week or two ago but least they can get it now

Just seen this on Facebook

That poor woman must have been terrified having to go through that on her own ! especially with the others not making it it's scary .It's the unknown factor with it I hate ,you don't know how it will affect you.But at least some make it that man on the ventilator's family must have been going through hell waiting on word..

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.