Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooooh in same boat is it possible to have the code please😁x
I only get one every 24 hours as it's a unique code and can only be used once. I'll see if the other lady wants it first. Got a few places with generic codes. Anyone welcome to use...

15% off joules 15MOD
25% off newlook NLNHS25
25% in the style SERVICES25

Reactions: 3
This is going to sound really frivolous but does anyone have any idea how hairdressers are going to be able to reopen? I'd be interested to hear from any hairdressers on here whether they have been given any official guidance on this. I was due to have a full head of foils and a cut tomorrow, which clearly won't be happening. I'm going to look like a yak soon! 💇‍♀️💇‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Sorry to change subject and I don’t want this to get into any contentious...

I have no summer clothes at all.Got rid of all the ones I don’t fit into, had a baby, borrowed sister in laws last year for a holiday, never lost weight, never bought any new! I need some new things for work and home. My children need some summer clothes, as does my husband.
What are people doing? Next online is hard work, where else are adhering to social distancing and deemed ok to order from? Want to one big order ideally - not that we have much money to spend as food bills are soaring with us all at home!
I got my sons from H&M kids, they were reasonable and it was one delivery which got dropped to my doorstep and the driver was stood well back so stuck to social distancing rules. He’d grown out of his shoes and shorts and T-shirt’s from last summer so was an essential purchase.

Reactions: 1
This is going to sound really frivolous but does anyone have any idea how hairdressers are going to be able to reopen? I'd be interested to hear from any hairdressers on here whether they have been given any official guidance on this. I was due to have a full head of foils and a cut tomorrow, which clearly won't be happening. I'm going to look like a yak soon! 💇‍♀️💇‍♀️
I’ve been googling how to cut your hair at home. This could be bad

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For the people that are cutting their own hair at home, how are you actually doing it on yourselves? I could imagine mine going terrible wrong 🤣

my mum is a hairdresser, she’s worried because she doesn’t know when she will get back to work as they haven’t heard anything at all about when they can go back. Most of her client are elderly people so don’t know how that will work as she can’t cut their hair from 2 meters

For the people that are cutting their own hair at home, how are you actually doing it on yourselves? I could imagine mine going terrible wrong 🤣
Not bothered with my own but I’ve trimmed my sons (which... went not so bad) but my daughters asking for hers cutting. Boys hair is easy but I’m worried I’ll really mess hers up 😬

I did a blunt cut trim on mine a few months ago by following a youtube vid. My hair is just past shoulder length and I was only taking a bit off though, so not a major risk.

I put my hair in low pigtails, and snipped the ends off. The only slight issue is that you have to remember to slant the cut slightly otherwise you end up with a v at the back rather than it being straight across.

I did the shorter front layers by cutting at an angle. I wouldn't dare attempt anything more complicated though.

Reactions: 3
Not bothered with my own but I’ve trimmed my sons (which... went not so bad) but my daughters asking for hers cutting. Boys hair is easy but I’m worried I’ll really mess hers up 😬
You could always give her a bowl cut ..... but be prepared to never be forgiven. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I only get one every 24 hours as it's a unique code and can only be used once. I'll see if the other lady wants it first. Got a few places with generic codes. Anyone welcome to use...

15% off joules 15MOD
25% off newlook NLNHS25
25% in the style SERVICES25
Thank you so much for the ASOS offer. In reality I’m not going to get the chance to order anything today or tomorrow so happy for the other person to have it 👍🏼
Thanks again - and also to others for the feedback x

I did a blunt cut trim on mine a few months ago by following a youtube vid. My hair is just past shoulder length and I was only taking a bit off though, so not a major risk.

I put my hair in low pigtails, and snipped the ends off. The only slight issue is that you have to remember to slant the cut slightly otherwise you end up with a v at the back rather than it being straight across.

I did the shorter front layers by cutting at an angle. I wouldn't dare attempt anything more complicated though.
My hair is an A-line bob, not something I could ever do myself! As for the 3 different colours of highlights ... I dread to think what would happen if I attempted that. Will just have to start wearing hats and scarves.

Papers/ news outlets usually rush to release the first figure they have and it often only relates to England but they say UK.
To be fair, I think it's only the second time they have got the figure incorrect that I recall?

Theres still 4,000+ new cases everyday! Or is that govt tracker not working correctly?

To be fair, I think it's only the second time they have got the figure incorrect that I recall?
I wouldn't call it wrong but there have been a number of times when various news sites refer to it as the UK number when Scotland or NI haven't been included.

Edit - As someone from NI I'm often acutely aware of it being left out!

Reactions: 4
So from todays conference, we can all get tested if someone in our household works as an essential worker (or any other field listed on govt website)? Does this include the antibody test to see if youve had previously?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.