Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree 100%. If we stay like this more people will die.
I believe they’ll start us running in smaller circles first, see how the infection rate goes. Slowly but surely.
Not sure about anyone else but I can’t imagine wanting to get close to people in a shop ever again 🤣

it’s also a big birthday for me in Jul and I’m hoping we’ll have some ease so I can see my grandparents properly🤞🏻
To be fair I'm all for social distancing outside of my family.

I cannot abide people walking to close to me or when I stop l, they collide in the back of me, just back off and give me space!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So ive been trying to avoid these threads but Im just so fed up. All our neighbours have had people round this week. Why don't they understand the longer they do that the longer we will be stuck like this 😩
My neighbours elderly parents keep coming around and park up their car and sit in it with the doors open (and they sometimes stand up in the doorway) while her and her kids sit on their drive talking to them plus she makes them a mug of tea! Worse thing is, she works for the NHS!

• Angry
Reactions: 3
My neighbours elderly parents keep coming around and park up their car and sit in it with the doors open (and they sometimes stand up in the doorway) while her and her kids sit on their drive talking to them plus she makes them a mug of tea! Worse thing is, she works for the NHS!
I have a family member (from my husband’s side, of course 😂) who is a nurse in ICU with the NHS. She’s one of the worst people I know for social distancing and being sensible during this lockdown, although she is now starting to get somewhat better (better late than never?). She actually had a moan at us for saying we wouldn’t be attending a planned Mother’s Day lunch...
And then we get all the family messaging her, telling her how proud they are of her for her job and videos of them all stood at their doors blowing whistles and clapping each Thursday. Pees me right off.
It’s now a banned topic of conversation in our house 😬

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
No idea on the detail but government are telling specific sectors messages to get ready, construction as of last week have been told to get mobilised and back on site next week (and they are). Football have been told restrictions to start be lifted from the 1st June, so therefore football to restart 6th June behind closed doors.

All very hush hush, with no overall picture 🤯
Construction & manufacturing had letters already to say what they are doing is important to industry & to carry on working. Letters are being produced by gov daily to industries you can sign up on the site & get updates. Construction hasn’t been stopped unless they haven’t been able to follow guidelines or get products.

Reactions: 1
589 today
NHS England has announced 514 new deaths of people who tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals in England to 16,786.

Of the 514 new deaths announced today:

• 111 occurred on April 22
  • 216 occurred on April 21
  • 75 occurred on April 20
  • 110 of the new deaths recorded took place between April 1 and April 19
  • Two deaths occurred in March, with the earliest new death taking place on March 25

Reactions: 5
Have you tried different garages or mobile mechanics. Most main dealerships will only use certain suppliers. My partners working at bmw, all their parts come from Germany and is a large back log. They are only working on key workers cars and emergency service vehicles.
Do you know what parts are required? Could try sourcing them your self.
Euro car parts is still open. Also ebay is a good one.
Well we had to try 6 different garages just to the mot done, the first 2 cancelled the night before the car was due in, 3 were shut so we just went with the 6th. He orginally tried sourcing cheaper parts but couldn't order them anywhere, so we paid almost £100 for a more expensive version (i think these are from the manufacturer but i dont know much about cars).
So we haven't looked around anywhere else. I think ill give him till the middle of next week and then we'll see if we can get them ourselves. We have paid for the parts already and were just going to pay for the labour when he fitted them.

Part time pupils and redesigned work places .....Scotland's way of lifting the lockdown ...
Ive just seen this, part time pupils 🤔 so im assuming children in small groups on a set timetable, so they are coming in to contact with the same pupils each time they go to school.
How do we think that will work with the teacher? Surely they would have to have a different teacher for each group to stop the risk of the teacher potentially spreading the virus to/from each of the smaller groups?

Last edited:
Well we had to try 6 different garages just to the mot done, the first 2 cancelled the night before the car was due in, 3 were shut so we just went with the 6th. He orginally tried sourcing cheaper parts but couldn't order them anywhere, so we paid almost £100 for a more expensive version (i think these are from the manufacturer but i dont know much about cars).
So we haven't looked around anywhere else. I think ill give him till the middle of next week and then we'll see if we can get them ourselves. We have paid for the parts already and were just going to pay for the labour when he fitted them.

Ive just seen this, part time pupils 🤔 so im assuming children in small groups on a set timetable, so they are coming in to contact with the same pupils each time they go to school.
How do we think that will work with the teacher? Surely they would have to have a different teacher for each group to stop the risk of the teacher potentially spreading the virus to/from each of the smaller groups?
No ideas how could they control who the pupils would be in contact with outside of school hours 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve a better idea boarding schools 😂

NHS England has announced 514 new deaths of people who tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals in England to 16,786.

Of the 514 new deaths announced today:

• 111 occurred on April 22
  • 216 occurred on April 21
  • 75 occurred on April 20
  • 110 of the new deaths recorded took place between April 1 and April 19
  • Two deaths occurred in March, with the earliest new death taking place on March 25
I always find these breakdowns better. Do you know if they have the true numbers for the deaths related to Covid yet as all the ones I see use the amount recorded and not the true death rate if that makes sense

I always find these breakdowns better. Do you know if they have the true numbers for the deaths related to Covid yet as all the ones I see use the amount recorded and not the true death rate if that makes sense
These numbers are for recorded hospital deaths only.

Reactions: 1
Wonder how they’ll work the football ⚽ if they want to keep social distancing... They’ll hardly want teams from around the world travelling from one country to another..
Plus how can they keep a safe distance when they are going in for a tackle 🤷‍♀️

Sorry to change subject and I don’t want this to get into any contentious...

I have no summer clothes at all.Got rid of all the ones I don’t fit into, had a baby, borrowed sister in laws last year for a holiday, never lost weight, never bought any new! I need some new things for work and home. My children need some summer clothes, as does my husband.
What are people doing? Next online is hard work, where else are adhering to social distancing and deemed ok to order from? Want to one big order ideally - not that we have much money to spend as food bills are soaring with us all at home!

I have a family member (from my husband’s side, of course 😂) who is a nurse in ICU with the NHS. She’s one of the worst people I know for social distancing and being sensible during this lockdown, although she is now starting to get somewhat better (better late than never?). She actually had a moan at us for saying we wouldn’t be attending a planned Mother’s Day lunch...
And then we get all the family messaging her, telling her how proud they are of her for her job and videos of them all stood at their doors blowing whistles and clapping each Thursday. Pees me right off.
It’s now a banned topic of conversation in our house 😬
I guess because she’s coming in close contact at work she’s not thinking about it at home maybe? Kinda not deliberate if you get me...
I agree she should be though

Reactions: 2

I have no summer clothes at all.Got rid of all the ones I don’t fit into, had a baby, borrowed sister in laws last year for a holiday, never lost weight, never bought any new! I need some new things for work and home. My children need some summer clothes, as does my husband.
What are people doing? Next online is hard work, where else are adhering to social distancing and deemed ok to order from? Want to one big order ideally - not that we have much money to spend as food bills are soaring with us all at home!
I'm in the same position. I've got a delivery from asos. DM me if you need a code. I've got some 20% of on all full price items. Min £30 delivery xx

Reactions: 4

The supermarkets clothes sections are still open if you don’t mind going out.
im not sure online wise. ASOS etc probably are?

Reactions: 2
Not sure if this has been posted on here, so apologies if it's repeated. So, no surprises there then! More proof Cheltenham shouldn't have gone ahead.
20200423_153148.jpg

Reactions: 5
I'm in the same position. I've got a delivery from asos. DM me if you need a code. I've got some 20% of on all full price items. Min £30 delivery xx
Ooooh in same boat is it possible to have the code please😁x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.