Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Raab is just after saying the restrictions will not be eased it's too early...He was on the radio just now..He said it will be a long process...
Still being eased at some point soon though so let's look at the positives! Bit by bit we will get some freedom in the not too distant future 😊

Reactions: 4
Sorry, I'm confused and it doesn't take much! Why spend money on new hospitals it there isn't the staff to run them if/when we need them?
You can’t just staff a 400 to 5000 capacity hospital like the London nightingale and all the others that quickly. They are recruiting new staff, they are recruiting staff who have retired but it is a logistical nightmare and takes time. They can’t facilitate running the emergency covid hospitals along side all normal services yet. Maybe by the time the second wave is predicted later in the year. The London one has already been turning away patients due to staffing.

Reactions: 3
The way I see it, if you're following guidelines then you are supporting the NHS staff. Anyone can clap every week but imo it's better to be not getting infected or infecting others. THAT actually helps the NHS.

Hope that makes you feel a bit better☺
I bet there’s loads of hypocrites out there... moaning that people that aren’t out on the streets clapping but not social distancing and going out to the shops in packets! That really does my head in! Or wearing bleeping gloves while out shopping and then tossing them in the street *grrrrrrrrrr*

Reactions: 8
Hey everyone? How are we all doing? I’m the ICU deputy sister who got admitted with the virus blah blah.

I have ended up having 4 weeks off work, and got readmitted during that time with another asthma attack. I’m now on a lot more medication but feeling a lot better. My hospital is practically empty with closed wards; this is great, but it means a lot of bank staff are now without work. I worry a lot about my friends who have gone from 60hrs a week to 0.

my other worry is childcare with all of this; husband works in IT and is working from home. I’ve asked for my shifts to be changed, but my work has refused. My matron (the one who refused for me to be self isolated!) has asked for my husband to be furlowed and I return to work full time. He’s the main breadwinner! I’m back at work tomorrow, so I’m having a meeting and my return to work🙄

same in our hospital. Where are all the heart attacks??!
Our hospital has brought in outside childcares. It’s only 6.45am to 7.45pmso works for people working long days - as long as they get off work in time! Not much use for anyone else. The trust are paying for it with no cost to parents

Reactions: 1
Our hospital has brought in outside childcares. It’s only 6.45am to 7.45pmso works for people working long days - as long as they get off work in time! Not much use for anyone else. The trust are paying for it with no cost to parents
OH MY GOD. That’s amazing!!! Our little ones nursery has closed, grandparents are self isolating so we are stuck.

Sorry, I'm confused and it doesn't take much! Why spend money on new hospitals it there isn't the staff to run them if/when we need them?
They are using nurses from other areas to work in the Covid wards currently... so if those nurses went back to their main role they would be short on Covid wards. Etc

I bet there’s loads of hypocrites out there... moaning that people that aren’t out on the streets clapping but not social distancing and going out to the shops in packets! That really does my head in! Or wearing bleeping gloves while out shopping and then tossing them in the street *grrrrrrrrrr*
Yes!! Why do so many people wear gloves in the first place and then throw them all over the street? It’s so bloody disgusting.

Reactions: 7
Hey everyone? How are we all doing? I’m the ICU deputy sister who got admitted with the virus blah blah.
I have ended up having 4 weeks off work, and got readmitted during that time with another asthma attack. I’m now on a lot more medication but feeling a lot better. My hospital is practically empty with closed wards; this is great, but it means a lot of bank staff are now without work. I worry a lot about my friends who have gone from 60hrs a week to 0.
my other worry is childcare with all of this; husband works in IT and is working from home. I’ve asked for my shifts to be changed, but my work has refused. My matron (the one who refused for me to be self isolated!) has asked for my husband to be furlowed and I return to work full time. He’s the main breadwinner! I’m back at work tomorrow, so I’m having a meeting and my return to work🙄
same in our hospital. Where are all the heart attacks??!
My husband was due to have an angiogram after an abnormal heart scan, but obviously that’s now on hold.
The only saving grace is that he is at home rather than working so there is less strain on his heart right now.
Perhaps that’s why there are less heart attacks because people are relaxing more - I don’t know, I’m not a doctor.

Yes!! Why do so many people wear gloves in the first place and then throw them all over the street? It’s so bloody disgusting.
Someone had put a used hand wipe or something in a trolley I got the other day. Think about their own health but screw every one else?
they seem to forget that other people having it means it can get passed to them.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I hope it's extended another 3 weeks although some acting like it won't be.
Weather's meant to turn this week.

We don't know true stats how many in UK currently affected.
We don't know for sure who's had it.
The death stats don't always include community deaths or care home for all we know 30k people might have died.

I don't know what to do about schools I at least sept.
Can't see easy quick way out of this situation.

Reactions: 5
Our cancer numbers have significantly dropped, so there’s clearly lots of people sat at home not doing anything about their lumps and bumps.
My first mammogram has been postponed. Am not overly worried but it will just be my luck that I'll be in a 'if it had been caught sooner' scenario.

• Sad
I think the drs should open up with appointments but people have to wait outside like a Tesco's around the time of their appointment and given a text code that people can show to show their appointment and time.
Little bit different but my midwife is based in my drs and this is what they're doing, only 2 people aloud in at one time so you knock to let them know your there and then wait outside until you can go in, we have to leave by the fire exit too to avoid going past other people, although it ends up the same way round the front so seems a bit pointless but I presumed that's what was happening for drs too if you really needed an appointment

I think the drs should open up with appointments but people have to wait outside like a Tesco's around the time of their appointment and given a text code that people can show to show their appointment and time.
Our GP surgery are still seeing patients that need to be seen. You check in via a window in the porch area, then wait outside or in your car, they text when you can go in.

I'll be honest apart from seeing my family and friends Im used to this corona life now. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.