Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you expect single parents to do with their children? I'm sure people would rather not bring their family members into the store but many people have no choice if the other parent works away/ isn't involved. Im lucky that I have a few delivery slots booked but if I didn't I'd need to take my child with me as can't even leave him at grandparents. My partner works away for weeks at a time.
I think that's fine tbf. My work is trying to limit it to one person at a time in store, obviously they're not going to encounter someone with a child and not allow their child in as well. The issue that we're having is that people are having family outings to the supermarket.

Reactions: 4
I was up at 3am thinking about it all.
I’m a key worker & we are really struggling at work as we have so many staff off self isolating as they have asthma etc, now we know social distancing is going to be in place for the rest of the year I am wondering if they are all going to be off until a vaccine is available. This isn’t a dig at them I just worry as the staff that are left are close to burnout 🙁
That’s my worry as a key worker too. We are so short staffed and there is a huge strain being put on the rest of us.

Reactions: 1
Is anyone having trouble with getting their car fixed? Ours went in for mot beginning of the month (insurance would be invalid if we had let it run the extra 6 months). It needs work doing on it but the garage is struggling to get the parts, they're coming from Germany and he said production has stopped so it's incredibly difficult to get hold of things and they are (rightly so) prioritizing NHS vehicles.
My husband is still working 6 days a week though and relies on the car to get to and from his workplace.
Have you tried different garages or mobile mechanics. Most main dealerships will only use certain suppliers. My partners working at bmw, all their parts come from Germany and is a large back log. They are only working on key workers cars and emergency service vehicles.
Do you know what parts are required? Could try sourcing them your self.
Euro car parts is still open. Also ebay is a good one.

I think a lot of people are mistaking the idea of social distancing lasting for a year and comparing it to life now. Life now won’t last for a year. We will see our families. We will return to work. Social distancing will stay in place but it won’t be like we our now. It’s just a new way of living. Don’t queue too close. Don’t get on public transport without masks. Don’t sit next to somebody in the cinema.

the current climate simply cannot last for a year.

Reactions: 26
So ive been trying to avoid these threads but Im just so fed up. All our neighbours have had people round this week. Why don't they understand the longer they do that the longer we will be stuck like this 😩

• Wow
Reactions: 6
So ive been trying to avoid these threads but Im just so fed up. All our neighbours have had people round this week. Why don't they understand the longer they do that the longer we will be stuck like this 😩
You can only look after yourself,
Getting stressed about what the neighbours are doing isn’t gonna help you,
just follow the rules yourself and hope the sensible people are doing similar,

But lockdown fatigue is setting in, there are a LOT more people out and about now.

Reactions: 16
I think a lot of people are mistaking the idea of social distancing lasting for a year and comparing it to life now. Life now won’t last for a year. We will see our families. We will return to work. Social distancing will stay in place but it won’t be like we our now. It’s just a new way of living. Don’t queue too close. Don’t get on public transport without masks. Don’t sit next to somebody in the cinema.

I know this obviously can’t be taken for 100% fact, but you honestly have no idea how much this has improved my mood today.
I appreciate that non of us know for definite what is going to happen, but the thought of not being able to see my parents until 2021 or beyond has been so damaging to my mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well let's face I've not started baking with it yet (can't be arsed now I've got it😂), so that's a good idea. Who should I throw it at first?🤔😂
The first person to put their head outside that hasn’t combed their hair 🤫🤣

• Haha
I know this obviously can’t be taken for 100% fact, but you honestly have no idea how much this has improved my mood today.
I appreciate that non of us know for definite what is going to happen, but the thought of not being able to see my parents until 2021 or beyond has been so damaging to my mental health.
I am the same. I am trying to look for positivity. My wedding has been cancelled and moved to September - I have people telling me straight up that it won’t happen and this is depressing. My mental health is suffering, I have a four month baby and my partner is on unpaid leave from work. I feel like everything is collapsing around me BUT then I realise half of my negative thoughts come from Brenda and Barbara and Alan on Facebook who are now science experts and fortune tellers. We have to be positive and realistic x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You can only look after yourself,
Getting stressed about what the neighbours are doing isn’t gonna help you,
just follow the rules yourself and hope the sensible people are doing similar,

But lockdown fatigue is setting in, there are a LOT more people out and about now.
It felt like that here yesterday. You would almost think things were back to the way they were pre-virus for the many cars and people out and about. Aside from the fact that many shops etc are still closed.

Reactions: 2
I feel the same way. I think it's being out of routine. University moved to online just before lockdown and we won't be back which is sad cause I love the long drive and I have 0 motivation to do work at home. Then work got moved to the big supermarket which is exhausting. I just want things to go back to normal and then you've got to watch bob and sue have a bleeping bbq with the fam or Kelly and Mark sat in their local park drinking beer and having a picnic and you just think what is the actual point??!

Reactions: 11
It felt like that here yesterday. You would almost think things were back to the way they were pre-virus for the many cars and people out and about. Aside from the fact that many shops etc are still closed.
I’m feeling the same 😕
Everything here was scary quite until last weekend, now it’s like we’ve all been granted a summer holiday and everyone is making the most of it.

Reactions: 8
So if social distancing is to continue until the end of the year does that mean the shops will open but it will be like supermarkets queuing outside and a few in at a time?
You may get them to do a "pass the parcel" with your Gin, so you haven't to que for too long 😂 x

I’m feeling the same 😕
Everything here was scary quite until last weekend, now it’s like we’ve all been granted a summer holiday and everyone is making the most of it.
Up here's the same some movement but not bad tbh,..but I think it's time to move don't you think?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Up here's the same some movement but not bad tbh,..but I think it's time to move don't you think?
I thought you meant pack up and leave the country,
I could go back to fraggle rock but I think they have a travel ban in place right now. 😕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I thought you meant pack up and leave the country,
I could go back to fraggle rock but I think they have a travel ban in place right now. 😕
Sure they've all emigrated to Westminster ...do you not keep up with the news 😣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The roads in our sleepy village have suddenly got loads busier this week 😑 I miss the quiet.

I really needed to read this today. Thank you 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Part time pupils and redesigned work places .....Scotland's way of lifting the lockdown ...

Reactions: 3

Agree 100%. If we stay like this more people will die.
I believe they’ll start us running in smaller circles first, see how the infection rate goes. Slowly but surely.
Not sure about anyone else but I can’t imagine wanting to get close to people in a shop ever again 🤣

it’s also a big birthday for me in Jul and I’m hoping we’ll have some ease so I can see my grandparents properly🤞🏻

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.