Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was expected to be announced on thursday. Seems to me like they dont want to announce it on thursday as its bank holiday weekend and people would go crazy and start going out. đŸ€”
But yes i agree wont be lifted as such but will be relaxed. Which is surprising as i was expecting extension on thursday alongside a long term
Plan
That would probably be a sensible idea you’re right. Tbh I think they’ll be people who break it anyway!

Reactions: 5
Where is everyone getting the figures for the number of deaths in their town? The only article i can find is the sun but that seems incredibly inaccurate. Im in the South West and it is saying 1 confirmed death for my town, i know at least 4 people who passed with it and had it on their death certificates, which affected the funerals for family members (some being my best friends)

As for kids going back, one of my childrens teachers is sheilding with her child because of a condition he has. Then i know there are around a dozen other members of staff at the school also sheilding either because of their own health or a family members. It's a relatively small primary school, so it would not be able to safely function with a dozen less staff. Sheilding is not up until the end of June, so going back to school after May half term doesnt seem feesible.
I wont be sending mine if i think it's too early and if fines are on the cards i will just deregister them and home educate them for the forseeable.
And in my opinion, which is obviously not backed by the science đŸ€Ł June is way too early!
Secondary aged going back part time, so they can be spread out and only the years that have exams next year should be the priority.

One of my siblings was furloughed on Friday for 3 weeks, another is 6 weeks in to hers come Tuesday and she has been told it will be extended for a further 3 weeks. So i think that's wishful thinking on your sisters part.
The stats in the sun article are from ons so are a bit behind. We have 5 deaths in the little seaside town along from us 😔

Has anyone seen the survey going around about schools? My friend said it's from the department of education but I'm not sure. From the last question it looks as if they are looking at July or Sept to go back.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
So both myself and my husband are employed by local government and are working from home, with children at home. We both work in economic development, me on major projects investment/jobs.

Post key worker announcement (which I assumed I wasn’t on it originally, and we can work from home) I was considered business critical as part of future economic recovery. I was given a key worker letter if I needed to access my building to get files. The entire workforce has been given access to COVID testing now. Are we all technically key workers now?

Thinking ahead *if* the schools reopen further next month
I guess if your role needs to be done away from the home and you needs to send the kids in (ie you are both in the office) then yes.

Reactions: 4
So both myself and my husband are employed by local government and are working from home, with children at home. We both work in economic development, me on major projects investment/jobs.

Post key worker announcement (which I took wasn’t on it) I was considered business critical as part of future economic recovery. I was given a key worker letter if I needed to access my building to get files. The entire workforce has been given access to COVID testing now. Are we all key workers now?
Sorry to jump on this. I'm local Gov too. But work in wellbeing. By entire work force do you mean your whole local gov or economic development sector?
Just interested that's all. I've been told to stay home and wait for a phone call from HR regarding redeployment. Our building is still open (not to public) theres are essential services still being used. But the job I do was one first to be shut down and I'm guessing will re start same time as the bars, cinemas and restaurants.

Reactions: 2
Sorry to jump on this. I'm local Gov too. But work in wellbeing. By entire work force do you mean your whole local gov or economic development sector?
Just interested that's all. I've been told to stay home and wait for a phone call from HR regarding redeployment. Our building is still open (not to public) theres are essential services still being used. But the job I do was one first to be shut down and I'm guessing will re start same time as the bars, cinemas and restaurants.
Hi the entire local authority workforce have been given access to COVID testing, my husband works for another LA and has been told the same just with a different system. We’re in NE England so maybe it was rolled out quicker, it was communicated mid last week.

Were both working full time, been told we’re “critical” but have two young kids at home so neither of us can do the hours at the moment.

What week are we rolling into now? 7? 8?
It feels like last year we were all dying for lockdown to happen and schools to kick out.

What a bloody rollercoaster. I want a refund 😂

Reactions: 10

Post key worker announcement (which I assumed I wasn’t on it originally, and we can work from home) I was considered business critical as part of future economic recovery. I was given a key worker letter if I needed to access my building to get files. The entire workforce has been given access to COVID testing now. Are we all technically key workers now?

Thinking ahead *if* the schools reopen further next month
I also work for the government (MoJ) We’ve had our office open with skeleton staff to answer the phones as part of our safeguarding work (about 8 people, down from over 300). Originally, only the people in the office were considered critical however we’ve been told we can all access a test if we show symptoms, or if anyone in our household does.

Last edited:
I’ve just read an article. It was a typed version of parts of an interview with the Director of the Chambers of Commerce. Here are some interesting excerpts:

Business leaders are voicing their concerns over their potential responsibilities post-lockdown:

Businesses are calling for clarity on whether they can be held liable even if they fulfil their obligations to protect employees from coronavirus when the lockdown is eased.

Director general of the British Chambers of Commerce Adam Marshall said the issue is one of the “key questions we’ve asked” after draft Government plans surfaced.

He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme:

We need as much specificity as possible so businesses can ensure they’ve taken all the steps they can in order to protect their people.
And as much as possible we want to see consistency across the UK it would be very confusing and costly for businesses if we saw different nations going in very different directions.
They (bosses) will want to know that they’re not going to be held liable to horrible things that may unfortunately happen if they’ve done everything in their power to keep their people safe.
Whereas by contrast you’d want to see those employers who didn’t take adequate steps face the consequences of that so the question of legal liability is extremely important.”
Director general of the British Chambers of Commerce Adam Marshall called for “clear guidance” on whether employers need to provide personal protective equipment (PPE).

He told BBC Radio 4's Today Programme:

No business wants to be competing with the health services or with the care sector, for example, for PPE.
We’re still waiting for more detail on that and it’s going to be hugely, hugely important for a lot of firms because the number of questions we’re hearing from businesses about protective equipment grows by the day.”

Reactions: 1
I feel like (translate: am hoping, haha) something will be lifted around seeing immediate family. If he does that Thursday, everyone will be having bank holiday celebrations with their family, so makes sense to wait until after bank holiday though annoying.

I feel like (translate: am hoping, haha) something will be lifted around seeing immediate family. If he does that Thursday, everyone will be having bank holiday celebrations with their family, so makes sense to wait until after bank holiday though annoying.
I hope so, i can cope with school closures and everything else as long as i can see my family. My daughter is missing everyone so much 😭

Also how typical is it that every single BH we’ve had this hear has been forecast or has been bloody lovely? Guarantee if corona wasn’t around it would have pissed down every time đŸ˜©

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What week are we rolling into now? 7? 8?
It feels like last year we were all dying for lockdown to happen and schools to kick out.

What a bloody rollercoaster. I want a refund 😂
Yup, just before lockdown I was really struggling with work related stress and said that I really needed some time off work but could have any more days off sick. This was not what I had in mind 😂

I think they know if they even hint at a lift before bank holiday weekend they are asking for trouble. Though I think people will breach it regardless.
The SAGE review is on Thursday but remember the last time SAGE presented the new data there was no announcement from the government to the public for a week after, the 3 week lockdown just sort of rolled on.

I honestly thought we would get another 3 weeks lockdown then maybe see some slight changes but I've got an awful feeling that he's not going to extend anything and give in to pressure to get us moving again

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The stats in the sun article are from ons so are a bit behind. We have 5 deaths in the little seaside town along from us 😔

Has anyone seen the survey going around about schools? My friend said it's from the department of education but I'm not sure. From the last question it looks as if they are looking at July or Sept to go back.
Yes I was told dfe as well. I filled it in

Hi the entire local authority workforce have been given access to COVID testing, my husband works for another LA and has been told the same just with a different system. We’re in NE England so maybe it was rolled out quicker, it was communicated mid last week.

Were both working full time, been told we’re “critical” but have two young kids at home so neither of us can do the hours at the moment.
That not far from me so maybe we will be doing the same for the critical staff here. My departments is leisure services.
I've had bits and bobs to do. It's mainly been online training and my PDR 😬.
Even they was difficult with a 5 and a 10 month old at home so god knows how your doing it.

started thread 29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.