Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s everyone’s predictions?

when do you reckon any shops will reopen? Bars? Flying oversees? Weddings?

i think lockdown the whole of May with some businesses slowly reopening. Loosening of lockdown in June. Hairdressers etc in July. Bars the last to open with social distancing measures/max amount of people in them in August. Can’t see gigs going ahead until November December earliest.

Reactions: 1
What’s everyone’s predictions?

when do you reckon any shops will reopen? Bars? Flying oversees? Weddings?

i think lockdown the whole of May with some businesses slowly reopening. Loosening of lockdown in June. Hairdressers etc in July. Bars the last to open with social distancing measures/max amount of people in them in August. Can’t see gigs going ahead until November December earliest.
Apparently Next is reopening with social distancing, so I can't see the other shops waiting. If people can go to next, you can't expect them to not go to their families.

Reactions: 8
What’s everyone thoughts on commenting to London? My office is based in the city and while I can work from home to some extent it’s not easy! My boss travels by motorbike so he plans on going back soon.

We will he leaving London at the end of the year due to the virus impact but until then I will need to go back all be it part time in the office.

Is anyone due back soon? What’s everyone’s thought plans on getting into London?
I don't know when getting the central line into work won't be terrifying! I hadn't been wearing masks up so far but when I have to get the tube I think I will.

Apparently Next is reopening with social distancing, so I can't see the other shops waiting. If people can go to next, you can't expect them to not go to their families.
Where is this reported? Even with social distancing Next will not be allowed to open. They are on the list of places that need to fully shut, distancing or not.

Reactions: 2
when’s this happening?
Not sure, it just said they had plans in place could be when the lockdown is lifted but retailers are probably keen to get open as soon as possible.

It was on the sky news site,I was just skimming so it might not be straight away.

I hate the tories, really do. Yet the other day I found myself eyeing up Raab and reckoning he'd be quite good in bed. That and me actually agreeing with piers Morgan and Jeremy Hunt (ffs) has really got me wondering who I am anymore. I'm lost.
Raabs voice. I could listen to it all day. It's like chocolate

• Haha
Reactions: 3
when’s this happening?
The news article I read said they will open certain branches only, where distancing rules can be implemented easily. They will aim to open when the government allow non essential shops to reopen, so I don't think it's happening imminently, more that they have a plan in place for when they are allowed.

Im missing going to our little local cinema. I would take that over schools opening personally.
Honestly, living in Cornwall i hope that holiday lets/camps/places don't reopen this year.
Maybe they could open to people living within the same county but i think travelling around Britain for non essential travel should be banned until after the summer holidays at the very least.
I hope national trust places, parks, beaches and woodlands are one of the first things to open back up. But with a strict system in place. So limited numbers, cafe's closed etc. I think that small amount of freedom will really help improve many peoples outlook.
I dont see foreign travel happening again this year, i cant imagine many people will want to be travelling anyway.

Reactions: 6
Same. National trust opened all their grounds for free access just before the lockdown. Would be great if they do the same again soon. Pubs can stay shut the rest of the year for me. Dying for a trip to the cinema, though

Reactions: 3
Same. National trust opened all their grounds for free access just before the lockdown. Would be great if they do the same again soon. Pubs can stay shut the rest of the year for me. Dying for a trip to the cinema, though
The sites near us (Dorset) got completely overwhelmed and had to close. It was awful!!

I would love to be back at work (weddings) in late summer but I think it's doubtful. Maybe if they put in some clear guidelines about numbers and hygiene it might work but who knows. I just want to keep my job. Us hospitality workers are in serious trouble 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The sites near us (Dorset) got completely overwhelmed and had to close. It was awful!!

I would love to be back at work (weddings) in late summer but I think it's doubtful. Maybe if they put in some clear guidelines about numbers and hygiene it might work but who knows. I just want to keep my job. Us hospitality workers are in serious trouble 😔
I’d like to think weddings can go ahead but it’ll be reduced guests

Reactions: 4
It’s a real tricky one isn’t it.
some people have immediate family quite far away so that needs to be considered, my husbands family lives 200 miles away and we’ve not seen them since start of feb now.

whilst I want things to open, I’m so apprehensive. I can’t imagine walking into a shop anymore, I just can’t consider the risk. my mum is vulnerable and I just wouldn’t want to put her at risk (thought what I’d give for a walk around the supermarket worry free!)

Reactions: 6
Well I wont be going clothes shopping while we have to queue outside for 3 hours just to get in the shop. Its bad enough doing it for the weekly food shop. 🙄

Reactions: 10
When do you think lockdown will lift?

My eldest is 18 at the end of May. She said she will just be happy if she can have a McDonalds on her big day haha. One thing lockdown has given us is gratitude, we appreciate the little things.

Reactions: 14
BBC- 445 deaths today, down again today 🤞🏻, these don’t include deaths in care homes

Reactions: 7
When do you think lockdown will lift?

My eldest is 18 at the end of May. She said she will just be happy if she can have a McDonalds on her big day haha. One thing lockdown has given us is gratitude, we appreciate the little things.
Is McDonald's not even open there for drive-thru? Here in Canada it is

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.