Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I moved to my area a few weeks before this all started and hadn’t yet been registered at my doctors. Such a stress knowing that if I get ill I’m not even registered here😩
Can you not just register over the phone. Two of my friends work at drs surgeries and both say they are not busy at all.

Can you not just register over the phone. Two of my friends work at drs surgeries and both say they are not busy at all.
Yes, you can register over the phone. My husband had to do it this way a few weeks ago. Sometime on their website there is a form you can fill out too.

Yes, you can register over the phone. My husband had to do it this way a few weeks ago. Sometime on their website there is a form you can fill out too.
Amazing. Thank you both! I just assumed I wouldn’t be able to due to usually having to present 2 forms of ID. I’ll give them a call in the week.

Reactions: 2
Amazing. Thank you both! I just assumed I wouldn’t be able to due to usually having to present 2 forms of ID. I’ll give them a call in the week.
Even if they need Id you will probably be able to take pics on your phone and email it them. Get it done, one less thing to worry about x

Reactions: 3
Slightly off topic but I had my smear test appt reminder come through bad timing just before lockdown and when I called the docs to book it the miserable receptionist she said they’re not doing any routine screening and to call back end of may!!. I’m panicking!! It’s now end of April and we’re still in effin lockdown...
I have pernicious anaemia and need b12 injections every 3 months. I was due a month ago but nurse called and said they would not be doing them for the foreseeable future possibly 6 to 9 months! I'm taking a supplement instead but I know it's not enough.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
You think it will start to kill over 35% of people who get it?!

Edit: current figures worldwide show around a 1-3% death rate, so it would be quite a jump!

Last edited:
My doctors are telephone only at the moment but if you need to be seen they arrange an appointment for you. I was talking to the practice nurse who sent antibiotics to the pharmacy for me and I was told if they didn’t work I could go in for further test no problem.

I filled an online form in, they rang within 20 min and got me sorted.

Reactions: 1

Edit: current figures worldwide show around a 1-3% death rate, so it would be quite a jump!
I don't have a clue ! but who knows what way it will mutate as it moves through the population ,as everyone seems to have different symptoms from it .Over 200,000 people in China is a lot in such a short time..

Reactions: 5

If you divide 20,000 by 66 million UK population you get 0.03%.

I'm starting to wonder if we will ever learn what the actual figures are 🤔

Reactions: 7
Having the doctors open would be a huge help. I was in excruciating pain had to phone 111 very early hours and was told to phone GP in the morning.

Phoned through and was diagnosed over the phone with kidney stones and given antibiotics.

I'm still not feeling too great it really would have helped to have been seen.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Having the doctors open would be a huge help. I was in excruciating pain had to phone 111 very early hours and was told to phone GP in the morning.

Phoned through and was diagnosed over the phone with kidney stones and given antibiotics.

I'm still not feeling too great it really would have helped to have been seen.
Hope you start to feel better soon xx

• Heart
Their saying 100,000 could die if lockdown is lifted too soon....letting the young back to work "is not viable"..

Reactions: 4
Their saying 100,000 could die if lockdown is lifted too soon....letting the young back to work "is not viable"..
But surely the lockdown wasnt to slow the transmission of the virus and to try and kill it off , it was to make sure the NHS had capacity to cope with it

Reactions: 8
I just got called a miserable bleep because I called someone an idiot for posting on their Instagram story videos of the party they had with friends last night (they don't live together)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Exactly, i was just quoting the confirmed figures of people who have had coronvirus versus deaths world wide.

Obviously compared with the entire population it would be much lower. Realistically we willl be let out very soon and that will rise but i very much doubt it would ever get to 35% to become 'the deadliest coronavirus ever'as the other poster said unless it mutates considerably...

What is the benefit in comparing the current death numbers to the total uk pop? Surely it is more useful look at the death rate is comparing it to the actual case numbers of the virus.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
No matter when we come out if this there will be infection, but we need to make sure the infection remains at a plateau, if we just come out all guns blazing the numbers will shoot back up and the whole lockdown would have been completely pointless. We need to either get enough natural immunity built as well as a vaccine to fight this properly. Anything else will just shoot the numbers back up.

But surely the lockdown wasnt to slow the transmission of the virus and to try and kill it off , it was to make sure the NHS had capacity to cope with it
Like I said before I think they know more than their letting on ...It's time to tell people the truth IMO..Things are getting more and more confusing and not adding up..Something doesn't "sit right" 🤷‍♀️

What is the benefit in comparing the current death numbers to the total uk pop? Surely it is more useful look at the death rate is comparing it to the actual case numbers of the virus.
No one knows the actual case numbers it's all conjecture the lot of it !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.