Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve not had a takeaway in 7 weeks and although not usually a fan of McDonald’s (although my son would strongly disagree) I’m actually craving a mcChicken sandwich, fries and a banana milkshake 🤤
Me too!
” Any junk will do!” Sung in the tune of Any Dream Will do , from Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have a good very simple facemask pattern ? Since the Scottish government are advising their use in public places like supermarkets I thought I would try and make us some as have some material from making bunting. (It's not compulsory at the moment just advised)

Reactions: 3
Wonder was he at the birth or are partners allowed in private hospitals..

I'd imagine he was at the birth. You are allowed one birthing partner to be there during active labour. The partner then has to leave following birth. If baby is indeed in nnu then only one parent can visit. That's what they do on my unit. Baby may not need nnu admission, may be on transitional care with mum.

Wonder was he at the birth or are partners allowed in private hospitals..
I know someone who had a planned c-section in an nhs hospital the other day. Their partner was allowed in with them. I know not all hospitals are the same, but I think they do try and allow one birthing partner if they can.

Reactions: 4
Actually, I don’t wish anything to re-open right now. I think it’s going to take me a very long time to want to go shopping properly again.
The main thing I miss is visiting my dad 3 times a week and giving him a hug and a kiss.
I suppose I’d like to take him to our local garden centre for a browse and then a coffee in their restaurant because he loves to do that but for me, no not bothered about shopping.
Yes I can't see me going anywhere near a shop for a very long time. To be fair I shopped a lot online before hand so it's not a massive change.

Reactions: 8
We’re still in April!

They did say the baby was due early summer.
there is one day left in April 🙄

an extra two weeks was added on for one day 🤣😂

she was probably due in may and they said June to give them breathing room.

The bbc says it was due early summer so that could have been May so he may not be massively early.
I genuinely find it funny people have now made him a premature baby 🤣 just for the drama.
Nothing suggests the kid cake early 🤣 I’m happy to be wrong if we get a “mother rushed to maternity hospital....” spin in a few hours.

I know someone who had a planned c-section in an nhs hospital the other day. Their partner was allowed in with them. I know not all hospitals are the same, but I think they do try and allow one birthing partner if they can.
It said a London hospital so I'm guessing The Portland (that's more of a hotel) and he was there ,so they would have payed for the privilege...but that's great hospitals are letting partners attend It's a special time for all involved..

37 weeks is classed as full term anything under that is prem ...

Reactions: 1
If McDonalds open as a drive thru it will be as busy as the last day before it closed and yes I will bloody queue 2 hours for a big mac :LOL: .

• Haha
Reactions: 11
WOW b and q have just sent an email to say they are opening by where I live today at this rate all shops will just open whether in lockdown or not 😬
B&Q were never told to close, the chose to close some stores while they worked on a safety strategy but they were always allowed to open. They aren't breaking the lockdown.

My sister has symptoms and as she is over 65 got an appt for a test for her and hubby this morning at 12.00. Got to the place at 11.30 and were told the army weren’t arriving until 12.30 and they could wait or cone back later and be guaranteed to be tested today. They are waiting in a queue of about 25 cars. Some of the appts were at 10.30 but no one has been tested there yet. How difficult is it to organise this? Might not reach your target Mr H. Sort it out

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
If McDonalds open as a drive thru it will be as busy as the last day before it closed and yes I will bloody queue 2 hours for a big mac :LOL: .
We’ve already planned our first McDonald’s once it opens. Going to give it a day or 2 to die down before ordering via Uber eats. The queues were ridiculous here on the day it closed, I’d be genuinely scared of reopening if i worked for McDonald’s not because of the virus but because of the influx of people demanding their big macs🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My healthy eating is going to get a lot harder when I can get a McDonald’s delivered 😂
We’ve already planned our first McDonald’s once it opens. Going to give it a day or 2 to die down before ordering via Uber eats. The queues were ridiculous here on the day it closed, I’d be genuinely scared of reopening if i worked for McDonald’s not because of the virus but because of the influx of people demanding their big macs🤣

• Haha
I had some bat crazy woman witch at me on Facebook for saying ‘I’m glad we are still getting deliveries’ yesterday. Apparently I was putting them all out of a job for agreeing that their safety came first.

I live in a tiny village and we are lucky if we get daily deliveries before corona let alone now. If our postie (great guy Steve!) is off we don’t get post.

Reactions: 6
I mean duck KFC and Burger King the bloody Lidl and Aldi version of a fast food joint! ITS MC DONALDS WE WANT!🍟🍔🥤🍦

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.