Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am still sceptical they can come up with decent vaccine especially as different strains and it keeps mutating.

I don't think the media know what's happening they keep using other countries as example but but they not a decent like for like example as they lass testing and tracing .
I think we are sitting back and watching countries that are now loosening their Lock down.
Correct me if I'm wrong I. Sure they said when we went into Lock down initially that will take 3 weeks to show any benefits so logically that's same in reverse.
Will take over 3 weeks to see if Germany/ Denmark's cases to increase again.

I do think people are becoming more relaxed.
Standing close to neighbours and family I front garden.
Some street kids playing together.
Groups of teens out and about.
Still seeing lots elderly shopping

Lots tradepeople/ construction appear to be going back to work.
No pub, cafes or salons here.
Our city had fairly low level of cases.
But I suspect that's due to lack testing.

Seems be no need nightingale yet.
I'm still unsure we at the peak.
Deaths sunday/ Monday always low

Reactions: 1
I worked there for 6 years and nothing he did regarding tax or vat was legal. Had a very flash lifestyle and still does
Karma will be a witch you don’t get away with stuff like that for long especially if your treating your staff badly id imagine

The weathers making a turn for the worse. Basically rain for the next two weeks at least 😔.
Might keep people in abit more but weve been outside at least 5 hours a day since lock down. My kids even got a tan line where her socks have been 😂

Reactions: 5
100% agree. People are over reacting and mental health experts are going to have to deal with so much after this.

The amount of gobshites wearing masks that aren't even surgical masks 🙄🙄 and wearing them when they don't even have any symptoms or a cold so what's the point of wearing them unless you where told to by a physician for whatever personal reason !!

I work in HC so change my clothes when I get him from work incase my mam is in the house as she has an underlying illness. I'd say change your clothes if you where sitting on public transport or in a hospital etc otherwise no.

And use soap cause again dermatology are gonna be busy lol. Saw a patient the other day who's hands looked like she had eczema from using it so much !
Actually you don’t need to wear a surgical grade mask and you shouldn’t as the general public, that would take resources away from people that need that level of protection . And wearing them when you don’t have symptoms is probably one of the most helpful times to wear them as many people are asymptotic and there is a long incubation period for the virus.
You should really know that working in healthcare.

They are mandatory in a lot of countries and I can see the uk following and making them a requirement for public transport.

Reactions: 9
I can assure you it doesn't. 24 hours clear of a temp and 48 hours clear of sickness and Diarrhea is standard across the board. We are also consistently Outstanding with Ofsted and consistently 5 stars with regards to food hygiene and hygiene practice.

We follow the advice as laid out by the NHS and Healty and Safety Executive.

Outside of the pandemic, if a child has a temp, parents are called and asked if they can be given calpol and to collect their child. Sickness or loose nappy, they have to collect immediately. Temp they can return within 24 hours as long as they haven't had a temp since leaving nursery, sickness and loose nappies, no return till 48 hours clear.

We get more complaints that we don't hold onto a child once theyve had calpol and their temperature has dropped.

Nurseries in our area are give calpol, if temp drops they can stay and calpol can be given every 4 hours until parents come.

But thank you for saying our policies are not good enough 😊
And Government guidelines state to self isolate for 7 days with a cough OR fever?!

Reactions: 3
I am still sceptical they can come up with decent vaccine especially as different strains and it keeps mutating.

I don't think the media know what's happening they keep using other countries as example but but they not a decent like for like example as they lass testing and tracing .
I think we are sitting back and watching countries that are now loosening their Lock down.
Correct me if I'm wrong I. Sure they said when we went into Lock down initially that will take 3 weeks to show any benefits so logically that's same in reverse.
Will take over 3 weeks to see if Germany/ Denmark's cases to increase again.

I do think people are becoming more relaxed.
Standing close to neighbours and family I front garden.
Some street kids playing together.
Groups of teens out and about.
Still seeing lots elderly shopping

Lots tradepeople/ construction appear to be going back to work.
No pub, cafes or salons here.
Our city had fairly low level of cases.
But I suspect that's due to lack testing.

Seems be no need nightingale yet.
I'm still unsure we at the peak.
Deaths sunday/ Monday always low
We have passed the “peak”, really it’s more of a surge as it will go up and down for the next year but the peak refers to new infections not deaths. We have peaked in terms of infections due to the lockdown but the deaths take a while after to come down so don’t worry, unfortunately they are still expected to be high at this stage.

Why is that? Sorry i have no idea about North Koreas situation/politics 😂
So glad you asked. I know everything there is to know about all that; I‘m practically an expert, but I leave it to someone else to show off their knowledge because I’m generous like that 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Slightly off topic but I had my smear test appt reminder come through bad timing just before lockdown and when I called the docs to book it the miserable receptionist she said they’re not doing any routine screening and to call back end of may!!. I’m panicking!! It’s now end of April and we’re still in effin lockdown...

Slightly off topic but I had my smear test appt reminder come through bad timing just before lockdown and when I called the docs to book it the miserable receptionist she said they’re not doing any routine screening and to call back end of may!!. I’m panicking!! It’s now end of April and we’re still in effin lockdown...
I've been having worries about mine. Mine was due this month but I've had no reminder. My results showed up with something last time too, so I'm eager to have mine.

I've been having worries about mine. Mine was due this month but I've had no reminder. My results showed up with something last time too, so I'm eager to have mine.
Same. Mine was due beginning of March and they won't let me book it at all.
I have them yearly after having a scare a couple of years ago so it's giving me major anxiety not having this one done on time.

I have them yearly after having a scare a couple of years ago so it's giving me major anxiety not having this one done on time.
It's tit!! I'm really anxious to have mine too. God knows when they will start booking them in again!

Mine was due beginning of April. Had a text end of March saying book again for in 3 months. I havnt booked yet because I have no idea when I'll be "on".
Started using a tracker app so I'll ring up after a couple of cycles.

I think the drs should open up with appointments but people have to wait outside like a Tesco's around the time of their appointment and given a text code that people can show to show their appointment and time.

Me too. Had to have cells removed and it fills me with dread every time now and having to wait, it’s like a cruel joke. 😣

Mine was due beginning of April. Had a text end of March saying book again for in 3 months. I havnt booked yet because I have no idea when I'll be "on".
Started using a tracker app so I'll ring up after a couple of cycles.
That’s a good system you got. All I get is the moody woman in the docs when I ring. 😩

It's tit!! I'm really anxious to have mine too. God knows when they will start booking them in again!
It’s like a cruel joke. I know the NHS are slammed right now of course but it’s just the nature of this type of thing that makes you worry! It’s such a personal thing. 😣

Bless you. I’ve been there! It’s just something you don’t want to put off for too long ffs. It’s just bad timing 😔

I think the drs should open up with appointments but people have to wait outside like a Tesco's around the time of their appointment and given a text code that people can show to show their appointment and time.
Fingers crossed it’s not much longer, I’d be happy with that. I know resources are chock right now but it’s just poxy timing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
And Government guidelines state to self isolate for 7 days with a cough OR fever?!
I'm talking about the procedure PRIOR (before) to corona, not during corona. The poster before said even before corona our policy was wrong and it absolutely isn't. 24 hours exclusion for a temp and 48 for sickness/diarrhea.

Now Corona is here, our LA recommended we judge on an individual basis, e.g, if the child is unwell or whether its teething for example, either they have to leave within the hour. We've also been told we have too look at the whole picture, not just a raised temp and use our common sense. That's exactly what we are doing.

Hence why I was spat at by the parent for being difficult and making his life harder.

What the actually hell???!!!!
HOW is the pub able to be open when the govt closed all pubs? How can you socially distance in a salon???
This has really fucked me off. Again I ask again.... Huge supporter of the police, family members in the police so this isn't me being awkward/bitchy but what are they doing??? Why aren't their patrols?? Arrests?? Fines???

I get that there's less police on the streets (cheers Tory austerity cuts) but this is taking the piss now. Poland have had something like 370 deaths. Their police have been finding citizens and gave s £3000 fine to a man who went on a run in a beauty spot.
We had a message off WM Police shared that asked people to stop phoning in and making complaints about individuals and businesses that are open and that they will be dealt with in due course and that we shouldn't be working against each other in these times.

Saying that, crime hasn't dropped. There's been two hit and runs in a week, one of them causing the death of a 13 year old and the usual break ins and car thefts so the Police are busy!

Last edited:
Yes that right ! it's just that we've all been unfortunate enough that the most deadly fuckin strain ever ,has decided to rear it's ugly head during our and our children's lifetime :mad:
Actually MERS and SARS are coronaviruses with 10% and 35% death rates. Whilst covid19 is more contagious it is by no means the most deadly.

[/QUOTE]
I'd be more than happy to do this.

Reactions: 3
I'd be more than happy to do this.
[/QUOTE]
Our Doctor is open for telephone only? I just assumed they all were?

We now phone our GP. They ask what's up, if it's non corona we get triaged to a different surgery to be seen. Before entering, you get your temp taken. You have to wait outside to you are called in.

If you have any corona symptoms, you are triaged to a different surgery, temp recorded and go and see the Dr. If you display more than 3 things on their checklist, you are sent to Nightingale for observation,ess than 3 but more than 1 you've to isolate at home for 7/14 days as per guidelines.

We are being encouraged to use the GP as they don't want people becoming more ill because they haven't sought medical help when needed.

I moved to my area a few weeks before this all started and hadn’t yet been registered at my doctors. Such a stress knowing that if I get ill I’m not even registered here😩

Haven’t posted on this thread for a while.
last week we lost 2 blood relatives who died after being tested with covid19. Both in care homes, dementia and elderly. It’s incredibly sad of course and we as a family are grieving apart which is just horrendous.
Being one of those who has been impacted by covid, my thoughts now is that lockdown is worse than the virus itself. Let me explain...
My friend and neighbour down the road is miserable, her little boy is being her comforter and sits cuddling his mum whilst she just cries.
My colleague who lives alone is in the darkest depths of depression, we’re trying to get him to move in with his family, but he won’t listen, people are trying to speak to him through his letter box with grunts as a response. We thought about collectively getting him into a facility where he can be supported, ha, yeah no chance, mental health services are on skeleton staff. We’re expecting any day to hear he has taken his own life.
And whilst I’m incredibly sad at losing my relatives, they lived a wonderful life and were at the end of it, no one wants to say goodbye but this day always comes. But not being able to support our other elderly relatives who are at home alone and in pain with grief, that’s horrendous, truly awful. I know I’m in a minority with these thoughts and it could be grief, but I’m more scared at losing friends and colleagues who cannot cope. This is a truly horrible position to be in.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.