Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any update on holiday or future travel plans. We are supposed to be going to the Canaries in July but not sure if it's actually going to happen 🤷🏼‍♀️☹
I like to be optimistic but I really can’t see it happening. We’ve got a holiday booked in July as well to Barcelona then on to Italy. I’ve got myself into the way of thinking that we are not going. Although everywhere needs tourism income, many places are not back to normal every day life so the thought they will welcome holiday makers just doesn’t add up. I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: 7
I like to be optimistic but I really can’t see it happening. We’ve got a holiday booked in July as well to Barcelona then on to Italy. I’ve got myself into the way of thinking that we are not going. Although everywhere needs tourism income, many places are not back to normal every day life so the thought they will welcome holiday makers just doesn’t add up. I hope I’m wrong.
Yeh I know what you mean. When lockdown started I kinda gave up the diet but now I'm like 'tit... 2 months til holiday i best get back on it just in case '
If I've unnecessarily done myself out of wine and chocolate i wont be happy 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There’s a Sky outage here ffs as if it’s not boring enough 😵

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Does anyone have any update on holiday or future travel plans. We are supposed to be going to the Canaries in July but not sure if it's actually going to happen 🤷🏼‍♀️☹
My parents were meant to go away to Greece and then Croatia in summer, they have cancelled both. I don't think it will happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yeh I know what you mean. When lockdown started I kinda gave up the diet but now I'm like 'tit... 2 months til holiday i best get back on it just in case '
If I've unnecessarily done myself out of wine and chocolate i wont be happy 😆😆
Whatever you do the opposite will happen. Get on the wine and chocolate and it will be a good omen for your holiday 😂, you might just have to buy some new summer clothes. I’m of the thinking I don’t need to try and find a beach body as I’m not going anywhere, apart from the back garden !

Reactions: 6
Plus 25 million people in Oz compared to 66 million in UK.
Very true. The vast majority of Aus is bushland, though. And Sydney has nearly the same population as the whole of Scotland. I still think a figure of 74 to Scotland's thousand plus should make our government hang their heads.

Very true. The vast majority of Aus is bushland, though. And Sydney has nearly the same population as the whole of Scotland. I still think a figure of 74 to Scotland's thousand plus should make our government hang their heads.
Canada's numbers aren't high either compared to the UK/Europe and I think it is because the country is so spread out too. There is a lot of empty land in-between cities/provinces. For an example of how spread out Canada is. To drive 12 hours to see my inlaws would be 1,327km/827miles and from the top of the UK to the bottom, Jon O Groats to Brighton is 1,184km/735miles. The UK's land area is 242, 495km² and Canada's is 9.985 million km². The USA's is 9.834 million km² but they are way more populated at 328 million people and Canada's population is 37 million, and UK population is 66 million.

Our first case was recorded around the same time as the UK, February, Canada has 39,813 cases and the UK has 133,495. Our govt also implemented social distancing, schools closed, etc, earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
S
My Virgin Media Wifi and Vodafone 4G have been acting up for 2 days now!
sky has been the same from last weekend .But it’s completely gone now

Have they not advised against foreign travel until nxt year

• Sad
Reactions: 5
@monga Have you seen on Facebook bob&berts coffee shop are getting a load of angry comments for saying they're going to open the Portstewart shop for takeaway coffees/food? 🙈🙈

Reactions: 2
Canada's numbers aren't high either compared to the UK/Europe and I think it is because the country is so spread out too. There is a lot of empty land in-between cities/provinces. Our first case was recorded around the same time as the UK, February, Canada has 39,813 cases and the UK has 133,495. Our govt also implemented social distancing, schools closed, etc, earlier.
I absolutely believe our government were too slow to act. I've never wanted a lot of empty land around me more than now 😂

You know what I am here for...give me your Trump memes, please x 😘

Is he going to thank FIFA instead of FEMA again tonight?
Is he going to call a reporter pathetic or say ' I will get back to you on that/I'd like to look into that for you'?

I should have been going to a wedding at the end of May in Italy, but it's been re arranged now for next year. Supposed to be going to Center Parcs in July.... so no idea about that one.

Reactions: 2
my teenage daughters just announced shes that bored now with not being able to go out shes considered watching the lord of the rings trilogy 😂..she is not my child!

• Haha
The likelihood of having a coronavirus vaccine in the next calendar year is "incredibly small", England's chief medical officer has said. Prof Chris Whitty said people should be realistic about how long it would take for an effective Covid-19 treatment or vaccine to be developed.

As tit as it is,
I think we all need to accept this is going to be our life (on and off) for the next 12 months,
Especially if it’s true that the second wave in autumn will be worse than the first.

I don’t think anything will be “normal” until summer 2021.
But I’m a pessimist anyway.

edit:
Two cats in New York have become the first pets in the US to test positive, for the new coronavirus, officials said. The cats live in separate areas of New York state, the Department of Agriculture & the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention said in a joint statement.
Both had mild respiratory illness and are expected to make a full recovery," they said. The owner of one of the cats had earlier tested positive for the virus, before their pet started showing symptoms, according to the officials

Yelp. 😕 By “yelp” I mean “duck
Hope they’re ‘feline’ ok now.... don’t worry I’m going 😐

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I just can’t get excited about holidays yet because I know the chances are Im not going. In terms of going anywhere I’ve pretty much cancelled summer already.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.