Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah fair enough I just thought you meant we werent getting enough advice compared to other countries. I heard they are now reviewing the use of masks after saying there was no need to wear them. Its confusing.
No, simply that it's changing all the time and I think that it's only appropriate to say that people should be doing whatever they're comfortable with. I've read so much conflicting advice that I now take the bits I think are sensible and run 👍

Reactions: 1
No, simply that it's changing all the time and I think that it's only appropriate to say that people should be doing whatever they're comfortable with. I've read so much conflicting advice that I now take the bits I think are sensible and run 👍
I also get annoyed with businesses, like one of my nearest hairdressers that I posted earlier, who are opening because they are copying what Spain are doing.

Are we even comparable to Spain to copy?

I also get annoyed with businesses, like one of my nearest hairdressers that I posted earlier, who are opening because they are copying what Spain are doing.

Absolute madness. We've never seen a situation like this and it's completely bonkers to think that we're anywhere close to back to normality. Dangers the lot of 'em 🤯

I don’t like to complain... 😕

this is so true, I’m expecting to see one queuing outside Tesco with a bag for life and a coupon soon,
they‘re vicious little fucks who don‘t social distance

any sign of Boris yet!?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Children up until the age of 6 are exempt from wearing the mask.

Nope, we still can only see one person who is not part of our household and have to keep a distance. So unless you live with family, no family gatherings, which is something people criticize. You may go shopping for wallpaper but not visit family and friends.

I think they’ll probably lift that in May and you may be allowed to see a few more people but who knows.

oh, also Octoberfest is cancelled and at the same time, football games will resume (without anyone in the stadiums). That decision is also being criticized quite a bit.
Wallpaper catch catch or give you covid, a family member could...

I'd report them..they cannot possibly socially distance in a bloody hairdressers so they should not be open!!

My sister has heard from people she knows in the police that this is going on for ages. They said it might be weeks but it's likely to be a long time
What? Lockdown?

I read on the gov website that there was no need to clean packaging https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...or-consumers-on-coronavirus-covid-19-and-food
Sorry but I don't believe the govt..they should have locked down 3 weeks before they did... I'll clean my shopping and waste an hour if so... Better to be safe than sorry! Every other country and the WHO are saying wear face masks but no the UK - okay then.

The UK wanted herd immunity - ok then. 🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
You're in good company. I have trimmed my own hair. My 2 youngest's hair and my husband's hair. My eldest is keeping well clear of me at the moment 🤷‍♀️
Haha yes I did one of my children's hair. I tried to grade it using different length clipper guards. I failed. It looks bloody awful. The others ran away whilst I was enthusiastically waving the clippers around 😂. I will get you my pretties mwahahaha...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Just come on for a moan I thought yesterday was bad being sworn at in the supermarket but today is the pits. I live by the seaside and am lucky to have a roof top terrace. I’d just put my large wine outside and my fags (yes I know they are bad) anyway some bleeping seagull has just knocked my glass of wine over and flown off with 20 silk cut 🤬
omg this is so tragic 😓 I'd be so pisssed x

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I'd report them..they cannot possibly socially distance in a bloody hairdressers so they should not be open!!

What? Lockdown?

Sorry but I don't believe the govt..they should have locked down 3 weeks before they did... I'll clean my shopping and waste an hour if so... Better to be safe than sorry! Every other country and the WHO are saying wear face masks but no the UK - okay then.

Just wondering as this social distancing is to go on for years does that mean no hairdressers will be in business ...we'll all be going round like Freddie Boswell ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I saw these yesterday. They are so cute. I usually hate 'tat' (only my opinion of tat obviously, don't want to offend) but I screen shot them to purchase on pay day.
same here I’m not usually into stuff like this but as soon as I saw it I thought it was so lovely. Bought one to send to my mum

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you, I've read the site. I like to take the advice of a government that delayed lockdown and dithered over an initial herd immunity plan with a pinch of salt though 😉 Some of the Australian advice is interesting. I've got plenty of time on my hands for both scrubbing and reading at the moment.
What is the Aussie advice?

I’ve just had a look and can’t see anything on how to wash shopping on their gov site. It is interesting how they say “Australians over 70, or those over 60 with existing conditions are more susceptible”. Found it odd they didn’t say “people”. Do non Aussie people living there not count?

B48AA75C-576F-49E5-BA42-0D0E42932949.jpeg

Last edited:
What is the Aussie advice?
As I recall it's similar to what we are being told although they have dealt with the situation amazingly well in comparison. I've read hundreds of articles and they are ever changing but if you Google Covid-19 advice and browse some of the foreign articles the advice varies. This one is Toronto (couldn't find the Australian one I read earlier) I believe, and just highlights the need to be aware of touching tins and jars whilst shopping. I've just today seen that some of our supermarkets are also rolling out a "no touch" policy asking people to only handle what they intend to purchase.

Obviously it's important to read articles with an open mind and only follow the advice that sounds legit and that you're happy with. I only quoted Australia as their death rate to date seems phenomenally low.

Attachments

£625 to be a guinea pig for the vaccine would it be worth it 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 9
One of my friends has just said that she thinks this could be going on until after Christmas, what are your thoughts?

I’ve just about accepted June(ish) but really can’t bear the thought of 2021! Surely the economy would completely collapse? And suicide rates would start to soar, particularly those people who live alone. A year is a LONG time to go without any contact with family and friends.

• Sad
One of my friends has just said that she thinks this could be going on until after Christmas, what are your thoughts?

I’ve just about accepted June(ish) but really can’t bear the thought of 2021! Surely the economy would completely collapse? And suicide rates would start to soar, particularly those people who live alone. A year is a LONG time to go without any contact with family and friends.
There’s no way it will be that long for the exact reasons you’ve said. Don’t worry too much x

What? Lockdown?

As has been mentioned on here before, there is no point wearing a mask if you don't follow the correct procedure.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.