Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because the population of the uk is an actually figure

the amount of people that have had it is wildly inaccurate. Lots of people just stayed home and got through it so there will he thousands and thousands of unreported cases
Sure, if the person finds it interesting then fair enough. I just don’t see what it shows as it isn’t a used metric.
Also it was posted in response to someone stating the current case fatality rate, which makes it look like it’s linking it to that in some way.

Reactions: 2
Good to see it's a lovely peaceful Sunday morning so far 😌.........All I'll say is you'll never work out the answer ,if you don't know the question in the first place...🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh I am sorry I must have misheard trump then. My mistake, must get out the disinfectant and my syringe.
Do you usually take everything Trump says seriously? And particularly for us in the uk?
Maybe that is your problem.

Reactions: 2
Do you usually take everything Trump says seriously? And particularly for us in the uk?
No I was being sarcastic but it goes to show you that people in power to spout tit and that there are people out there who do and will listen. Boris said after three week the lockdown would probably be lifted and people took that literal, hence why they were all out on force when the time given was up despite the fact is was lengthened. People thought what he said at the start was it and stuck by it. The government have been telling us one thing and then changing it but not be clear resulting in people doing as they please.

Also you cheeky mare I am from the UK. Born and bred so perhaps not jumping to conclusions about people would help you. I stated trump because he was a good example of someone in power spreading false hope.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel the press conferences should have handled the
“when/how lockdown will be lifted” questions with a

NO,
NO COMMENT,
NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION YET.

The media have been pushing for an exit strategy from the day we went into lockdown,
Just shut the conversation down until closer to the time!
the vague, confused half arsed replies have done more harm than good, allowing speculation has done more harm than good.

Also, Where the duck is Boris 🤣
Boris? Boris? Who the f*** is Boris

• Haha
Reactions: 8
You can't complain about unknowns and insist we are kept in the dark in other ways though.

Realistically, we are probably coming out of lockdown pretty soon in the scheme of things so i think they could paint a picture of what that might look like - if anything to help morale a little.
from day one people have been pushing for a date to return to “normal”

it’s not realistic!!!!! We’ve had 4/5 weeks of “when, when, when” not a few days,

and the answer should have been.... not yet, and we’re not discussing it until nearer the time, when you will hear it from us, not Facebook and the daily mail.

as soon as relaxing restrictions was mentioned people took it upon themselves to relax them 😐

Boris? Boris? Who the f*** is Boris
Im about to do a Boris and go hide in a bleeping fridge rather then read (or take part in!) arguments about nothing today 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I feel the press conferences should have handled the
“when/how lockdown will be lifted” questions with a

NO,
NO COMMENT,
NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION YET.

The media have been pushing for an exit strategy from the day we went into lockdown,
Just shut the conversation down until closer to the time!
the vague, confused half arsed replies have done more harm than good, allowing speculation has done more harm than good.

Also, Where the duck is Boris 🤣
He's RARING to go I believe😏.....also why do my comments have such an affect 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m pretty sure boris never said lockdown would be lifted after 3 weeks though, the wording was always that it would be reviewed.

No I was being sarcastic but it goes to show you that people in power to spout tit and that there are people out there who do and will listen. Boris said after three week the lockdown would probably be lifted and people took that literal, hence why they were all out on force when the time given was up despite the fact is was lengthened. People thought what he said at the start was it and stuck by it. The government have been telling us one thing and then changing it but not be clear resulting in people doing as they please.

Also you cheeky mare I am from the UK. Born and bred so perhaps not jumping to conclusions about people would help you. I stated trump because he was a good example of someone in power spreading false hope.
Also relax I didn’t jump to conclusions that you weren’t from the UK, I assumed you were which is exactly why I asked why you would listen to Trump. What trump says is irrelevant to us. He is a moron and if the US voted him in then they have to deal with it. My point was just that in the UK we have never been told everything is going back to normal soon. Unfortunately that won’t be happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I’m pretty sure boris never said lockdown would be lifted after 3 weeks though, the wording was always that it would be reviewed.

Also relax I didn’t jump to conclusions that you weren’t from the UK, I assumed you were which is exactly why I asked why you would listen to Trump. What trump says is irrelevant to us. He is a moron and if the US voted him in then they have to deal with it.
when did Boris last do an update or answer questions??

Reactions: 6
Exactly what I was about to say. The only mention of ‘three weeks’ was at the very end of the broadcast, just as @hnoz said, saying that the situation would be reviewed in three weeks .
There was never any suggestion of how long - because no one has ever been able to say for sure and it would be foolish to try

Reactions: 6
Sure, if the person finds it interesting then fair enough. I just don’t see what it shows as it isn’t a used metric.
Also it was posted in response to someone stating the current case fatality rate, which makes it look like it’s linking it to that in some way.
It's not a used metric? Do you mean by the government and the press? Why is that do you think?
Currently 0.002% of the world's population have died as a result of COVID-19. How is that not helpful to know?
Out of 66 million people in the UK, how many people do you suspect, have been infected?

Reactions: 3
Exactly what I was about to say. The only mention of ‘three weeks’ was at the very end of the broadcast, just as @hnoz said, saying that the situation would be reviewed in three weeks .
There was never any suggestion of how long - because no one has ever been able to say for sure and it would be foolish to try
which is exactly why they shouldn’t be taking questions from the press about when schools might reopen, when hairdressers can go back, when pubs might reopen.

3 weeks ago there was a “suggestion” from the minister of health in Ireland that schools might go back for one day a week 🤷‍♀️ Because a journalist asked if that was a possibility, he answered it might be because it would be good for their mental health.

And the public ran with it!!!

my point is, and still is, there should be a ban on these questions and this type of speculation until a plan is set.
And these questions should not have started 2/3 weeks ago because the public then started setting their own terms to lockdown.

Reactions: 10
from day one people have been pushing for a date to return to “normal”

it’s not realistic!!!!! We’ve had 4/5 weeks of “when, when, when” not a few days,

and the answer should have been.... not yet, and we’re not discussing it until nearer the time, when you will hear it from us, not Facebook and the daily mail.

as soon as relaxing restrictions was mentioned people took it upon themselves to relax them 😐
You nailed it on the head.

Also relax I didn’t jump to conclusions that you weren’t from the UK, I assumed you were which is exactly why I asked why you would listen to Trump. What trump says is irrelevant to us. He is a moron and if the US voted him in then they have to deal with it. My point was just that in the UK we have never been told everything is going back to normal soon. Unfortunately that won’t be happening.
That in itself is creating false hope and I am sorry for getting uppity, it felt like an unneccesary dig. By stating things will go back to normal soon it leading people to believe this has an end date. People are frightened for their health, their families and everything else so a glimmer of hope no matter how small in something someone says they will Cling too. He needs to be brutal and tell people this is it until stated otherwise then people will know how to act and prepare themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
You nailed it on the head.

That in itself is creating false hope and I am sorry for getting uppity, it felt like an unneccesary dig. By stating things will go back to normal soon it leading people to believe this has an end date. People are frightened for their health, their families and everything else so a glimmer of hope no matter how small in something someone says they will Cling too. He needs to be brutal and tell people this is it until stated otherwise then people will know how to act and prepare themselves.
When I said that yesterday you were the very person shot me down....did I not say people deserve the truth ,no more "pussy footing" about 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.