Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never said he'd been on holiday but he was quick enough to put out a video message thanking the NHS so why not a quick message to his nation? It was always stated that he was in icu as a precaution and he was never ventilated. I'm not saying he wasnt ill but it's about time he let his people know that he is still around
He did address us as well in the speech whilst thanking the nhs.
I just sometimes think no matter what he does he can’t win with some people.

just because they said it wasn’t serious and a precaution Doesn’t make it true. You don’t go into icu for no reason and have two nurses watching over you every minute for 48 hours unless your seriously ill

the nurse from
New Zealand who he thanked has said that he absolutely needed to be in intensive care not because he’s the PM but because he was seriously ill

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't believe some people are excited to see Bumbling Boris back😂😂. He's just a puppet really, it's the people behind the scenes that tell him what to say etc, and even then he usually cocks it all up and bumbles his way out of it😂😂😂. He's about as much use as Trump🙄
Oh for sure. I couldn’t care less about him being around- but there’s a decent amount of people who probably trust his word more than others because he’s a recognisable figure.
His complete silence is just very odd to me. Nobody even seems to be mentioning him.

Reactions: 3
Everything about it ! where it came from ,how it affects people ,cure ,vaccine ,tests that don't work ,fatalities, how long it survives outside of the body ,how it mutates ,why it can survive in -30+ conditions but a bit of warm soapy water is supposed to kill it !..UNKNOWN>>UNKNOWN
It takes years and years to be certain of these answers. Most vaccines take over 10 years before they are released.

It’s no a simple process to test such a virus and be able to be certain on all the answers. This virus has only been know for a matter of 5 months, that’s nothing in scientific time.

I think it’s more of a case of no ones know rather than a cover up. This has never happened before in our lifetime so there is no rule book.

Reactions: 6
I can't believe some people are excited to see Bumbling Boris back😂😂. He's just a puppet really, it's the people behind the scenes that tell him what to say etc, and even then he usually cocks it all up and bumbles his way out of it😂😂😂. He's about as much use as Trump🙄
I get that but he is our leader when it comes down to it. Whether he’s actually running the show or not he’s the figurehead and a lot of people (not necessarily me) might have gotten some comfort from seeing him. I dunno, the radio silence from him just seems odd to me.

Reactions: 2
I agree with the nhs coping but it’s a false sense of security . They argue that there are thousands of spare critical beds but yea that’s because we have cancelled all routine surgeries that automatically get a iccu bed for the first night . Surgeries and routine procedures need to restart so we can see if the NHS can cope
Why can’t all if not most of Covid patients be put into these temporary hospitals? Free up beds in the main hospitals and slowly bring routine surgeries and procedures back?

I was just always under the impression that we were going into lockdown to protect the NHS, as far as I’m aware all the hospitals are coping well and even if they weren’t, temporary hospitals have been built for Covid patients. Vulnerable people are being asked to stay home and the rest of us should be able to carry on whilst practicing social distancing.
If restrictions are just lifted then who’s to say the hospitals won’t be swamped in 2 weeks. We’ll be back to square one and the whole lockdown will be a waste of time.

i think they need to lift them slowly over the next few weeks/months. I am certainly not ready for them to be lifted.

Reactions: 9
I don’t see the harm in keeping lockdown for at least a few more weeks. We’ve managed this far so we might as well keep it up as long as we can to ensure we aren’t swamped with cases.
I don’t understand the rush.

Reactions: 12
I partly want them to lift it just so the people who were saying we were going to be in lockdown until 2021 and schools wouldn't be back this year and our lives will never be the same again can eat their scaremongering words 😂

I get we can't do it too soon just sick of all the arm chair experts who give their opinions on how it 'won't be lifted anytime soon' as facts.

On another note, just went for a run and the local park was the same level of busy as it used to be, so looks like people are flouting it anyway, loads of picnics etc.

• Haha
Why can’t all if not most of Covid patients be put into these temporary hospitals? Free up beds in the main hospitals and slowly bring routine surgeries and procedures back?
There isn’t the staff to run the new hospitals alone side regular NHS services.

Reactions: 5
I was just always under the impression that we were going into lockdown to protect the NHS, as far as I’m aware all the hospitals are coping well and even if they weren’t, temporary hospitals have been built for Covid patients. Vulnerable people are being asked to stay home and the rest of us should be able to carry on whilst practicing social distancing.
what is the RO in the U.K. right now?
That should give a good indication on whether restrictions should be eased?

Things I have learned today:

1. Even in lockdown, life is too short to zest a lemon.
2. Don’t even get me started on limes...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
It takes years and years to be certain of these answers. Most vaccines take over 10 years before they are released.

It’s no a simple process to test such a virus and be able to be certain on all the answers. This virus has only been know for a matter of 5 months, that’s nothing in scientific time.

I think it’s more of a case of no ones know rather than a cover up. This has never happened before in our lifetime so there is no rule book.
yes ! I didn't say it was a cover up I said it was an unknown...

Reactions: 1
If restrictions are just lifted then who’s to say the hospitals won’t be swamped in 2 weeks. We’ll be back to square one and the whole lockdown will be a waste of time.

i think they need to lift them slowly over the next few weeks/months. I am certainly not ready for them to be lifted.
They weren’t swamped in the months before lockdown when it was being spread 🤷🏻‍♀️ And yes I agree do it slowly.

There isn’t the staff to run the new hospitals alone side regular NHS services.
Sorry, I'm confused and it doesn't take much! Why spend money on new hospitals it there isn't the staff to run them if/when we need them?

Reactions: 1
I agree with the nhs coping but it’s a false sense of security . They argue that there are thousands of spare critical beds but yea that’s because we have cancelled all routine surgeries that automatically get a iccu bed for the first night . Surgeries and routine procedures need to restart so we can see if the NHS can cope
Where I work one of the surgical wards has been turned into an ICU. Theatre recovery is an ICU. Majority of theatre staff have been redeployed and trained to ICU. A lot of the wards have closed and ‘respiratory’ wards and palliative care wards opened. Of those wards that are open most have covid patients.

So yes the NHS is coping, but it’s not functioning as it should be.

Our cancer numbers have significantly dropped, so there’s clearly lots of people sat at home not doing anything about their lumps and bumps.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Raab is just after saying the restrictions will not be eased it's too early...He was on the radio just now..He said it will be a long process...

Reactions: 4
Hey everyone? How are we all doing? I’m the ICU deputy sister who got admitted with the virus blah blah.

I have ended up having 4 weeks off work, and got readmitted during that time with another asthma attack. I’m now on a lot more medication but feeling a lot better. My hospital is practically empty with closed wards; this is great, but it means a lot of bank staff are now without work. I worry a lot about my friends who have gone from 60hrs a week to 0.

my other worry is childcare with all of this; husband works in IT and is working from home. I’ve asked for my shifts to be changed, but my work has refused. My matron (the one who refused for me to be self isolated!) has asked for my husband to be furlowed and I return to work full time. He’s the main breadwinner! I’m back at work tomorrow, so I’m having a meeting and my return to work🙄

Where I work one of the surgical wards has been turned into an ICU. Theatre recovery is an ICU. Majority of theatre staff have been redeployed and trained to ICU. A lot of the wards have closed and ‘respiratory’ wards and palliative care wards opened. Of those wards that are open most have covid patients.

So yes the NHS is coping, but it’s not functioning as it should be.

Our cancer numbers have significantly dropped, so there’s clearly lots of people sat at home not doing anything about their lumps and bumps.
same in our hospital. Where are all the heart attacks??!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.