Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea on the detail but government are telling specific sectors messages to get ready, construction as of last week have been told to get mobilised and back on site next week (and they are). Football have been told restrictions to start be lifted from the 1st June, so therefore football to restart 6th June behind closed doors.

All very hush hush, with no overall picture 🤯
I don’t think this is true. I’m in the building industry and construction sites haven’t been ordered to close, so they aren’t being advised on when to open.
Any construction sites that have closed have made their own decision either because they couldn’t run safety or it isn’t economical to run with a reduced staff. The single biggest reason though is a lack of supplies, manufacturing has basically stopped and you can’t get orders for plasterboard for love nor money.

Reactions: 10
I've had an email from work (local government) saying we will not be opening and non essential services until AT LEAST June. This includes cafes, sports centres, gyms, museums, theatres and tourist info.
I'm assuming these will be the last places to open.
I doubt schools will be re opening this academic year. And I think they will be lucky if they re open completely in September.
We are just living one day at a time in our house. Daughters bday party had been cancelled (in June, at local swimming pool).
Were ment to be in Cornwall in mid July, doubt that will happen.
I know its frustrating but it's out of everyones control. Just take it one day at a time and try to enjoy your time off.
Yes your right we’re going to have to make the best of a bad situation and get on as best we can...My sons birthday is June aswell D-Day infact the 6th if only this war was really over..I have to say I feel guilty/sad for the younger generation their going to miss out on a lot ,and have a lot of dreams and ambitions destroyed ..But the babies born at this time will “never miss what they never had “ so I suppose that’s a bit of heartening..So from one lockdown birthday boy to one lockdown birthday girl..Happy June Birthday 🎁

Reactions: 2
I was just thinking when this is all over you will be able to see those who had a garden/outside space and those that didnt(me). 🙃

Reactions: 5
I was just thinking when this is all over you will be able to see those who had a garden/outside space and those that didnt(me). 🙃
I also thought that there will be loads of gardens with blooming flowers across the UK so when we finally get out I hope to see botanical garden's everywhere😂 still not able to get my sunflower seeds😭😭

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I agree. As my last post saying I work for local government. It's only mid manager level so I'm not getting exclusive info. We have had an email saying we opening certain facilities until AT LEAST June (including swimming pools). The next day I had a email from the swimming lesson team, saying they will be letting people know every 3 weeks when they lessons will be restarting (Local government pool).
Like wtf? You know it wont be till at least June?!

Also I think IF football games go ahead it will be live streamed? Surely they wont allow thousands up on thousands into the stadiums.
Wonder how they’ll work the football ⚽ if they want to keep social distancing... They’ll hardly want teams from around the world travelling from one country to another..

What do you expect single parents to do with their children? I'm sure people would rather not bring their family members into the store but many people have no choice if the other parent works away/ isn't involved. Im lucky that I have a few delivery slots booked but if I didn't I'd need to take my child with me as can't even leave him at grandparents. My partner works away for weeks at a time.
I've no problem with taking your children to the supermarket at all, I realise that that has to be done. It's the "other members of the family" that it's mentioning. I'm not totally heartless🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I work in industry and house builders, and public bodies have had those messages for the last week or so to get reopened.

As above football definitely planned to be played to empty stadiums.

Yes your right we’re going to have to make the best of a bad situation and get on as best we can...My sons birthday is June aswell D-Day infact the 6th if only this war was really over..I have to say I feel guilty/sad for the younger generation their going to miss out on a lot ,and have a lot of dreams and ambitions destroyed ..But the babies born at this time will “never miss what they never had “ so I suppose that’s a bit of heartening..So from one lockdown birthday boy to one lockdown birthday girl..Happy June Birthday 🎁
My little girls is the 6th of June too. She keeps asking how many days until her birthday/party 😒. I think we will end up having a garden party (weve already had one for the cat, when her little sister was 9 month birthday and when her tooth came out 😂)

Her sisters is in July. Luckily she will only be one so wont even have a clue what day it is.
Happy birthday to your boy for June ❤.
Sure you will make it the best you can in these crazy times.

• Heart
  • Sad
I have to touch basically everything to read the nutrition label and find out about allergies. It’s pretty normal?
That absolutely makes sense if you have allergies! I don’t so sorry for my ignorance there as I didn’t even consider that. As someone without allergies I’m lucky that I don’t have to check labels so would only pick up/touch something I intended to buy.

I've no problem with taking your children to the supermarket at all, I realise that that has to be done. It's the "other members of the family" that it's mentioning. I'm not totally heartless🙄🤣
You can pelt them wy flour bombs 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My brother is currently working on a construction site and building a multi storey car park, he said a large percentage of the people he's working with are travelling from Birmingham and going back home on weekends.

• Sad
Get the flour ammo to the ready and get outside Downing st 🤫🤣
Well let's face I've not started baking with it yet (can't be arsed now I've got it😂), so that's a good idea. Who should I throw it at first?🤔😂

• Haha
I also thought that there will be loads of gardens with blooming flowers across the UK so when we finally get out I hope to see botanical garden's everywhere😂 still not able to get my sunflower seeds😭😭
I've got some spare, happy to post them to you! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Some of these ‘new rules’ really make me laugh at the thought that people don’t already follow them. Why would you touch something you don’t want to buy anyway??😂
It’s like when the whole hand washing thing came out and some people were amazed that they should wash their hands before eating and after going to the bathroom.
I have to pick things up to check ingredients for food allergies. Recipes change often so ingredients need checked constantly. If I then find an item has an allergen in it, it goes back down.

ETA: just saw you replied to a similar post above 👍🏻👍🏻

Reactions: 10
Is anyone having trouble with getting their car fixed? Ours went in for mot beginning of the month (insurance would be invalid if we had let it run the extra 6 months). It needs work doing on it but the garage is struggling to get the parts, they're coming from Germany and he said production has stopped so it's incredibly difficult to get hold of things and they are (rightly so) prioritizing NHS vehicles.
My husband is still working 6 days a week though and relies on the car to get to and from his workplace.

Have people seen the news that Nicola sturgeon is releasing a paper later today about how Scotland will come out of lockdown? She seems to have been right so far in what the government have said!

So if social distancing is to continue until the end of the year does that mean the shops will open but it will be like supermarkets queuing outside and a few in at a time?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.