Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hnoz

VIP Member
Disinfecting fruit and veg is something I can't be arsed with and never plan on doing 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

50sGirl

VIP Member
Okay well I still don’t agree. Just because it was on route to your shop doesn’t mean it’s okay. Do what you like non of my business but you can’t then come moaning about others doing the same
Since all this started I have banged on about “stay home, stay safe” and have followed it so much so that I am the only one of my household leaving the house.
That said, 2 days after lockdown we did break the rules.

We travelled to my son’s uni and cleared his room.
I didn’t sleep the night before we went because I was so worried about it.
I am not a rule breaker usually.

However, his accommodation said if students cleared their rooms then they would not pay the next terms rent (almost £2000) or else the staff would clear their rooms and put it all in storage.
They announced this the day AFTER lockdown.
My son has MH problems and I could see that the thought of a stranger going through his things was going to affect him badly so we made the decision to travel to empty his room.
We drove straight there, put gloves on and emptied and cleaned his room in 15 minutes. We saw nobody else there.

Officially, was it essential travel? No.
Was it essential travel for our son’s wellbeing? Yes.

So I hold my hands up - yes I’m a hypocrite.
Do I still feel guilty? Yes.
Would I do it again if I could turn back time? Still yes.
I would prefer to deal with my guilt and hypocrisy than to see my son have a meltdown.

Sometimes we have to go against everything we believe in to help those we love.

Grumpycat did it to help her grandparents.
Without wanting to put words into her mouth, she knew it was “bending the rules” slightly but she still followed the social distancing rules to ensure safety for everyone.
I bet you she felt as crap as I did for doing it and I very much doubt she will be doing it again unless she felt her grandparents were desperately needing it.

I’m sorry if this post has made me go down in some people’s estimations (not that you probably think of me at all!) but sometimes, just sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.

Apologies for the long post and to make it about me, but I felt I needed to support Grumpycat because I feel she has been the scapegoat on here lately and it hasn’t sat well with me.

Please can we draw a line under this now?

Edit: apologies Ooh, it took me that long to type this, your post was written in between.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Moe

VIP Member
Just come on for a moan I thought yesterday was bad being sworn at in the supermarket but today is the pits. I live by the seaside and am lucky to have a roof top terrace. I’d just put my large wine outside and my fags (yes I know they are bad) anyway some fucking seagull has just knocked my glass of wine over and flown off with 20 silk cut 🤬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Morning all.

Dyed my hair for the first time today since lock down. Pretty impressed that I’ve managed to cover all my grey stragglers. That was until I discovered my first ever grey pube whilst getting dressed.

You win some, you lose some.

Happy Sunday all, chin up, we are another day closer to some sort of normality xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

hnoz

VIP Member
People choose to be ignorant I think.
I’ve been to my nans today, she’s got a walkthrough from the front garden to back so I never went in the house. Sat at the bottom of the garden whilst they sat at the top, had a chat for an hour or so. Really lifted their spirits! We did it on the way to get some milk from the shop. My son slept in his pushchair the whole time (thank the Lord😂)

when we went for a walk yesterday I saw a couple lift a newborn baby our their car, into a relatives house being kissed and cuddled on the way in.

It’s so stupid. as far as I’m concerned we’re supposed to be on lockdown, and only going out for exercise or to get food. people take the piss til it hits closer to yoke.
Did you really just complain about people bending the rules and how they should only be going out for food or exercise while also admitting you went to visit your nan for an hour?
Exactly, people do chose to be ignorant. Case in point you making an excuse to visit someone for an hour because you also bought milk. If you are going to get annoyed at other people taking the piss then start at your own behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Here in Canada, there was a mass shooting over the weekend in Nova Scotia. 16 people dead. The man had a fake police car and dressed up as an officer, pulling people over and then shot them. It is absolutely horrific. The poor victim's families won't even be able to have proper funerals.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I have no reason to brag - this is from a very top advisor
an amazing advisor,
absolutely tremendous,
the king of advisors,
he’s a good friend of mine, excellent conversations, top man.

I have no reason to brag but It comes so naturally.... 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33

KateESJ

VIP Member
I’m not leaving the house again.
Jogger ran right past me and my kids and spit on the floor right next to my daughter!!! It was enough for even her to notice and flinch backwards away from him.
Gross at the best of times but just disgusting now.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It’s hard to believe that this is week 5 of no school. Time is going fairly quickly.
seven weeks closed on Thursday here, it feel like forever ago, and also like it was yesterday 🤷‍♀️

I have a feeling we’ll wake up and it will be October.

maybe in a few years 2020 will be written out of history,
we’ll just call it the Voldemort year, and when children ask
“what happened in 2020 grandma”

there will be dead silence, and granny will whisper
“we do not speak of that year young one....now go fetch me my vape”

all you fuckers who read the secret and believe in the power of positive thinking, sucks to be you 🙂 thankfully I’ve always been a negative fucker 🤣😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Kermy5

Emotional morning, I'm self employed and two more of my clients have transferred cash to my bank today despite me not being able to work right now. I'm so touched by their kindness, some people are so bloody lovely 😭💙💙💙

• Heart

clily

• Haha
  • Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I’m bored. I’m bored of the rona,
I’m bored of the daily updates,
I’m bored of people knowing best,
I’m bored of Twitter experts,
I’m bored of Facebook experts,
I'm bored of curtain twitching neighbours,
I'm bored of judgemental shoppers,
I'm bored of virtue signalling,
I’m bored of people breaking rules,
I'm bored of rules,
I’m bored of toilet rolls,
I’m bored of feeling guilty for buying stuff,
I’m bored of second guessing everything I do, or say.... or touch,
I’m bored of looking at people like they’re “dangerous“ because they’re too near,
I’m bored of people looking at me like I’m dangerous because I’m to near,
I'm bored of my routine,
I’m scared when my routine changes,
I'm bored of complaining about shit I can’t change,
I’m bored of being fucking bored.

But I’m FINE thanks for asking.
😂 🤣😂🤣😂 totally fine. FINE!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

hnoz

VIP Member
All this policing other people’s shopping sounds exhausting! Get a life everyone, mind your own business and focus on yourself.
You are only going for milk which is apparently okay because it’s essential (to you) but you’re getting yourself all worked up because someone just bought an ice cream. Guess what, someone else thinks your pint of milk is just as frivolous.

You are all making this way more miserable than it needs to be. I had to nip to the shop the other day just for laundry tablets, they didn’t have any so I just brought home some biscuits. Should I have left with nothing since they didn’t have the essential I went for? Or do I need to do a whole food shop I don’t need just to justify the biscuits even though that isn’t why I went?

• Heart
Reactions: 30

LittleMy

VIP Member
The only thing I care about is being able to see the rest of my family. I don’t even care if the restaurants etc stay shut. I just miss them. My kids miss their grandparents, aunties and uncles, I miss my Gran.

• Heart

Jamhead

VIP Member
I have it on very good authority (my husband) that i cook a better roast than his mother 💁🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Are we really still arguing in circles, we’re really still doing it?

still?

guys drop it, move on and agree to disagree.

Reactions: 28

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Prime minister didnt care enough to work the hours, really?? He was working through being sick with Covid-19 and ended up in hospital with it. What’s he meant to do? You think he’s sitting at home with his xbox or something?

I don’t subscribe to the times so not sure what they article said but I doubt he was doing nothing
You need to read the article. It is not about him working whilst having the virus. He missed 5 cobra meetings in Jan/Feb to discuss the virus. He ignored all the warnings and it is the reason we are in this mess.

• Wow
Reactions: 27