Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have been issued with masks today in work. Just seems strange given the government’s reluctance to say we need to/should be wearing them...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Just wondering as this social distancing is to go on for years does that mean no hairdressers will be in business ...we'll all be going round like Freddie Boswell ffs
Oh my life, I still refer to Freddie Boswell, folk don't know what I'm on about! 😆😆😆 I actually called someone Lilo Lil the other day too, (behind her back, obvs!!) 🤭🤭🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
One of my friends has just said that she thinks this could be going on until after Christmas, what are your thoughts?

I’ve just about accepted June(ish) but really can’t bear the thought of 2021! Surely the economy would completely collapse? And suicide rates would start to soar, particularly those people who live alone. A year is a LONG time to go without any contact with family and friends.
My kids are really missing their grandparents, they will be so upset if they cant see them for a year

Reactions: 2
There's been cases here where the produce handlers at the grocery store have tested positive for covid so we aren't taking any risks. The food (raw apples, etc) will be touching your hands then mouth and they say you shouldn't touch your mouth without washing hands as you could get it through the contact so it makes sense to disinfect the produce.

Yes. This is essentially a new way of life for us. It's already routine as we've been doing it for a while now. We are only going grocery shopping every 2 weeks as well.
Your fresh food is going to taste grim though?
Any other food is getting cooked so would kill the virus? Etc.

seems a bit far fetched for me but each to their own. I wash my hands. Don’t even change my clothes when I go out and back in...maybe to blaze but if we spend every second worrying about everything that’s not good for us either

I hope non of you ate takeaways before this probably far worse germs in them 😂

Reactions: 15
Just come on for a moan I thought yesterday was bad being sworn at in the supermarket but today is the pits. I live by the seaside and am lucky to have a roof top terrace. I’d just put my large wine outside and my fags (yes I know they are bad) anyway some bleeping seagull has just knocked my glass of wine over and flown off with 20 silk cut 🤬

the stories of seagulls have me howling their such a bunch of brave cunts

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What is the Aussie advice?

I’ve just had a look and can’t see anything on how to wash shopping on their gov site. It is interesting how they say “Australians over 70, or those over 60 with existing conditions are more susceptible”. Found it odd they didn’t say “people”. Do non Aussie people living there not count?

View attachment 114867
I'd say their current death stat of 74 (I mean, less than 100 is quite something, right?) compared to our 18,000 is worth looking at. There was article in The Independent this morning.

Reactions: 3
I also get annoyed with businesses, like one of my nearest hairdressers that I posted earlier, who are opening because they are copying what Spain are doing.

Are we even comparable to Spain to copy?
If it means we get a siesta, you can count me in for copying Spain 🙋🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'd say their current death stat of 74 (I mean, less than 100 is quite something, right?) compared to our 18,000 is worth looking at. There was article in The Independent this morning.
The Aussies are better at most things, so I’m not surprised they’re pissing all over this pandemic. They do have the added luxury of being super spaced out too. Lucky bastards.

31 people per sq km in Oz. 274 per sq km in UK. Yikes

• Wow
Reactions: 7

seems a bit far fetched for me but each to their own. I wash my hands. Don’t even change my clothes when I go out and back in...maybe to blaze but if we spend every second worrying about everything that’s not good for us either
I've not been changing my clothes either. My kids are upset enough not seeing family members. I dont want to traumatise them more getting changed at the front door 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh my life, I still refer to Freddie Boswell, folk don't know what I'm on about! 😆😆😆 I actually called someone Lilo Lil the other day too, (behind her back, obvs!!) 🤭🤭🤭
She is a tart! 😂 lilo lil 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I
I actually knew her she was doing a show in our town and she moved into a house nxt door to my friends family her and her boyfriend Frank used to drink with my friends parents ..All I’ll say is she was wilder than her character 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She is a tart!!

Oo someone beat me to it!
Showing our age now! :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I hope non of you ate takeaways before this probably far worse germs in them 😂
No, it is fine. We use a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water, spray it, let it soak, rinse and then dry it before putting it away. Don't taste a thing.

Reactions: 2
The Aussies are better at most things, so I’m not surprised they’re pissing all over this pandemic. They do have the added luxury of being super spaced out too. Lucky bastards.

31 people per sq km in Oz. 274 per sq km in UK. Yikes
Plus 25 million people in Oz compared to 66 million in UK.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any update on holiday or future travel plans. We are supposed to be going to the Canaries in July but not sure if it's actually going to happen 🤷🏼‍♀️☹

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.