Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
It's interesting to reflect on what the government were saying about lockdown fatigue. Feels very accurate in this house:

Week 1- Whole family following Joe Wicks workouts daily. Me doing an additional hour of Davina online.
Week 6- Kids bedrooms are on 2nd and 3rd floor so as long as they visit the ground floor kitchen for 3 meals a day I'm like, exersize✅. My exersize replaced with a 'Gin hour' that runs from 4-9pm daily.

Week 1- Detailed homeschool schedule with learning objectives for all key stages, creative play hour (jewelerry making etc.) science session (made a volcano!).
Week 6- 2 x 60 minute focussed sessions a day. Helping me make dinner counts as science and maths in one. This week I'm stretching it and allowing them to dye their hair one day in their 'creative play' hour. Even the 10 yr old knows instinctively that Mummy has run out of motivation and ideas.

Week 1- Aimed to have the whole house spotless and do all those little DIY jobs that niggle you.
Week 6- People are dying; feck it, if I'm gonna die next week will anyone give a shit that I spent 30 mins polishing my taps?

Week 1- Watches daily briefings religiously. Feels upset, anxious, and shocked by the emormity of events.
Week 6 - Boris who? Catches up on news via Tattle. Brief exchanges with husband such as "861 today." "I saw..dreadful. What's for tea?"

I can think of more but I'm already 29 mins late for gin hour starting and I DO like to keep to a schedule 😏🍸🍹

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Noseybonk

VIP Member
Yep mine! He managed to get a click and collect slot for tomorrow earlier in the week and he asked me what I wanted. I said to cancel the slot as I think that with milk/bread and a few other bits from the local shop we will cope. He said no as ‘we are running low on EVERYTHING’. We aren’t! 😳 He then decided to ask the kids what they need (20 year old and 16 year old) and the last I heard on Thursday the total was up to £92 😡. I am fuming but keeping out of it
So I need to update on this as I feel really guilty for slagging off my family for being wasteful. It turns out that hubby and kids felt bad as we didn’t do anything for Mother’s Day and then I had been floored with Coronavirus for 2 weeks and I am still quite breathless now. So... the shopping included some bbq food so we could have a late Mother’s Day feast as a family. They had also bought other things that we did actually need and had run out of and I hadnt looked properly 😬. I was all teary and emotional when I saw what they had done and I have spent the afternoon just sat in the garden being handed food and doing absolutely nothing 😍 (Just to answer in advance before anyone questions... there was just the 4 of us and no other visitors, and we already had a bbq and coals etc so all they bought on the click and collect in addition was lots of meat and buns 👍🏻 It doesn’t change how shit the world is, but it was nice to have a day just bring a family.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

50sGirl

VIP Member
Had to go into dad’s house today. I was there about 30 minutes but I made sure he was in a different room to me.
I didn’t want to go in but he was going to change his bedding today (I usually do it) because it’s not been done since lockdown. I thought the risk of him falling over when he was changing the bedding was very high so I thought it was safer that I went in to do it. I put a wash on and put a pile of clean clothes away and put his shopping away too. It would have taken him hours to do what took me half an hour. Hopefully no busy bodies were watching and thinking I was breaking the rules.
Anyway, I don’t need to go out for another week now.
Does anyone else feel relief once all the shopping, etc is done because you know you can stay safely at home for another week?
Hope you all are well. Not been very chatty the past few days but I do still read xx

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I had a wobble yesterday and ended up dying my bleached blonde hair bright pink. I look like a troll now 😂 still, passed some time in lockdown.

hoping my Whitty mug arrives today ❤

Its like the stages of grief, one moment I’m fine and accepting, one minute I’m sobbing and the next I’m doing mad things like cooking Xmas dinner and dying hair.....at least I stayed away from the scissors I suppose!

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Alightened

VIP Member
20200423_205607.jpg

20200423_205536.jpg

We've got a postman round where we live who is dressing up in different costumes to cheer people up when he's delivering mail. He got permission from his boss obviously😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think once the hospitals are “coping” they will allow people to get the virus, spread the virus and die from the virus.

there are no consequences for breaking lockdown, lockdown was implemented because they feared the NHS wouldn’t cope.

I think now that fear has lessened they’re allowing heard immunity to start again, just at a slower more manageable pace.

could be wrong, never am but there’s always a first for everyone. 😐

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

GiftedWaxMelts

Is the Clap for Carers causing neighbourhood wars where anyone else lives? 😂

We have a local community Facebook group & there’s so much bickering going on in there about it!
There’s someone with a seemingly endless stockpile of fireworks who keeps letting them off every week, much to the annoyance of some people.
There’s been disagreements about whether we should start doing a weekly lantern release. Actual Facebook group comment on the matter: ‘I don’t give a fuck if a few animals die, it’s for our amazing NHS!!!’
We also have a couple of professional DJ’s in the area, who have started throwing street discos every week. There’s been a major Facebook argument this evening because someone has complained to the police about one of them.
Then you get the clapping police, who will post things like ‘not many out on our street tonight, miserable bastards!!’

I think it’s a nice idea, and I do go out & clap to show my appreciation, but unfortunately the whole thing has turned into a bit of a chavvy farce where I live!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Kermy5

I'd rather guide my Dad into my Mum than watch Big night in with rich celebrities guilting us to donate cash while we've all lost our jobs. Donate some of your millions Davina and fuck off.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

Homesweethomesweethome

Haven’t posted on this thread for a while.
last week we lost 2 blood relatives who died after being tested with covid19. Both in care homes, dementia and elderly. It’s incredibly sad of course and we as a family are grieving apart which is just horrendous.
Being one of those who has been impacted by covid, my thoughts now is that lockdown is worse than the virus itself. Let me explain...
My friend and neighbour down the road is miserable, her little boy is being her comforter and sits cuddling his mum whilst she just cries.
My colleague who lives alone is in the darkest depths of depression, we’re trying to get him to move in with his family, but he won’t listen, people are trying to speak to him through his letter box with grunts as a response. We thought about collectively getting him into a facility where he can be supported, ha, yeah no chance, mental health services are on skeleton staff. We’re expecting any day to hear he has taken his own life.
And whilst I’m incredibly sad at losing my relatives, they lived a wonderful life and were at the end of it, no one wants to say goodbye but this day always comes. But not being able to support our other elderly relatives who are at home alone and in pain with grief, that’s horrendous, truly awful. I know I’m in a minority with these thoughts and it could be grief, but I’m more scared at losing friends and colleagues who cannot cope. This is a truly horrible position to be in.

• Sad
Reactions: 27

Moomink

I'm one of the most antisocial people I know. I seriously prefer my own company half the time, but I'm starting to struggle feeling penned in at home with my 2 kids. My sons dad has stage 4 cancer and we're not together anymore, but it means my son hasn't been able to see him since Xmas. (He was in hospital in January) and not well feb.. how long this is going to go on for? They haven't been able to hug or touch and my son was only told about the cancer in feb. This is valuable precious time and it slipping through our fingers in quarantine. So fed up with it all. My sons dad is isolating at home alone, and I also feel so bad for him going through all of this alone. I've hardly homeschooled my kids. I'm eating everything in sight. Urgh. I need to shake myself before I slip into a really bad place. Sorry for the vent. I'm not on Facebook otherwise I'd probably have a moan on there. At least this is more anonymous 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 26

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
I think a lot of people are mistaking the idea of social distancing lasting for a year and comparing it to life now. Life now won’t last for a year. We will see our families. We will return to work. Social distancing will stay in place but it won’t be like we our now. It’s just a new way of living. Don’t queue too close. Don’t get on public transport without masks. Don’t sit next to somebody in the cinema.

the current climate simply cannot last for a year.

Reactions: 26

LunaDubh

Ok so I work in HC but not in emergency and most of the free food etc is going to the emergency department ( for obvious reasons!) And today our department got free Dominos and a company that delivers fruit gave us 4 massive boxes of fruit and on top was 14 packets of red velvet cupcakes... I'm telling ya it's the extremely kind gestures helping us keep going! And it made my week lol I am exhausted and yes I did have 2 slices and yes I did have 2 cupcakes we all did lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

hnoz

VIP Member
Some of these ‘new rules’ really make me laugh at the thought that people don’t already follow them. Why would you touch something you don’t want to buy anyway??😂
It’s like when the whole hand washing thing came out and some people were amazed that they should wash their hands before eating and after going to the bathroom.
I have to touch basically everything to read the nutrition label and find out about allergies. It’s pretty normal?

• Heart

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Good lord I'd be gipping. Good luck doing that on my kids. Wont even let me get a boogie out the edge of their nostral.
My eyes stream if I get too eager picker my nose.

Though I watched this program once and this man had a constant bad smell, had peolle out to house to check drains or for dead rats etc no one else could smell it. He also had constant sinus pain and headaches.

Went to the Dr's and they looked up his nose and he had a teeny bit of tissue hanging. Dr told him and he said when he has a cold, he rolls up to let and puts a bit up each nostril to soak the mucus up when he's in bed.

The Dr pulled the tissue and it was attached to a giant wad that over the years had all congealed up his nose, he woke up of a morning and because the tissue wasn't in his nostrils, he'd assumed they'd fallen out on the night.

Anyway, the size was literary like a sausage that came out and that's what the smell was, all congealed mucus and blood 😱

I've been a bit funny about noses since then!!

• Sick
  • Wow

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
My favourite bit about the clap for carers?

My next door neighbour banging the hell out of a saucepan then shouting at the lady over the road, "why are we doing this?"

He watched last week and joined in this week, despite not knowing bless him
Think he's just happy to be out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I just wash them in water as normal all those chemicals would be harmful..That Zoflora stuff is very flammable and I've read reports it causes a lot of allergies..I put it in my reed diffusers that's all I use it for...
the lime and mandarin zoflora on a banana sandwich is really good.
Obviously don’t let it near the bread, that would be stupid, a layer of harpic toilet cleaner instead of butter does the trick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24