Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Round 26 - day one thousand and eighty nine in lockdown
some links you might find useful....🙂

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂

Reactions: 2
I think they need to ease up restrictions a little bit

All we are doing is supressing it and pushing it further down the line, do we really want the 2nd wave to concide with winter illnesses?

no doubt Restrictions will be put in place again in winter. People need to have some resemblance of a life before then otherwise if they want to countinue like this with restrictions all summer then what will hit us will be worse later on as people will simply not stay like this for 6/7 months

Reactions: 14
I think they need to ease up restrictions a little bit

All we are doing is supressing it and pushing it further down the line, do we really want the 2nd wave to concide with winter illnesses?

no doubt Restrictions will be put in place again in winter. People need to have some resemblance of a life before then otherwise if they want to countinue like this with restrictions all summer then what will hit us will be worse later on as people will simply not stay like this for 6/7 months
I find it amusing how any talk of a second wave is being suppressed, especially in the USA.

they really are trying to play it down but you can tell that what they’re NOT saying is louder than what they are.....

Are you worried about autumn??

NOOOOO, not all all, we’re the best country in the world!!!!

so why are we still making ventilators..

*looks awkward*
trump - because we’re the king of ventilators

even interviews suggesting a second strain coinciding with the flu will be hard to handle are being played down.

he’s asked a question about it...

I closed the border long before........”

shut up trump. But obviously don’t because these press conferences are GOLD!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was up at 3am thinking about it all.
I’m a key worker & we are really struggling at work as we have so many staff off self isolating as they have asthma etc, now we know social distancing is going to be in place for the rest of the year I am wondering if they are all going to be off until a vaccine is available. This isn’t a dig at them I just worry as the staff that are left are close to burnout 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I had a wobble yesterday and ended up dying my bleached blonde hair bright pink. I look like a troll now 😂 still, passed some time in lockdown.

hoping my Whitty mug arrives today ❤

Its like the stages of grief, one moment I’m fine and accepting, one minute I’m sobbing and the next I’m doing mad things like cooking Xmas dinner and dying hair.....at least I stayed away from the scissors I suppose!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Just read this....
20200423_101013.jpg

But then they're allowing this🤔.

You are allowed to bring your children and other members of your household to our stores, but we ask that you keep this to a minimum to help us maintain social distancing advice.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Just read this....
View attachment 115090

You are allowed to bring your children and other members of your household to our stores, but we ask that you keep this to a minimum to help us maintain social distancing advice.
“you break it you buy it”

is now

“you breathe on it you buy it”

• Haha
Reactions: 22
From a work perspective working in government, we are being told lockdown lifting to start from the 1st June. Football to start from the 6th June behind closed doors.

Reactions: 3
Just read this....
View attachment 115090

Some of these ‘new rules’ really make me laugh at the thought that people don’t already follow them. Why would you touch something you don’t want to buy anyway??😂
It’s like when the whole hand washing thing came out and some people were amazed that they should wash their hands before eating and after going to the bathroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
From a work perspective working in government, we are being told lockdown lifting to start from the 1st June. Football to start from the 6th June behind closed doors.
What can we expect?

I’m sick of them telling us we aren’t there yet. The peak was supposed to be 2/3 weeks after lockdown and here we are at the end of week 5.
The shops and roads are busier than ever and my neighbours have people visiting everyday.. We will never come out of it at this rate. I suspect the government don’t care as they want a proportion of us to get it.

Reactions: 4
I find it amusing how any talk of a second wave is being suppressed, especially in the USA.

they really are trying to play it down but you can tell that what they’re NOT saying is louder than what they are.....

Are you worried about autumn??

NOOOOO, not all all, we’re the best country in the world!!!!

so why are we still making ventilators..

*looks awkward*
trump - because we’re the king of ventilators

even interviews suggesting a second strain coinciding with the flu will be hard to handle are being played down.

he’s asked a question about it...

I closed the border long before........”

shut up trump. But obviously don’t because these press conferences are GOLD!
He has to see the 🌲 that melania and himself planted “grow up “ you know the one to celebrate World Earth Day 😅 while he’s counting the branches we’re counting ⚰ ⚰ ⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰ His ratings 😬

So restrictions are being lifted from the 1st June?

When will this be announced officially?

What can we expect?

I’m sick of them telling us we aren’t there yet. The peak was supposed to be 2/3 weeks after lockdown and here we are at the end of week 5.
The shops and roads are busier than ever and my neighbours have people visiting everyday.. We will never come out of it at this rate. I suspect the government don’t care as they want a proportion of us to get it.
We were never going to be back to ormla after 3 weeks though. Not when they are preparing to pay 80% of people's wages for 3 months as a minimum.

I'm not sure they can accurately give a detailed programme of opening things so far in advance. Even following other countries guidance, its all still pretty much the blond leaking the blind.

Reactions: 9
What can we expect?

This is the “New World “ we will never return to what we had .people are going to have to learn a new way of doing things I still can’t believe people think this “will be over “ in a few weeks/months this is just the beginning ..of life as we’re going to know it ..

Reactions: 17
I've had an email from work (local government) saying we will not be opening and non essential services until AT LEAST June. This includes cafes, sports centres, gyms, museums, theatres and tourist info.
I'm assuming these will be the last places to open.
I doubt schools will be re opening this academic year. And I think they will be lucky if they re open completely in September.
We are just living one day at a time in our house. Daughters bday party had been cancelled (in June, at local swimming pool).
Were ment to be in Cornwall in mid July, doubt that will happen.
I know its frustrating but it's out of everyones control. Just take it one day at a time and try to enjoy your time off.

Reactions: 16
No idea on the detail but government are telling specific sectors messages to get ready, construction as of last week have been told to get mobilised and back on site next week (and they are). Football have been told restrictions to start be lifted from the 1st June, so therefore football to restart 6th June behind closed doors.

All very hush hush, with no overall picture 🤯

• Wow
I see that Jenny Harries deputy CMO also had Coronavirus and was off for 10 days but it was quite mild, that’s why we sdisnt see her for a while. She was on Lorraine this morning

Reactions: 6
I had a wobble yesterday and ended up dying my bleached blonde hair bright pink. I look like a troll now 😂 still, passed some time in lockdown.

hoping my Whitty mug arrives today ❤

Its like the stages of grief, one moment I’m fine and accepting, one minute I’m sobbing and the next I’m doing mad things like cooking Xmas dinner and dying hair.....at least I stayed away from the scissors I suppose!
The hair thing...I did it last weekend.

Supposedly rose - it actually turned out like a highlighter! 😂

• Haha
No idea on the detail but government are telling specific sectors messages to get ready, construction as of last week have been told to get mobilised and back on site next week (and they are). Football have been told restrictions to start be lifted from the 1st June, so therefore football to restart 6th June behind closed doors.

All very hush hush, with no overall picture 🤯
I agree. As my last post saying I work for local government. It's only mid manager level so I'm not getting exclusive info. We have had an email saying we opening certain facilities until AT LEAST June (including swimming pools). The next day I had a email from the swimming lesson team, saying they will be letting people know every 3 weeks when they lessons will be restarting (Local government pool).
Like wtf? You know it wont be till at least June?!

Also I think IF football games go ahead it will be live streamed? Surely they wont allow thousands up on thousands into the stadiums.

Reactions: 2
Some of these ‘new rules’ really make me laugh at the thought that people don’t already follow them. Why would you touch something you don’t want to buy anyway??😂
It’s like when the whole hand washing thing came out and some people were amazed that they should wash their hands before eating and after going to the bathroom.
I have to touch basically everything to read the nutrition label and find out about allergies. It’s pretty normal?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just read this....
View attachment 115090

What do you expect single parents to do with their children? I'm sure people would rather not bring their family members into the store but many people have no choice if the other parent works away/ isn't involved. Im lucky that I have a few delivery slots booked but if I didn't I'd need to take my child with me as can't even leave him at grandparents. My partner works away for weeks at a time.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.